Windows 10: Savings Cool won't uninstall, displays Apache server website.

Discus and support Savings Cool won't uninstall, displays Apache server website. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I've gone to my control panel, file explorer, and all that, and whenever I try to hit the Uninstall/Modify button, it takes me to an Apache website. I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by CookieDough, Jan 14, 2017.

1. Savings Cool won't uninstall, displays Apache server website.

I've gone to my control panel, file explorer, and all that, and whenever I try to hit the Uninstall/Modify button, it takes me to an Apache website. I don't know what to do, as I'm not too well versed in computers. If someone could help, that would mean a lot! By the way, I'm trying to uninstall an adware called Savings Cool.

(Savings Cool is an adware that can be hidden in certain packages and will do a "Behind the scenes" install onto the computer. it tracks websites you visit and then displays full page ads or injects ad banners into websites you visit.)

:)

CookieDough, Jan 14, 2017

2. 6680 CA certificates

Hi mvr1224,

If I have an Apache server and I created a self-signed certificate, server.crt, on this server, I just want my phone to connect to my Apache server by https. So I create a Midlet and use https to my Apache server. When I launches the Midlet on my phone, it
    complains about the "untrusted certificate". My phone is Nokia 6260. Do you think I can follow the same procedure you detail and get rid of the message? I tried it already. But when I use Messanger to view the inbox, it doesn't give me the option to save as
    an "unsafe certificate". Do you have any suggestions? Thank you very much in advance!!

Joe

joe_h---01, Jan 14, 2017
  3. I tried to delete a program named SavingsCool for my Hard disk.

As

soon as i click uninstall via control panel it directs me to Apache such as below

This page is used to test the proper operation of the Apache HTTP server after it has been installed. If you can read this page it means that the Apache HTTP server installed at this site is working properly.

If you are a member of the general public:
    The fact that you are seeing this page indicates that the website you just visited is either experiencing problems or is undergoing routine maintenance.

If you would like to let the administrators of this website know that you've seen this page instead of the page you expected, you should send them e-mail. In general, mail sent to the name "webmaster" and directed to the website's domain should reach the
    appropriate person.

For example, if you experienced problems while visiting www.example.com, you should send e-mail to "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***".

If you are the website administrator:
    You may now add content to the directory . Note that until you do so, people visiting your website will see this page and not your content. To prevent this page from ever being used, follow the instructions in the file .

You are free to use the images below on Apache and CentOS Linux powered HTTP servers. Thanks for using Apache and CentOS!

Image Image

About CentOS: The Community ENTerprise Operating System (CentOS) is an Enterprise-class Linux Distribution derived from sources freely provided to the public by a prominent North American Enterprise Linux vendor. CentOS conforms fully with
    the upstream vendors redistribution policy and aims to be 100% binary compatible. (CentOS mainly changes packages to remove upstream vendor branding and artwork.) The CentOS Project is the organization that builds CentOS.

For information on CentOS please visit the CentOS website.

Note:

CentOS is an Operating System and it is used to power this website; however, the webserver is owned by the domain owner and not the CentOS Project.
    If you have issues with the content of this site, contact the owner of the domain, not the CentOS project.

Unless this server is on the CentOS.org domain, the CentOS Project doesn't have anything to do with the content on this webserver or any e-mails that directed you to this site.

For example, if this website is www.example.com, you would find the owner of the example.com domain at the following WHOIS server:

*** Edited to remove third-party links ***

MadanChatterji, Jan 14, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

Savings Cool won't uninstall, displays Apache server website.

Have you searched via Google for ways of removing this? A quick search shows there are quite a few resources on this topic.

philc43, Jan 15, 2017
  5. I've tried a lot of methods but none of these work for me.

CookieDough, Jan 15, 2017
  6. clam1952 Win User
    clam1952, Jan 15, 2017
  7. Yeah, I looked there. That's where I found the most helpful stuff, and I found the SavingsCool file, it just won't uninstall. What it said to do was uninstall the file first, then scan with MalwareBytes, but every time I click the uninstall/modify option, it takes me to an Apache HTTP server testing that says the website is down. Here's the link, doesn't do anything bad. uninstall.savings.cool

CookieDough, Jan 15, 2017
  8. dencal Win User

Have a look in Task Manager to locate Apache and SavingsCool, if found click on them and then click on End Task.
    Shut down computer, then disconnect power to Router.
    Restart router, then restart computer.

dencal, Jan 15, 2017
  9. dencal Win User
    dencal, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Savings Cool won't uninstall, displays Apache server website. - Similar Threads - Savings Cool won't

2. Regarding Apache Web Server

in Windows 10 Customization
    Regarding Apache Web Server: I have a domain and I have a website hosted on my Apache Web Server and I can access it by entering my IP in the browser so now how can I assign the domain which I have bought to that IP so that everyone in world can access it?...
  3. Saving websites to Favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Saving websites to Favorites: I posted this in Windows 7 but no one responed. Here goes: I thought I knew how to save a new site into favorites by the following procedures: Click on the Star as indicated. The name is automatically entered but it can be changed. Select the folder to save the favorite site....
  4. XAMPP (Apache,MySQL,PHP web server)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    XAMPP (Apache,MySQL,PHP web server): Hi folks Anybody tried installing XAMPP for using as a Web server (can also install things like word press etc on it). I usually don't like integrated packages but there's so many different versions of perl, phy etc out there currently that installing "classically" (e.g on...
  5. Apache web server error XAMPP Control Panel

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Apache web server error XAMPP Control Panel: While downloading WordPress as under error is occurred Problem detected! 4:23:14 PM [Apache] Port 80 in use by ""C:\Bitnami\WOE8F0~1\apache2\bin\httpd.exe" -k runservice" with PID 5648! 4:23:14 PM [Apache] Apache WILL NOT start without the configured ports free!...
  6. Apache server cannot start up on port 8888

Apache server cannot start up on port 8888: The device or resource localhost is not set up to accept connections on port "8888". Contact your network administrator Completed The computer or device you are trying to reach is available, but it doesn’t support what you’re trying to do. This might be a configuration...
  7. Apache

Apache: I want to remove Apache from my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apache/1e5a4b27-7f29-4fef-8822-97303f74d436
  8. apache local server not worked

apache local server not worked: showing this message 3:46:48 [Apache] Status change detected: stopped 13:46:48 [Apache] Error: Apache shutdown unexpectedly. 13:46:48 [Apache] This may be due to a blocked port, missing dependencies, 13:46:48 [Apache] improper privileges, a crash, or a shutdown by...
  9. Savings Cool adware won't uninstall

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Savings Cool adware won't uninstall: Savings Cool will redirect me to this website every 2 minutes. Savings Cool downloaded by probably downloading a file that contained a virus. It is in control panel but when I try to uninstall it says 502 Bad Gateway. *Sad 70365
  10. Services Apache & MySQL won't run

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Services Apache & MySQL won't run: My Windows 7 Pro machine correctly ran Apache and MySQL servers until I accepted the free "upgrade" to Windows 10 Pro. Now the services won't stay running. I had previously installed the IndigoAMPP 9.04 distribution from IndigoStar software, including Apache 2.2.11 and...