Windows 10: SB2 13" i7 refuses to hibernate after sleep even after reset

Discus and support SB2 13" i7 refuses to hibernate after sleep even after reset in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This is a wierd one, any help much appreciated. Recently my surfacebook 2 just stopped hibernating automatically after sleep. I have it set to sleep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by scoob101, May 19, 2019.

1. scoob101 Win User

SB2 13" i7 refuses to hibernate after sleep even after reset

This is a wierd one, any help much appreciated.

Recently my surfacebook 2 just stopped hibernating automatically after sleep. I have it set to sleep for 4 hours and then hibernate.

I`ve tried changing the hibernate settings in advanced power options, but nothing has an effect - the machine simply stays asleep until the battery drains, and hibernate never kicks in.

Hibernate still works perfectly if triggered manually.

I thought a reset/refresh would sort this out, but the issue is persistent even after resetting.

Any ideas???

:)

scoob101, May 19, 2019
  2. Louie Del Win User

Sleep,hibernate, and shutdown

Hi,

Usually, Sleep and Hibernate features are used to save power when using a computer. However, hibernate may not be available for all PCs as it was designed for laptops. Regarding your concern, since you’re trying to turn
    off or disable these features, you may follow the step below:

• To turn off Sleep:

Go to Settings > System > Power & sleep. Then, select
      Never from the drop-down list under the Sleep section.

SB2 13" i7 refuses to hibernate after sleep even after reset 584c0e8c-80cf-4e84-a18c-23b41220f8da?upload=true.png

• To disable Hibernate:
    • Type Command Prompt in the Search box from
      Start
    • Right-click on it, then select Run as administrator.
    • In the Command Prompt window, type powercfg.exe /hibernate off and press
      Enter. Close the window.

We’re just here if you need further help.

Louie Del, May 19, 2019
  3. Yo_Wattup Win User
    sleep or hibernate

I think you have sleep and hibernate confused... sleep just puts the computer in a low power state, making resuming the session faster... hibernate shuts down the whole computer and basically just saves whats in RAM to the hdd and loads it on next startup. IIRC...

Yo_Wattup, May 19, 2019
  4. SB2 13" i7 refuses to hibernate after sleep even after reset

Hibernation and Sleep not working on my WIndows 10 PC after latest update

Hello,

There are many possible reasons for this hibernation and sleep not working issue. The most common causes are
    corrupted Power settings or outdated display drivers. In order for us to efficiently assist you with your concern regarding the issue of waking up from sleep/hibernation, we just have a few questions for you:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer prior to the issue?
    • Did you get any error messages upon waking up your computer from hibernation/sleep?
    • Have you also tried performing the power troubleshooter?
    If you still haven't, we suggest trying the steps below:

• Press Windows key + W and type Troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting and click on System and Security.
    • Click on Power and follow the onscreen steps.

Delete the current power plan and create it again.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Michelle Vil, May 19, 2019
Thema:

SB2 13" i7 refuses to hibernate after sleep even after reset

1. SB2 13" i7 refuses to hibernate after sleep even after reset - Similar Threads - SB2 refuses hibernate

2. Bluescreen after sleep and hibernate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluescreen after sleep and hibernate: I have the same problem as this in the form: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluescreen-after-waking-up-from-hibernatesleep/842fe617-17a5-4336-8708-8ca4c6c2ce7fThe solution didn't work on my laptop. I tried every common solutions like sfc scan, updating...
  3. Bluescreen after sleep and hibernate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluescreen after sleep and hibernate: I have the same problem as this in the form: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluescreen-after-waking-up-from-hibernatesleep/842fe617-17a5-4336-8708-8ca4c6c2ce7fThe solution didn't work on my laptop. I tried every common solutions like sfc scan, updating...
  4. Random restarts after sleep or hibernate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random restarts after sleep or hibernate: Hi I've been having an issue on Windows 10 whereby my laptop randomly restarts after either sleep or hibernate mode. There don't seem to be any hardware issues detected. Additionally the event log displays the following errorThe computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The...
  5. Random restarts after sleep or hibernate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random restarts after sleep or hibernate: Hi I've been having an issue on Windows 10 whereby my laptop randomly restarts after either sleep or hibernate mode. There don't seem to be any hardware issues detected. Additionally the event log displays the following errorThe computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The...
  6. Death Screen following hibernation & sleep, still there even after resetting windows.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Death Screen following hibernation & sleep, still there even after resetting windows.: Please Help, This death screen below is a pain in the neck. It always appears 5-10 seconds after wakeup from sleep or hibernation. Before this screen appears, my network icon in the taskbar usually shows no connection nor Wi-Fi is available, as if the problem was there....
  7. picture preview refuses to work even after a reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    picture preview refuses to work even after a reset: picture preview shows no preview in file explorer, file explorer crashes when i hover over "open with", when i go to apps and features it crashes and sometime my taskbar even glithes out. i tried running the sfc command and it came back with nothing and i had norton search...
  8. Sound disappearing after hibernation or sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sound disappearing after hibernation or sleep: My new PC won't play sound after hibernation or sleep, so I have to completely restart to make it work again. I didn't have the same issue with my previous PC. Is there a setting I can change to make it work?...
  9. HP Laptop Hibernates after sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    HP Laptop Hibernates after sleep: I have set my HP 250 G7 to sleep after 30 minutes when plugged in but after a couple of hours it switches to hibernate. I am not sure when this started happening eg after a BIOS update or Windows update to 1909 but it never used to do this it would remain in sleep mode and I...
  10. Won't Hibernation after Sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Won't Hibernation after Sleep: My laptop will wake up in 30minutes after sleep, which is supposed to go into hibernation, instead, it just stay awake. My power setting is: sleep after - 15min hybrid sleep - off hibernation after - 30min wakeup timer - off Also, when I see event, there is this:...