Windows 10: Says I already own an app, but it will not install.

Discus and support Says I already own an app, but it will not install. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have followed multiple threads on this, restoring the Microsoft Store, even going to the extent of restoring Windows this evening. I am still having... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Paul Hickman, Feb 14, 2021.

1. Says I already own an app, but it will not install.

I have followed multiple threads on this, restoring the Microsoft Store, even going to the extent of restoring Windows this evening. I am still having exactly the same issue.

When I go into Microsoft Store and My Library I can see the App and it says Install which I click and the whole line then goes blank and it still doesn't install.

Please can you help?

:)

Paul Hickman, Feb 14, 2021

2. Trying to install some apps then it says to install, which I do, but it never says installed

Hello,

Thank you for writing to us.

From the description provided, I understand that you are unable to install multiple apps via Windows Store.

The issue might occur if the app is not being able to download itself via Store at the first place.

First, try to update the Windows Store apps and see if it helps to make any positive impact.

Please follow the below steps.

1. Open the Store app.

2. Click on the user icon, and click/tap on
    Downloads and updates.

3. Click on Check for updates.

4. If you have updates available for apps, then you can click on
    Update all, or click/tap on the download and install (down arrow) button to update individual apps.

If it still does not help, I suggest you to follow these steps to run the Windows inbuilt troubleshooter and then try again to download and install the apps.

• Write Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.
    • Click on Troubleshooting tab.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the Windows Update option from the list.
    • Click Next to run theTroubleshooter.

Kindly keep us posted on the status of the issue.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Feb 14, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Says I already own an app, but it will not install. :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Feb 14, 2021
  4. Says I already own an app, but it will not install.

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Feb 14, 2021
Thema:

Says I already own an app, but it will not install.

1. Says I already own an app, but it will not install. - Similar Threads - Says already own

2. Microsoft store says I already own the app HP smart but I don't.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store says I already own the app HP smart but I don't.: I owned HP smart before I reinstalled my Windows. After approximately a year I needed the app again. When I open the store and type in HP smart it says I already own the app. When I push the button to install, it does nothing. I tried the following advice I found in this...
  3. Microsoft store says I already own the app HP smart but I don't.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store says I already own the app HP smart but I don't.: I owned HP smart before I reinstalled my Windows. After approximately a year I needed the app again. When I open the store and type in HP smart it says I already own the app. When I push the button to install, it does nothing. I tried the following advice I found in this...
  4. Microsoft store says I already own the app HP smart but I don't.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. it says i already own this app

it says i already own this app: i was gonna download the xbox app on the microsoft store but it says i already own it when i go to click install it shows a circle with a red cross in it it does this for multible other games s well someone please help...
  6. Says I already own an app, but it will not install.

Says I already own an app, but it will not install.: I have previously uninstalled an app HP, but now need it back. At the store while clicking on the button 'GET', the app doesn't install but instead, it is written "Where do you want to install?" Then a blank window opens up, says: "It looks like you don’t have any...
  7. Microsoft Store says I already own iCloud, but it is not installed on this laptop.

Microsoft Store says I already own iCloud, but it is not installed on this laptop.: I am on a Windows 10 Pro HP Pavilion x360 laptop. When I search iCloud in the store it says "Owned", but it is not installed on this machine. I have already reset the Microsoft Store app and signed out and back in. When I go to my Library in the MS, there is no Launch...
  8. I can't find an app i already own

I can't find an app i already own: Good day, i downloaded My Coursera app from Microsoft app store and the website says that i already own the app, yet i can't find it neither in my app list nor in my installed apps in the control panel. i have a Dell Venu 7 Pro with Windows 10. Thank you....
  9. Unable to install a Windows10 App I already own

Unable to install a Windows10 App I already own: I am trying to install the Microsoft MakeCode App on a new Windows 10 laptop. It fails to download and reports the error 0x800727f8f. Same thing happens with iTunes....
  10. Microsoft store says i already own the app

Microsoft store says i already own the app: I installed instagram app a few months back. And i didn't get notification for updates, so i uninstalled the app from Settings. There, i uninstalled the app. Later, i tried to re-install it from the Microsoft Store. It says, i already own the app and on its right there is...