Windows 10: Saying goodbye to Windows Hello

Discus and support Saying goodbye to Windows Hello in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; A new starter setup a laptop and configured a Windows Hello PIN when prompted. Unfortunately this means they can't map a network drive which they... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by MaxMark2020, Nov 30, 2020.

1. Saying goodbye to Windows Hello

A new starter setup a laptop and configured a Windows Hello PIN when prompted. Unfortunately this means they can't map a network drive which they really need to do. This looks to have been an issue for some time.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-access-nas-drive-when-logged-in-using/3587cf33-7ed9-403f-ac7c-d4158969412d

The recommended fix seems to be to:

Set HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\PassportForWork to 0

and delete C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC\

The registry change was simple enough but I can’t delete C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC\ using Powershell as Admin or CMD as Admin.

I'm having to support a non technical user remotely and don't want to have to try talking him through the process of making a bootable Linux USB and using that to do it.

:)

MaxMark2020, Nov 30, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Say 'Hello' to Windows Hello on Windows 10

Source: Say "Hello" to Windows Hello on Windows 10 | Blogging Windows

Brink, Nov 30, 2020
  3. Goodbye Vista, Hello Ubuntu

I quit... I give up, goodbye Windows forever!

Windows has crashed and lagged me for the last time. I'm using Ubuntu 7.04, and I couldn't be happier... well, I be happier is TES:4 Oblivion worked better in Wine 0.9.40.. but still.

ChaoticBlankness, Nov 30, 2020
  4. joyloli Win User

Saying goodbye to Windows Hello

Goodbye Ovi Suite, Hello PC Suite

totally agree

100% SUPPORT TO ""Goodbye Ovisuite, Hello to Pcsuite""

joyloli, Nov 30, 2020
Thema:

Saying goodbye to Windows Hello

1. Saying goodbye to Windows Hello - Similar Threads - Saying goodbye Hello

2. Goodbye Winblows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Goodbye Winblows: Anyone else leaving Windows forever for a better operating system? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/goodbye-winblows/0ce396e2-eb93-4de7-b6bb-cef0121be346
  3. Time to say goodbye to i5-2500K?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Time to say goodbye to i5-2500K?: I have an old Asrock Z68 Extreme 3 motherboard with 16g ram and i5-2500k processor, nvidia GTX 750 TI GPU. No overclocking. For several months now I think, my Windows 10 updates have been failing. Occasionally the GPU driver would crash and try to restart. When I tried...
  4. Goodbye Microsoft hello apple

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Goodbye Microsoft hello apple: I used to love Microsoft but my word I never seen anything this sloppy and disorganized. I mean you think 8 interface was sloppy and hard to find anything ten was far worse and talk about your invasion of privacy down to being almost illegal. Well done Microsoft i applaud...
  5. Windows hello is about to be windows goodbye

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows hello is about to be windows goodbye: for the last 3 weeks, windows has forced me to set a windows hello pin every time restart EVEN THOUGH I'm already using a microsoft account. I have disabled the windows hello service in the group policy and disabled it in settings (about 10 times) and nothing has worked, and...
  6. Say Goodbye to Windows Defender (getting renamed)

in Windows 10 News
    Say Goodbye to Windows Defender (getting renamed): I apologize for the rather "clickbaity" title; come Windows 10 20H1, Windows Defender will no longer be a thing in the Windows 10 operating system as Microsoft will rename the tool to Microsoft Defender. So, instead of using Windows Defender or disabling it, users and...
  7. Goodbye Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Goodbye Windows 10: Fed up with failed updates constantly trying to install and going into update loops. Wasting my time. Back to Windows 7. Maybe when MS gets their act together I'll go back but for now it's over. 26627
  8. Goodbye, Microsoft Lumia. Hello Surface mobile?

in Windows 10 News
    Goodbye, Microsoft Lumia. Hello Surface mobile?: For years, one of Microsoft's most important mantras was "high volume, low cost." The company grew a lot of its core businesses by undercutting its competitors' prices in order to build a larger customer base. When Microsoft announced its plan to buy Nokia's handset...
  9. Windows 10 will let you say goodbye to passwords forever

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 will let you say goodbye to passwords forever: Microsoft is adding support for the Fast Identity Online (Fido) standard to Windows 10 to enable password-free sign-on for a number of applications. PC users' reliance on weak passwords that are easily cracked (and yet somehow still easy to forget, leaving the IT...
  10. Goodbye, Metro, Modern and Universal; hello, Windows apps

in Windows 10 News
    Goodbye, Metro, Modern and Universal; hello, Windows apps: When Windows 8 entered beta and Microsoft showed off its new apps and design style, they called it Metro. But after some legal headaches, the company stopped referring to them as 'Metro' apps and went with 'Modern' apps instead. The Modern app name has slowly transitioned...