Windows 10: Says I already own an app, but it will not install.

Discus and support Says I already own an app, but it will not install. in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I have previously uninstalled an app HP, but now need it back. At the store while clicking on the button 'GET', the app doesn't install but instead,... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by JillB4541, Jul 18, 2020.

1. JillB4541 Win User

Says I already own an app, but it will not install.

I have previously uninstalled an app HP, but now need it back.

At the store while clicking on the button 'GET', the app doesn't install but instead, it is written "Where do you want to install?"

Then a blank window opens up, says:

"It looks like you don’t have any applicable devices linked to your Microsoft account. To install, sign in on a device with your Microsoft account."

If I try again, instead of installing the app, it says you own this app and nothing happens.

How do I get from owning an app that is not installed to a point that I can install it again?

:)

JillB4541, Jul 18, 2020

2. Microsoft store says i already own the app

I installed instagram app a few months back. And i didn't get notification for updates, so i uninstalled the app from Settings.

There, i uninstalled the app. Later, i tried to re-install it from the Microsoft Store. It says, i already own the app and on its right there is the install button. I press it and it says downloading and in a few seconds, i get a notification saying that
    they're unable to install the app, and that they'll try again later.

I check the downloading bar from the Microsoft store and it says Error.

Can someone help me install instagram again?

And no, i checked whether instagram was there in the installed apps, but it isn't there.

Though it is there in the 'all owned' section. With a install button. It doesn't work.

RoozaAli Naseer, Jul 18, 2020
  3. Marketplace thinks app is installed, when it isn't (and so I cannot re-install)

Hi Beatriz, and thankyou for your response. Actually, it does not answer the problem, unfortunately.

I cannot follow the step you suggest ('uninstall the free trial') because the app (neither the free trial nor the paid app) does not appear on my application list.

If I search for the app on marketplace, it won't let me install it (free trial or paid app) because it says that it is already installed. But because it does not show up on my app list, I cannot uninstall it.

It looks like the only answer is a hard reset and restore to factory settings. This is not a good answer really!

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Jim

Jim Chapman - Turnipsoft, Jul 18, 2020
  4. SDRedfern Win User

Finding the apps I already own in the App Store

I had to rebuild my Windows 10 laptop and I can't seem to find a way to see which apps I already own in the App Store in order to reinstall them. Is there a way to see and install what I already own?

SDRedfern, Jul 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Says I already own an app, but it will not install. - Similar Threads - Says already own

2. Microsoft store says I already own the app HP smart but I don't.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store says I already own the app HP smart but I don't.: I owned HP smart before I reinstalled my Windows. After approximately a year I needed the app again. When I open the store and type in HP smart it says I already own the app. When I push the button to install, it does nothing. I tried the following advice I found in this...
  3. Microsoft store says I already own the app HP smart but I don't.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store says I already own the app HP smart but I don't.: I owned HP smart before I reinstalled my Windows. After approximately a year I needed the app again. When I open the store and type in HP smart it says I already own the app. When I push the button to install, it does nothing. I tried the following advice I found in this...
  4. Microsoft store says I already own the app HP smart but I don't.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. it says i already own this app

it says i already own this app: i was gonna download the xbox app on the microsoft store but it says i already own it when i go to click install it shows a circle with a red cross in it it does this for multible other games s well someone please help...
  6. Says I already own an app, but it will not install.

Says I already own an app, but it will not install.: I have followed multiple threads on this, restoring the Microsoft Store, even going to the extent of restoring Windows this evening. I am still having exactly the same issue. When I go into Microsoft Store and My Library I can see the App and it says Install which I click...
  7. Microsoft Store says I already own iCloud, but it is not installed on this laptop.

Microsoft Store says I already own iCloud, but it is not installed on this laptop.: I am on a Windows 10 Pro HP Pavilion x360 laptop. When I search iCloud in the store it says "Owned", but it is not installed on this machine. I have already reset the Microsoft Store app and signed out and back in. When I go to my Library in the MS, there is no Launch...
  8. I can't find an app i already own

I can't find an app i already own: Good day, i downloaded My Coursera app from Microsoft app store and the website says that i already own the app, yet i can't find it neither in my app list nor in my installed apps in the control panel. i have a Dell Venu 7 Pro with Windows 10. Thank you....
  9. Unable to install a Windows10 App I already own

Unable to install a Windows10 App I already own: I am trying to install the Microsoft MakeCode App on a new Windows 10 laptop. It fails to download and reports the error 0x800727f8f. Same thing happens with iTunes....
  10. Microsoft store says i already own the app

Microsoft store says i already own the app: I installed instagram app a few months back. And i didn't get notification for updates, so i uninstalled the app from Settings. There, i uninstalled the app. Later, i tried to re-install it from the Microsoft Store. It says, i already own the app and on its right there is...