Windows 10: Says "Preparing Automatic Repair" then promptly boots into a black screen without a cursor.

Discus and support Says "Preparing Automatic Repair" then promptly boots into a black screen without a cursor. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Does what the title says. Happened after I turned my PC off one night. I've swapped back and forth graphics cards, so it isn't a GPU problem.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Märty, Sep 22, 2018.

1. Märty Win User

Says "Preparing Automatic Repair" then promptly boots into a black screen without a cursor.

Does what the title says.

Happened after I turned my PC off one night.

I've swapped back and forth graphics cards, so it isn't a GPU problem.

Nothing was downloading when I turned it off.

:)

Märty, Sep 22, 2018
  2. abapsmoke Win User

Black screen after ‘preparing automatic repair.’

Thank you very much for the reply. Unfortunately, I don’t know if it’s my doing something wrong, but I’ll do the steps to boot up the ASO menu and it won’t appear. I’ll reboot three times and leave it to load at the third, but it will do the same as before except for one thing- load for a while, then seemingly reboot on its own quickly (which it didn’t do before the ASO reboots), before going directly into ‘preparing automatic repair’ followed by the black screen shortly after. Same as before, leaving the black screen alone won’t do anything.

abapsmoke, Sep 22, 2018
  3. Preparing automatic repair loop followed by black screen

Hi Aaron,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with "preparing automatic repair" loop followed by
    black screen error. We will certainly help you.

We have been seeing black screen issues of several types after upgrading to Windows 10. The main causes observed so far are driver issues, output to unexpected port, and possibly also issues with the Lock Screen app.

Method 1: We suggest you to kindly follow the link below and try the steps and check if it helps:

Troubleshoot black screen problems

Method 2: To Troubleshoot no boot situation, follow the below steps:

Step 1:

I would suggest you to download an ISO image of Windows 10 and try to create installation media using the Media Creation tool.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Once the bootable media is created, follow next step:

Step 2: Perform Start up Repair.

Follow the steps mentioned below to perform Start up Repair:

a. Insert the installation DVD or
    USB
    and boot Windows 10 from it.

b. Select “Troubleshooting” from the first Window and then select “Advance Options”.

c. Then select “Start up Repair” from “Advanced options” window.

This will help you to boot into your Operating system again.

Let us know the result. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Sep 22, 2018
  4. M-Wing Win User

Says "Preparing Automatic Repair" then promptly boots into a black screen without a cursor.

Preparing automatic repair, then it goes black

Hi, thanks for the help. But unfortunately I am unable to do the steps given as my laptop never reaches the sign-in page meaning I can't access the desktop. When I turn it on it says 'preparing automatic repair' then goes black, and doesn't change.

M-Wing, Sep 22, 2018
Thema:

1. Says "Preparing Automatic Repair" then promptly boots into a black screen without a cursor. - Similar Threads - Says Preparing Automatic

2. after preparing automatic repair screen goes black with cursor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    after preparing automatic repair screen goes black with cursor: hii when i turn on my laptop it goes on infinite loading so i forcefully turned off 2 times to get automatic repair but after performing preparing automatic repair the screen goes black with moving cursor and it did even open task manger clt +alt+del even after doing 3 or 4...
  3. after preparing automatic repair screen goes black with cursor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    after preparing automatic repair screen goes black with cursor: hii when i turn on my laptop it goes on infinite loading so i forcefully turned off 2 times to get automatic repair but after performing preparing automatic repair the screen goes black with moving cursor and it did even open task manger clt +alt+del even after doing 3 or 4...
  4. after preparing automatic repair screen goes black with cursor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Preparing Automatic Repair to black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Preparing Automatic Repair to black screen: My laptop was working fine last night, but today when I turned it on, the boot screen appeared like it normally does, but rather than transitioning to the login screen, it returned to another boot screen with the message, “Preparing Automatic Repair”. After a few seconds, the...
  6. Preparing Automatic Repair to black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Preparing Automatic Repair to black screen: My laptop was working fine last night, but today when I turned it on, the boot screen appeared like it normally does, but rather than transitioning to the login screen, it returned to another boot screen with the message, “Preparing Automatic Repair”. After a few seconds, the...
  7. Preparing Automatic Repair to black screen

8. Black screen with cursor after "Preparing automatic repair"

Black screen with cursor after "Preparing automatic repair": Hello around 2 days ago, I shut off my computer and the next day I booted it up to seeing the windows logo and the white circle spinning infinitely and never ending, after that I rebooted my computer 3 times using the power button trying to get into the repair environment BUT...
  9. Preparing automatic repair followed by Black screen with cursor.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Preparing automatic repair followed by Black screen with cursor.: When I turned on my pc it showed preparing automatic repair. After a short while it took me to a black screen with a cursor. I couldnt do anything and I was pretty worried so I tried searching up ways to fix the problem. However so far all of them havent worked for me. I...
  10. preparing automatic repair then shows only black screen and the cursor.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    preparing automatic repair then shows only black screen and the cursor.: Keyboard doesnt work. I can only move the cursor. submitted by /u/FUCKINGHISSRICH [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fnze3m/preparing_automatic_repair_then_shows_only_black/