Windows 10: Say 'Hello' to Windows Hello on Windows 10

Discus and support Say 'Hello' to Windows Hello on Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; I maybe setup for Hello after all. I have an IR sensor and my webcam can detect motion. I thought Hello required windows pro though, something change?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jul 24, 2015.

1. Wynona Win User

Say 'Hello' to Windows Hello on Windows 10

Good luck, Groze, but your IR sensor must still have the Intel technology inside before it will work with Hello. And I'm pretty sure we can forget our webcams. I have one that's quite respectable, but again, without the Intel technology inside to make it work with Hello, it's a lost cause.

Having said that, there are other ways to make your IR sensor work without Hello. I'd go for that first, since Hello isn't available yet.

Wynona, Jul 25, 2015
  2. Wynona Win User

I have an idea! Why don't we all search the Internet for anything that has Intel Real Sense in its technology? At least then we'd know "yes or no" whether something will work with Hello.

Wynona, Jul 25, 2015
  3. Wynona Win User
    Well, I didn't find anything more than what the article indicated. *Sad

Wynona, Jul 25, 2015
  4. Say 'Hello' to Windows Hello on Windows 10

Sounds to me like they are going after small businesses that have a couple of employees using the same computer and one e-mail address.

alkaufmann, Jul 25, 2015
  5. ARC1020 Win User
    Not sure. In the following demo, during setup it says "...if you wear glasses, select improve recognition to go through the setup again with and without them. This will make sure you're recognised either way"

Setup starts at around 6:33:

The 'Improve Recognition' button doesn't grey out after he does it twice, so it'd be interesting to know whether it's necessary to do it for all glasses or not, and hats, and hats with glasses, and hats with glasses and earphones... lol.

Yahr. The camera used in the above video uses an RGB (color) camera, an infra-red camera and an infra-red laser projector for it to work.

https://software.intel.com/en-us/blo...webcam-do-this

Intel also do another one with both left and right IR sensors. I haven't had much time to read about it yet, but presumably they're going to allow people to scan objects in 3D, or for augmented reality purposes. Maybe both, which will be cool.

ARC1020, Jul 26, 2015
  6. Star Ferret, stop typing on Wynona's computer *Smile

Slartybart, Jul 26, 2015
  7. Gary Win User
    Windows 10 starts up about 20 times faster than 7. I hope to say hello with a webcam maybe.

8. Wynona Win User

Can't keep that little critter off it! *Smile

Wynona, Jul 26, 2015
  9. GonzoBobH Win User
    Prior to the update to WIN 10, face sign-in worked great to log me in to the computer.

Updated to WIN 10 yesterday; lost ability to sign in by having the computer scan my face.

If I go to settings, there is no option for face sign in (even if I search and there is a result to Set Up Face Sign In it just takes me to Sign-in Options and, again, there is no option for face sign in. The camera does work, as I took a picture under Your Account).

Appreciate any help with this.

Bob

GonzoBobH, Jul 29, 2015
  10. I have the same situation as Bob.
    My Surface Pro, running Windows 8.1 Pro was updated to Win 10 last night.
    No face sign-in available. :-(

CargoMatatu, Jul 29, 2015
  11. GonzoBobH Win User
    Found these:

Previous Intel® RealSense Developer Kits | Intel® Software

"Facial scan. This sign-in requires special camera hardware with IR capabilities—so it can work in any lighting, including pitch black darkness—and cannot be retrofitted to existing webcams, or to Kinect. (I could see a future Kinect peripheral adding Windows Hello support.) Today, you pretty much need an Intel RealSense camera to sign-in with Windows Hello. This camera is shipping in a variety of PCs, including some from ASUS, Dell, HP and Lenovo. And you can order a developer kit directly from Intel for $100 if you want, though be aware that is has some onerous hardware requirements (such as needing a 4th generation or newer Intel Core processor). I recently did purchase this camera for Windows Hello testing."

Or more simply, this:

"This requires more than just the webcam on your PC or laptop, but a special array with Intel currently providing the hardware with its RealSense set ups.With a RealSense camera, either built in or an external one like the Intel developer kit we have, you'll be able to set up Windows Hello to log you in to your computer without touching a button, verify your identity or even complete purchases in the Store."

GonzoBobH, Jul 29, 2015
  12. groze Win User
    How do you find out if you have a web cam that will work? I know I have an IR device.

groze, Jul 29, 2015
  13. Wynona Win User

Try for face recognition?

Wynona, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Say 'Hello' to Windows Hello on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - 'Hello' Hello

2. Hello, i've been playing valorant before without any problems. But suddenly in the middle...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello, i've been playing valorant before without any problems. But suddenly in the middle...: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000101 0x000000000000000a, 0x0000000000000000, 0xffffd501d2668180, 0x0000000000000002. A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: cf06e1ab-ad2e-4335-bd47-ad3c2404af16.Does anyone know how to fix...
  3. Hello, i've been playing valorant before without any problems. But suddenly in the middle...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hello, i've been playing valorant before without any problems. But suddenly in the middle...: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000101 0x000000000000000a, 0x0000000000000000, 0xffffd501d2668180, 0x0000000000000002. A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: cf06e1ab-ad2e-4335-bd47-ad3c2404af16.Does anyone know how to fix...
  4. Hello there, I have the problem with the caps lock notification. I tried every possible...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello there, I have the problem with the caps lock notification. I tried every possible...: I already tried doing a clean reboot, went to my system configuration, went to control panel but anything from there isn't working, and even just restarting my computer doesn't work....
  5. Hello there, I have the problem with the caps lock notification. I tried every possible...

Hello there, I have the problem with the caps lock notification. I tried every possible...: I already tried doing a clean reboot, went to my system configuration, went to control panel but anything from there isn't working, and even just restarting my computer doesn't work....
  6. Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello: My Windows Hello sign in options for both facial recognition and Fingerprint show as no longer being available. I have checked for updates and restarted, but I am not able to get it back running...
  7. Windows Hello

Windows Hello: My Windows Hello sign in options for both facial recognition and Fingerprint show as no longer being available. I have checked for updates and restarted, but I am not able to get it back running...
  8. hello guys, Im using my laptop before i go home but when i open it it turns out to be blue...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hello guys, Im using my laptop before i go home but when i open it it turns out to be blue...: Stop code: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREAWhat failed: vgk.sys https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-guys-im-using-my-laptop-before-i-go-home-but/755a8dcc-b770-4438-a68e-b48b055f517c
  9. hello guys, Im using my laptop before i go home but when i open it it turns out to be blue...

hello guys, Im using my laptop before i go home but when i open it it turns out to be blue...: Stop code: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREAWhat failed: vgk.sys https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-guys-im-using-my-laptop-before-i-go-home-but/755a8dcc-b770-4438-a68e-b48b055f517c
  10. I can not change my Windows Hello pin

I can not change my Windows Hello pin: Please Help me. I can not change my Pin number for my Windows Hello and I forgot my Pin number. They are not giving me the option to change my pin number....