Windows 10: Saving websites to Favorites

Discus and support Saving websites to Favorites in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I posted this in Windows 7 but no one responed. Here goes: I thought I knew how to save a new site into favorites by the following procedures: Click on... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by huffman, Jun 24, 2021.

1. huffman Win User

Saving websites to Favorites

I posted this in Windows 7 but no one responed. Here goes: I thought I knew how to save a new site into favorites by the following procedures: Click on the Star as indicated. The name is automatically entered but it can be changed. Select the folder to save the favorite site. Not sure if "Turn on sync" should be activated. Click on "Done" and it should be save into the folder selected. When I used this procedure, I have no idea where the site was saved. It was NOT in to folder I had selected. Anyone have a clue?? Thanks for responses.

:)

huffman, Jun 24, 2021

2. Saving Favorites

I'm using Edge with Windows 10. Whenever I try to add a website to my Favorites List or Favorites Bar, I'm given the option of naming the favorite and saving it to either the list or the bar, but nothing actually gets saved. I get no error at the time
    of saving. I have no option to "Create In" which someone on this forum suggested. The only option is to Save, but the short cut is never saved in my Favorites folder. My folder is set up under Users\Owner\Favorites. Is it possible these are being saved
    somewhere else?

BarbaraBlasch, Jun 24, 2021
  3. Right clicking on a save website

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are trying to rename the saved websites in Microsoft Edge. We will help you.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on the "Hub" - 3 lines in the right top corner of the Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on the Favorites and check if the Websites are saved.
    • Right click and check if the rename option is available. Click on that and
      check if it possible to rename.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jun 24, 2021
  4. Darshan J Win User

Unable to Save Favorites in Maps app

Hi Ali,

To assist you better help us with the information below.

Computer

• What is the make and model of your Computer?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates on your computer?
    • Which Windows 10 build is installed on the computer?
    • What happens when you try to save the favorites?
    • Do you get any error message or code?

At first you have to sign in using a Microsoft account, if you have not logged the saved favorite’s will be not be visible next time when you open Map app.Also make sure Date, Time and Region are
    set correctly.

Suggest you to follow below steps to save your favorite location on you Maps app on your computer.

• Open Map App, Search for the location.
    • On the left pane Click on the Star Icon to save your favorite place.

If you are still unable to save favorites on your computer follow the below methods.

Method 1: I suggest you to run Windows Store apps troubleshooter from the below Microsoft Help Article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

If the issues still persist, refer to the below method.

Method 2: Update Windows Store Apps and games.

Checking for updates for apps and games from the Windows Store

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/...updates-for-apps-and-games-from-windows-store

Mobile

Provide the information below to help you better.

• What is the make and model of your mobile?
    • What happens when you try to save the favorites?
    • Do you get any error message or code?
    • Make sure Date, Time and Region are set correctly, try to restart your phone and check if will be able to Save the Favorite location.
    • Also check if there are any update available for this from Store>Menu>Downloads and updates>Check for updates.
    Suggest you to follow below steps to save your favorite location on you Maps app on your computer.

• Open Map App, Search for the location.
    • On the left pane Click on the Star Icon to save your favorite place.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Darshan J, Jun 24, 2021
Thema:

1. Saving websites to Favorites - Similar Threads - Saving websites Favorites

2. Saving cookies for selected websites.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Saving cookies for selected websites.: Every time I reboot this computer, I have to reenter my password for OneDrive and Microsoft Office. I have gone to settings in the Microsoft Edge browser and added these sites, including NavyFederal.org, but the cookies still get erased when I reboot. Please tell me what I am...
  3. PCI Vendor and Device List Websites - your favorite?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PCI Vendor and Device List Websites - your favorite?: Mmmmm. My trusty old PCI Vendor and Device database website (www.pcidatabase.com) is 404. Bummer. What are you hardware folks using these days? 147801
  4. How to save favorite passwords in Edge

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to save favorite passwords in Edge: I recently bought a new laptop and when I got the new one going, I transferred/moved all my favorites from my old laptop and put them in the new laptop in EDGE. So far, so good. however I cannot get the passwords to save for favorites I've used forever. Any ideas?...
  5. Saving a website in Favorites folder

in Browsers and Email
    Saving a website in Favorites folder: Some web sites don't let me save it under "Add to favorites". I get the attached warning. How to solve this problem. I have Windows 7. Thank you. 23805
  6. How to save websites in Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    How to save websites in Chrome: I've recently been having a lot of issues w/MS Edge and Firefox, in fact Edge became unusable for reasons I won't go in to here. A computer tech friend swears by Chrome, so I downloaded it and clicked on the "Import from Firefox button" and there they were. It seems very...
  7. changing a saved password to a website

in Browsers and Email
    changing a saved password to a website: hi I use windows 10 and Microsoft edge and play cards on a website.. edge asked did I want to save password I saved it but now want to change password.. I went to settings then advanced setting where I can change password.. I changed password,, but the original password keeps...
  8. need to transfer some favorite website.

in Browsers and Email
    need to transfer some favorite website.: I have 7 "Favorites" listed in Chrome. Is there a way to transfer just these 7 to Internet Explorer? These two are installed on a Dell tablet running Windows 10. I thought it would be easier than going back and forth typing the websites. (p.s. not using Edge). 38795
  9. How to save and view the website in the Favorites in Microsoft Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    How to save and view the website in the Favorites in Microsoft Edge?: How to save and view the website in the Favorites inMicrosoft Edge? 21215
  10. Problem saving web sites to favorites

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem saving web sites to favorites: When I try to save a web site to my favorites listing, I should get a box saying "create in" when I click on the star but all I get is the file or web site name but no option of putting it into an existing folder. I am trying this in Windows 10 using MS Edge. Why don't I have...