Windows 10: Says My Account Does Not Exist - Please Help!

Discus and support Says My Account Does Not Exist - Please Help! in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I am a student and I tried to log into my Microsoft Word Account through my College which I’ve had for years, and it says my account does not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Amia777, Apr 4, 2022.

1. Amia777 Win User

Says My Account Does Not Exist - Please Help!

Hello, I am a student and I tried to log into my Microsoft Word Account through my College which I’ve had for years, and it says my account does not exist?? Where did it go and how can I recover it? It’s very hard to find support on this page. Because it says my account does not exist I cannot even “recover an account”. What should I do? Pictures attached. Thank you for your help.

:)

Amia777, Apr 4, 2022
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Says My Account Does Not Exist - Please Help! :(

Zakin, Apr 4, 2022
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Apr 4, 2022
  4. Says My Account Does Not Exist - Please Help!

Switch Back to Existing Local Account from Microsoft Account

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest that you follow the steps below and check if you can log into your computer using the Local Account.

• On the Search Bar type “User Account”.
      • On the right menu pane locate and click “Make changes to my account in this PC”.
      • Then locate and click on “Sign in With a Local Account instead”.
      • And follow on screen instructions.
    Hope this information is helpful.

Vanessa Sohtun, Apr 4, 2022
Thema:

Says My Account Does Not Exist - Please Help!

1. Says My Account Does Not Exist - Please Help! - Similar Threads - Says Account Does

2. While trying to log in to my account, it says this account does not exist

in Windows 10 Gaming
    While trying to log in to my account, it says this account does not exist: Hello!I can't log in to my microsoft account, although it's the same account I use for PC sign in, microsoft store and my minecraft account. But suddenly for no reason when I try to log in to my account it says that this account doesn't exist. I've never had issues like this...
  3. While trying to log in to my account, it says this account does not exist

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    While trying to log in to my account, it says this account does not exist: Hello!I can't log in to my microsoft account, although it's the same account I use for PC sign in, microsoft store and my minecraft account. But suddenly for no reason when I try to log in to my account it says that this account doesn't exist. I've never had issues like this...
  4. While trying to log in to my account, it says this account does not exist

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Why does Microsoft say my account doesn't exist?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Microsoft say my account doesn't exist?: To clarify before we begin, I am able to log into my Microsoft account on my browser Opera GX. That's how I can write this question. However on other services such as Microsoft Settings I can't log in. I believe it is to do with my Gmail. Which I have two. I will name these...
  6. Why does Microsoft say my account doesn't exist?

Why does Microsoft say my account doesn't exist?: To clarify before we begin, I am able to log into my Microsoft account on my browser Opera GX. That's how I can write this question. However on other services such as Microsoft Settings I can't log in. I believe it is to do with my Gmail. Which I have two. I will name these...
  7. Sign in says Microsoft account does not exist when it does

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign in says Microsoft account does not exist when it does: Trying to sign in to Microsoft Store. It says that my Microsoft account does not exist. It 100% definitely does. In fact I'm signed into it now as I write this. To double check I just opened a browser and logged in to my account where I can see my applications and...
  8. Sign in says Microsoft account does not exist when it does

Sign in says Microsoft account does not exist when it does: Trying to sign in to Microsoft Store. It says that my Microsoft account does not exist. It 100% definitely does. In fact I'm signed into it now as I write this. To double check I just opened a browser and logged in to my account where I can see my applications and...
  9. Says My Account Does Not Exist - Please Help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Says My Account Does Not Exist - Please Help!: Hello, I am a student and I tried to log into my Microsoft Word Account through my College which I’ve had for years, and it says my account does not exist?? Where did it go and how can I recover it? It’s very hard to find support on this page. Because it says my account does...
  10. Windows 10 says Microsoft Account doesn't Exist that does exist

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 says Microsoft Account doesn't Exist that does exist: Windows 10 will not let me add a user with this Microsoft account that I am using to ask this question. It says this account doesn't exist. It is tied to an organization and my phone number which it also says is not tied to a microsoft account when I try the number as well....