Windows 10: Says Sound is working, but i can't hear anything

Discus and support Says Sound is working, but i can't hear anything in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This is Toshiba Windows 10 Laptop, During the morning after a failed update, i went to see some videos and i couldn't hear anything. I checked if my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Pedro Fontes, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Says Sound is working, but i can't hear anything

This is Toshiba Windows 10 Laptop, During the morning after a failed update, i went to see some videos and i couldn't hear anything.

I checked if my sound was on, it was on and on the max. It says it's broadcasting sound, but i can't hear anything.

I tried Unistalling the sound drive and reinstalling it, update it, still not fix.

Tried Trobleshooting, no fix.

Tried to change to another playback sound, no fix.

Tried to listen it by headphones, no fix.

But did notice everytime i change the volume of the Sound, it makes weird noises, but not the normal noises.

:)

Pedro Fontes, Apr 8, 2019
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Says Sound is working, but i can't hear anything :p

cadaveca, Apr 8, 2019
  3. sound

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description I understand that you are unable to hear the email notification sound.

I suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps:

• Go to Control Panel Items

• Click on Sound.

• Click on Sounds Tab.

• Click on Desktop Mail Notification.

• Click TEST.

• Click OK.
    And check if you are able to hear the email notification sound.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Apr 8, 2019
  4. Says Sound is working, but i can't hear anything

Unable to hear sound

Hi Arif,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please reply to the following question to better understand your issue:

1. Is your issue confined to a single application or for all?

Method 1: Run the troubleshooter.

Please follow the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” on the Windows Search bar and hit enter.

• On the left side of the Troubleshooting window, click on “View all”

• Click on Windows Store App. Please provide a password if asked for it and click ok.
    Method 2: I would suggest you do the following steps and see if it helps:

Update Sound, video and game controller drives from Device Manager.

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click Enter.

• Expand the Sound, video and game controller drives.

• Double-click on the drive.

• In Properties, go to Drivers Tab and click on Update.
    Method 3: If this does not work you might have to Uninstall and then reinstall your drivers in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps to uninstall and reinstall the driver.

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click Enter.

• Expand the Sound, video and game controller drives.

• Double-click on the drive.

• In Properties, go to Drivers Tab and click on Uninstall.

• Reinstall your audio driver from Manufacturer's Website in Compatibility mode.

• Restart your system
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Apr 8, 2019
Thema:

Says Sound is working, but i can't hear anything

1. Says Sound is working, but i can't hear anything - Similar Threads - Says Sound working

2. Can't hear anything!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't hear anything!: I can't hear anything on my PC! I tried checking the cables, they are all fine. The volume is okay and I even try my earplugs, also didn't work.I think something might be wrong with my PC, not with my speakers. Youtube, Dailymon, all sites are affected....
  3. Can't hear anything!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't hear anything!: I can't hear anything on my PC! I tried checking the cables, they are all fine. The volume is okay and I even try my earplugs, also didn't work.I think something might be wrong with my PC, not with my speakers. Youtube, Dailymon, all sites are affected....
  4. Can't hear anything!

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Sound shown output on headphones in sound panel but I can't hear anything

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound shown output on headphones in sound panel but I can't hear anything: Hey. When I logged on to my laptop my sound was not working. It shows it as functional and it worked on another device. Any help? I've done everything. Uninstalled the drivers, Updated everything, Restarted, and so much more....
  6. Headphones detecting sound but I cant hear anything

Headphones detecting sound but I cant hear anything: Hello, I recently bought a HyperX Cloud Stinger headphone that uses a 3.5mm headphone jack I used to use an MSI DS502 which uses USB and it worked perfectly fine, however, the HyperX Cloud Stinger won't work. The headphone is detected and sound is detected but I cannot hear...
  7. I can't hear anything on my computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can't hear anything on my computer: About 2 days ago, I was playing music and then I accidentally unplugged the computer, and now I can't hear anything on the computer. Please let me know if you know the solution....
  8. I can't hear anything on windows 10.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't hear anything on windows 10.: Hey idiots of the internet. I need your help. I'm using earbuds, for some reason, it stop working! Wow! Isn't it great! Just wonderful! But I'm serious I can't hear anything anymore, if you have any question to help me, do so, just please help me, I'm begging for mercy to...
  9. I can't hear sound.

I can't hear sound.: [ATTACH] For some reason out of nowhere my headset got muted and I don't have sound with my headset. I tried other headphones, but when I plug them in they are muted too. Please help....
  10. My Audio isnt working it says no speakers or headphones plugged in and I can't hear anything

My Audio isnt working it says no speakers or headphones plugged in and I can't hear anything: Tite above https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-audio-isnt-working-it-says-no-speakers-or/8c4967aa-d092-4bd7-a255-e1f674a35212

Users found this page by searching for:

1. jabra headphones cant hear

2. why cant I hear via Jabra?

3. unable to hear music but can hear rthe ding on windows 10

4. have connected bluetooth headphones but cant hear anything,
  5. sound is on but cant hear anything,
  6. windows sound working but cant hear it