Windows 10: Saving Word documents to desktop

Discus and support Saving Word documents to desktop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am returning to using Microsoft Windows and have questions about saving word documents. Since more than a few people use Word for writing, private... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by 12Gin29, Feb 23, 2022.

1. 12Gin29 Win User

Saving Word documents to desktop

I am returning to using Microsoft Windows and have questions about saving word documents. Since more than a few people use Word for writing, private reports, music and other things of a personal nature or in need of protection, why is saving to the cloud the preferred method to save and no true option available for saving to desktop or personal files? I admit to not fully understanding the cloud or its ability to be hacked in various ways, but can someone explain this to me in easy to understand ways? Is saving to desktop only available in more expensive versions of Windows?Thank you

:)

12Gin29, Feb 23, 2022
  2. WHS
    whs Win User

word documents saved as wordpad documents

Use 'Save as' and choose from the list of options.

Saving Word documents to desktop [​IMG]

3. Ztruker Win User
    Can word processor documents be sent to desktop vs Documents folder

Sure, you can save them wherever you want.

In my old Office 2007, I open Word, click on File (button, top left) the Word Options button at bottom.

Then click on the Save option at left and change the Default file location:

I don't know the steps for other versions of Office but it should be similar.

You can also use the File, Save as each time and select where you want to save a document.

Ztruker, Feb 23, 2022
  4. Try3 Win User

Can word processor documents be sent to desktop vs Documents folder

That's a different question.
    You want to know how to change the default.
    Only by 'relocating' your user Documents folder to your Desktop. Move Location of Documents Folder - TenForumsTutorials but it seems a very big step to take just to satisfy WordPad.
    I would not be at all surprised to find that somebody has discovered a Registry hack to do what you want more directly & without relocating the Documents folder.

Denis

Thema:

1. Saving Word documents to desktop - Similar Threads - Saving Word documents

2. PDF files are not saving. They are saving as word documents!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PDF files are not saving. They are saving as word documents!: Hi there, in the last couple of weeks I cannot print a pdf file to save in my documents. I have Windows 11. The file shows in my documents as a Word document! Plus it is completely in gobbledegook! I have tried to restart the computer and it is still happening. I have tried...
  3. Saving Word documents to desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saving Word documents to desktop: I am returning to using Microsoft Windows and have questions about saving word documents. Since more than a few people use Word for writing, private reports, music and other things of a personal nature or in need of protection, why is saving to the cloud the preferred method...
  4. Saving Word documents to desktop

Saving Word documents to desktop: I am returning to using Microsoft Windows and have questions about saving word documents. Since more than a few people use Word for writing, private reports, music and other things of a personal nature or in need of protection, why is saving to the cloud the preferred method...
  5. Saving Word Documents in 365

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Saving Word Documents in 365: I have a recently re-installed Windows 10 with all Updates. 2004 (OS Build 1904-508) When deciding whether to use my Office 2010 or not, I decided to take the plunge and purchase 365 Office. Part of the reason for the re-install was that my Files and Folders were in a total...
  6. Saving Word Documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Saving Word Documents: How can I save a word document as a JPG file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saving-word-documents/93d7a253-ae4d-4ac4-90f1-3923058007b6"
  7. Opening documents saved in Word

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Opening documents saved in Word: Hello I have many documents created in Open Office but saved as Word docs so they can be sent to others in a readable form. Suddenly they no can no longer be opened and any attempt to do so brings up a window stating that 'You are trying to use Office but you don't have...
  8. Word document not auto saved

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Word document not auto saved: I wrote a word document and never titled it or even saved it originally. i work and come back to my work and know that autosave exists so i didn't worry about it. My computer got closed accidentally. 2 days later i opened word and found my document under Document 1 as is...
  9. Saving a word document as PDF

in Windows 10 Customization
    Saving a word document as PDF: Hi, I have created a document in word, but would like to save it in PDF. When I click "save as", there is PDF option in the drop down. I have tried downloading a converter from Google, but it changes my settings when converting. Any suggestions on how to get it into my drop...
  10. word documents saved as wordpad documents

word documents saved as wordpad documents: I am using Word 2013 on my laptop. Windows 8 was operating system. Recently upgraded to Windows 10. When I save Word documents now, they are saved as Wordpad documents. (.xml files) Wordpad does not recommend some of the Word formatting and alters the documents. How do I...