Windows 10: Say Goodbye to Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) errors in Windows 11

Discus and support Say Goodbye to Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) errors in Windows 11 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; The Blue Screen of Death on Windows devices is probably one of the most feared errors that users and administrators alike may experience when using the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Jul 2, 2021.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Say Goodbye to Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) errors in Windows 11

The Blue Screen of Death on Windows devices is probably one of the most feared errors that users and administrators alike may experience when using the operating system. The system becomes unusable when the error is thrown and a restart is required.

Windows may start normally afterwards, or it may try to repair the system automatically (which more often than not does not work).

The Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) is a thing of the past in Microsoft's Windows 11 operating system, according to The Verge. While it would be great if Microsoft would get rid of the error and its causes completely, it is far from that in this case.

Microsoft made the decision to turn the Blue Screen of Death into a Black Screen of Death on Windows 11. The main reason: to match the new background color, black, of the start screen and shutdown screen of the Windows 11 operating system.

Say Goodbye to Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) errors in Windows 11 black-screen-of-death.png
    image source: The Verge

It is not a major change, but it may still confuse users expecting a Blue Screen of Death.

The last change to the infamous Blue Screen of Death dates back to 2016 when Microsoft did add QR codes to the error screens. Before that, the company added smileys when it launched the Windows 8 operating system back in 2012.

BSOD errors, the acronym still fits the new color of the error, reveal an error code that may assist technicians and administrators in fixing the issue at hand. Some generate data dumps that may help in the analysis of the issue that led to the throwing of the error.

The Black Screen of Death offers identical information to the Blue Screen of Death. It may change, considering that Windows 11 is still in development, but it seems unlikely that new information is added to the screen by Microsoft. Windows Insiders do get Green Screen of Death error messages instead.

Enable the Black Screen of Death error in Windows 11

BSOD errors are still blue currently in Windows 11. You need to make a change to the Registry of the operating system to turn them into Black Screen of Death errors (thanks to Toms Hardware for the tip). Note that this is only necessary in preview builds and won't be necessary in final builds of the operating system.

Here is what you need to do:

1. Select Start.
    2. Type regedit.exe.
    3. Select Registry Editor from the list of results.
    4. Confirm the UAC prompt.
    5. Go to HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\CrashControl.
    6. Locate the value DisplayPreRelaseColor
    7. Double-click on the value and set it to 0.
    8. Sign-off or restart the computer.

BSOD errors should be displayed in black after you have made the change.

Closing words

Blue, Green or Black, the color does not play a role when it comes to the error that users experience. More information about the error and how to resolve the issue would probably be appreciated by the majority of users of the operating system.

Now You: when was the last time that you did encounter a BSOD on Windows?

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Say Goodbye to Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) errors in Windows 11 appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Jul 2, 2021

2. Blue Screen of death

Hi Cruize,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Are you able to boot to the desktop?
    • What is the exact error message you get on the screen?
    I would suggest you refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors and check.

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Reference: Refer to the following Wiki article created by ZigZag3143 (MS - MVP) on
    Blue Screen of Death (BSOD).

BSOD Finding and fixing them

Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Jul 2, 2021
  3. Blue Screen of Deaths on a Daily

I have tried all of the options there, Which is why i included in my post the lists of things that i performed to isolate the cause of bsod. Thanks

cainegetutua, Jul 2, 2021
  4. J-Man Win User

Blue screen of death?

If anyone happens to know the error called "DRIVE_IRQL_NOT_EQUAL_OR_LESS" please let me know. It says that on the blue screen of death I call it.

J-Man, Jul 2, 2021
Thema:

1. Say Goodbye to Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) errors in Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Goodbye Blue Screen

2. ntoskrl.exe blue screen of death BSOD on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ntoskrl.exe blue screen of death BSOD on Windows 11: Hello,I'm getting continuous BSOD on Windows 11. Checked the forums but there is no clear answer to this issue. I've ran multiple memory tests and driver verifier but no issue found.Please find here Memdumps.zip my memory dump files and system information.Thank you in advance...
  3. ntoskrl.exe blue screen of death BSOD on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ntoskrl.exe blue screen of death BSOD on Windows 11: Hello,I'm getting continuous BSOD on Windows 11. Checked the forums but there is no clear answer to this issue. I've ran multiple memory tests and driver verifier but no issue found.Please find here Memdumps.zip my memory dump files and system information.Thank you in advance...
  4. Blue Screen of Death BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen of Death BSOD: I am getting recurring BSODs on my new laptop with various error messages, e.g.SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTIONwin32kfull.sysKmode Exception Not HandledNtfs.sysI have already tried the straightforward solutions like sfc /scannow, dism restore health and similar.I have performed the...
  5. Bsod, Blue Screen of Death

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bsod, Blue Screen of Death: Greetings,Recently I have been having some issues it started out with and black screen every time I boot up then became a Bsod code and would happen maybe once a day and last night it started occurring anytime I boot up. I’ve tried almost everything that I could find and even...
  6. Bsod, Blue Screen of Death

Bsod, Blue Screen of Death: Greetings,Recently I have been having some issues it started out with and black screen every time I boot up then became a Bsod code and would happen maybe once a day and last night it started occurring anytime I boot up. I’ve tried almost everything that I could find and even...
  7. BSOD Blue Screen of Death

BSOD Blue Screen of Death: Hello,I've been experiencing a lot of BSOD's for the past week. I believe it started after an update through Dell Updates possibly, but I'm not 100% sure. Can someone please help and identify what exactly is causing the issue?Minidump...
  8. BSOD Blue Screen Of Death

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD Blue Screen Of Death: Hey guys, When I open Valorant, it instantly shows me a Blue Screen saying "What Failed: vgx.sys" i think it ishow can i fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-blue-screen-of-death/05431832-6ae4-45d3-8106-e9813ed10202
  9. Blue screen of death BSOD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blue screen of death BSOD: Hi, I recently been getting random BSODs, it seems to be at random times. I'm not sure what could be causing it. Note: Drivers are up to date and I have run some memory test which all pass. Here is the memory dump file. Any help would be greatly appreciated....
  10. BSOD Blue Screen Of Death

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Blue Screen Of Death: I am using OS10 with latest updates installed in it but whenever I tries to install something or download, it gets terminated by BSOD. Can you please suggest me some ways for getting rid of it...?...