Windows 10: Saying the internet is disconnected but connected!

Discus and support Saying the internet is disconnected but connected! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hello For some time now, when I connect my laptop to Wi-Fi, it shows that there is no internet, but the sites open and everything works with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by aradsaffari, Feb 21, 2021.

1. Saying the internet is disconnected but connected!

Saying the internet is disconnected but connected! 07af1271-833e-4c08-b44d-1085f67441b2?upload=true.png
    Hello
    For some time now, when I connect my laptop to Wi-Fi, it shows that there is no internet, but the sites open and everything works with the internet, but the laptop says the internet is down.
    in this pic , the internet is connected but saying the internet is disconnected

:)

aradsaffari, Feb 21, 2021
  2. Kari Win User

Connect and Disconnect internet

I just need to click the network icon in notification area, select my WiFi network and click Connect / Disconnect:

Saying the internet is disconnected but connected! [​IMG]

Selecting Connect automatically I don't have to enter the network security key manually:

Saying the internet is disconnected but connected! [​IMG]

3. jhsurti Win User

No it's not cellular. I have an internet service provider and I have a modem and a wifi router installed. In Windows 8 there was no issue as I described. In Windows 10 it's not that simple to connect or disconnect to my broadband. There are NO ISSUES connecting or disconnecting, I can do that but the steps involved are too many compared to the simplistic 2 clicks affair in windows 8.

jhsurti, Feb 21, 2021
  4. jhsurti Win User

Saying the internet is disconnected but connected!

As I said before I don't have any connectivity problems at all! It is simply that I don't have the "connect" button on clicking the network icon is system tray. When I click on this icon, I get my service provider's name "YOU Broadband". No "connect" button. In Windows 8 there used to be a "connect" button with it and clicking it would connect immediately. In Windows 10, I have to click on the "YOU Broadband" option and it opens the Dial-up tab/PPPoE in Control panel and I find YOU Broadband listed there and then find the Connect button there and I have to click on that and connection is immediately made. No issue. So I don't think there is any adapter issue. To disconnect, I have to go through all these steps again!*Mad. It is frustrating. Why did Windows 10 have to make this complicated instead of simplifying it?

Or can someone suggest if I can make a shortcut with connect button which doesn't make me go through so many clicks?

jhsurti, Feb 21, 2021
Thema:

Saying the internet is disconnected but connected!

1. Saying the internet is disconnected but connected! - Similar Threads - Saying internet disconnected

2. My computer is connected to the internet, but the browser says it's disconnected?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer is connected to the internet, but the browser says it's disconnected?: My computer Windows 11 can successfully connect to the Internet where there are no issues detected in the troubleshooter, and where it says 'connected' in the network settings, however, whenever I try to search for something online, the web browser will just say DNS not...
  3. My computer is connected to the internet, but the browser says it's disconnected?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer is connected to the internet, but the browser says it's disconnected?: My computer Windows 11 can successfully connect to the Internet where there are no issues detected in the troubleshooter, and where it says 'connected' in the network settings, however, whenever I try to search for something online, the web browser will just say DNS not...
  4. Internet says connected but it's not connecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet says connected but it's not connecting: Internet is connected but when attempting to open a new web page it's not connecting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-says-connected-but-its-not-connecting/9a335977-32aa-4fb7-92a2-cb05acfc301c
  5. Internet says connected but it's not connecting

Internet says connected but it's not connecting: Internet is connected but when attempting to open a new web page it's not connecting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-says-connected-but-its-not-connecting/9a335977-32aa-4fb7-92a2-cb05acfc301c
  6. Internet says connected but it's not connecting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. My laptop says that the internet is disconnected but it is connected.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop says that the internet is disconnected but it is connected.: Hello, My laptop is on Windows 11. For some reason, it says that my internet is disconnected, but I have full access to the internet. But if I am trying to access some app on my laptop it shows up with messages that I am offline or that I don't have internet. Please help....
  8. My laptop says that the internet is disconnected but it is connected.

My laptop says that the internet is disconnected but it is connected.: Hello, My laptop is on Windows 11. For some reason, it says that my internet is disconnected, but I have full access to the internet. But if I am trying to access some app on my laptop it shows up with messages that I am offline or that I don't have internet. Please help....
  9. I have internet connection but my Connectivity IPv4/IPv6 says Disconnected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have internet connection but my Connectivity IPv4/IPv6 says Disconnected: Not sure what to do here... I am connected via ethernet, I have full internet access, I have a USB plug in that allows Bluetooth to a speaker, no issues there. I am on the same network as my cannon printer and I cannot get them to connect. Other computers also connected via...
  10. Connect and Disconnect internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connect and Disconnect internet: Hi I had been using Windows 8 till last week. It was very easy to connect or disconnect the internet in that OS. I simply clicked on the network icon in the system tray and the clicked on connect or disconnect and done. My username and password were stored so I didn't have...