Windows 10: Says Internet Connected; But it isn't.

Discus and support Says Internet Connected; But it isn't. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm on a Windows 10 laptop. My network status says I'm connected to the internet. Connected and secured.However, I cannot access anything requiring the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by IH8Windows10, Jun 2, 2021.

1. Says Internet Connected; But it isn't.

I'm on a Windows 10 laptop. My network status says I'm connected to the internet. Connected and secured.However, I cannot access anything requiring the internet. Steam won't log in. Opera displays ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED.I have no proxy, no VPN, no additional firewalls. Windows Diagnostics detects no issues. Opera, Steam, GOG, etc all are permitted and not blocked by a firewall or Windows Defender.I've turned off Microsoft Defender Firewall. Reset Winsock. Reset the TCP/IP.When I try to flush the DNS, command prompt states "No operation can be performed on Ethernet while it has its media disconn

:)

IH8Windows10, Jun 2, 2021

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Jun 2, 2021
  3. Jakub578 Win User
    Cortana isn´t working

When I hit enter, it did something, but there´s still no Cortana, even after restart. So I tried it again, but now it says that it failed, because it´s already installed and it´s working in PC. So it should work, but Cortana still isn´t here.

Jakub578, Jun 2, 2021
  4. temp02 Win User

Says Internet Connected; But it isn't.

why isn't my internet connection being detected

What do you mean by not detected, that you are not able to get an Internet connection or that that connection icon doesn't show up but you can still access the Internet? Also, what OS are you using? (XP SP3)

Maybe Windows enabled the firewall for the LAN device (sometimes the firewall causes more problems than it solves), and if you are using a router (with NAT) you can safely turn off Windows firewall for that device only, you can do this by performing the following changes:
    • Leave Windows Firewall turned On

Says Internet Connected; But it isn't. kb251e.jpg
    • And now Disable it for the LAN only (un-checked box):

Says Internet Connected; But it isn't. jtqovk.jpg
    Other solution might be related to DHCP, and that depends if you had a static IP addresses on your computer or the router assigned you an IP address via DHCP. You might wanna check out this related thread

temp02, Jun 2, 2021
Thema:

Says Internet Connected; But it isn't.

1. Says Internet Connected; But it isn't. - Similar Threads - Says Internet Connected

2. Bluetooth says connected but isn't

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth says connected but isn't: so i was trying to connect my headphones to my windows 11 computer but its says connect but it does not show up on my sound setting or let me choose its at all and i have try reset but that has not worked if you can would like some help thx you...
  3. Bluetooth says connected but isn't

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth says connected but isn't: so i was trying to connect my headphones to my windows 11 computer but its says connect but it does not show up on my sound setting or let me choose its at all and i have try reset but that has not worked if you can would like some help thx you...
  4. Internet connection says No internet secured

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet connection says No internet secured: I use my mobile to connect the internet to my laptop which has had no problems for years, now for some reason it says that No internet secured but I can go on the internet and use it fine, then a message appears asking me to open browser and sign in which has already been...
  5. Internet says connected but it's not connecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet says connected but it's not connecting: Internet is connected but when attempting to open a new web page it's not connecting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-says-connected-but-its-not-connecting/9a335977-32aa-4fb7-92a2-cb05acfc301c
  6. Internet says connected but it's not connecting

Internet says connected but it's not connecting: Internet is connected but when attempting to open a new web page it's not connecting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-says-connected-but-its-not-connecting/9a335977-32aa-4fb7-92a2-cb05acfc301c
  7. Internet says connected but it's not connecting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Windows connected with internet but saying no internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows connected with internet but saying no internet: Adam good https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-connected-with-internet-but-saying-no/9224e082-664a-47e0-88c2-0508a6562e59
  9. Windows connected with internet but saying no internet

Windows connected with internet but saying no internet: Adam good https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-connected-with-internet-but-saying-no/9224e082-664a-47e0-88c2-0508a6562e59
  10. Ethernet says it is connected but internet isn't working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet says it is connected but internet isn't working: I've been trying to work through this issue for about a week now. My ethernet is shows it is connected, but is unable to open any web pages or actually show a connection. I have tried: Running Network Diagnostics (multiple/differing errors every time, and sometimes no...