Windows 10: sc.exe create service with arguments ...

Discus and support sc.exe create service with arguments ... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I am trying to create a service for an application (exe). To start exe , I have to pass args as followed - Testapp.exe -conf "app.xml"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Limaye, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Limaye Win User

sc.exe create service with arguments ...

Hello,

I am trying to create a service for an application (exe). To start exe , I have to pass args as followed -

Testapp.exe -conf "app.xml"

Now, I want to create a service for this application , so that after machine restart , application will run by reading

configuration (app.xml).

I tried followed -

case 1) sc.exe create "Testapp" type= own start= auto binPath= "C:\myapp\Testapp.exe -conf C:\myapp\app.xml"

It didn't work.

case 2) sc.exe create "Testapp" type= own start= auto binPath= " \"C:\myapp\Testapp.exe\" -conf C:\myapp\app.xml"

service is created but service doesn't start. Giving error as it not up in timely manner.

So, i want to know how to create service with passing agruments as well.

There are various pages says , you can pass the arguments as optionname etc. But there is no proper example about how

to pass such arguments.

:)

Limaye, Jun 19, 2019

2. Create a service to launch EXE or script

Via Microsoft - How To Create a User-Defined Service

Steven M. Vascellaro, Jun 19, 2019
  3. fway Win User
    Create Service SC.EXE

sc.exe create service with arguments ... [​IMG]

This is error i get when use this metod.

my program is Teamspeak.exe i call TS1

in english say: the services did not respond to the start or control request in timely fashion

4. sc.exe create service with arguments ...

Security Center Service won't start

Hi,

The Security Center service is dependent on other services for it to be able to start properly. You can follow these steps to start the dependent services in the correct order:

• Click Start, type cmd, right-click on
      Command Prompt
      and select Run as Administrator.
    • At the command prompt, run the following commands in the listed order:
      • Type sc start DCOMLaunch and press Enter.
      • Type sc start RpcSs and press Enter.
      • Type sc config Winmgmt start= auto and press Enter.
      • Type sc start Winmgmt and press Enter.
      • Type sc config Wscsvc start= auto and press Enter.
      • Type sc start wscsvc and press Enter.
    • Close the command prompt window and try to start the Security Center
      service again.

Let us know if the solution above works or if you have any other concerns.

Kristoffer Abs, Jun 19, 2019
Thema:

sc.exe create service with arguments ...

1. sc.exe create service with arguments ... - Similar Threads - exe create service

2. [SC] StartService: Failure 1056: A copy of this service is already running.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [SC] StartService: Failure 1056: A copy of this service is already running.: After upgrading my Windows 10 to 11, whenever I boot up my laptop, approximately 1 minute later, three cmd windows briefly pop up with this message. I was only able to catch them after recording the screen. I spent the whole day with Microsoft support, only for the...
  3. [SC] StartService: Failure 1056: A copy of this service is already running.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    [SC] StartService: Failure 1056: A copy of this service is already running.: After upgrading my Windows 10 to 11, whenever I boot up my laptop, approximately 1 minute later, three cmd windows briefly pop up with this message. I was only able to catch them after recording the screen. I spent the whole day with Microsoft support, only for the...
  4. DCOM got error "87" attempting to start the service GamingServices with arguments...

DCOM got error "87" attempting to start the service GamingServices with arguments...: This is an error message from the Event Viewer.Log Name: SystemSource: DistributedCOMEvent ID: 1005Level: ErrorNothing visual happened as far as I remember. I am using an Acer Nitro 5.dGPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 1650 VRAM: 15.9 GBiGPU: Intel UHD Graphics VRAM: 11.9 GBCPU: Intel...
  5. How to disable windows services exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable windows services exe: so when i start up my pc its boot really long like under 5 min and when i enter the password i see command title windows update services so how i disable it cause i see on startup taskmanager the apps its not there and setting too...
  6. Regarding Commandline Arguments

in Windows 10 Customization
    Regarding Commandline Arguments: I have a small Question i want to ask that what does "-s" Stand for I have some curosity but i cant find it on google.Thanks in advance.Image is just for refference...
  7. How to add .exe parameter / argument to an 'Open With' Registry entry?

How to add .exe parameter / argument to an 'Open With' Registry entry?: I have a Windows application that I need to run with an argument (i.e. switch / parameter) after its executable name. How can I run such an application from the Open With menu complete with it's argument? For example: run app.exe /parameters instead of just app.exe I've...
  8. How to add .exe parameter / argument to an 'Open With' Registry entry?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to add .exe parameter / argument to an 'Open With' Registry entry?: I have a Windows application that I need to run with an argument (i.e. switch / parameter) after its executable name. How can I run such an application from the Open With menu complete with it's argument? For example: run app.exe /parameters instead of just app.exe I've...
  9. Create .exe file at editor?

Create .exe file at editor?: Hello, dear people, i may make an exe file at editor in windows 10 but i don't know the code, can you help me? Love regards Jamie .exe datei bei editor erstellen?
  10. Invalid Argument

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Invalid Argument: HI guys Ive got an issue with KODI and windows 10. Everything was A ok until a couple weeks ago when i started getting Invalid Argument VIA smb and a shared folder. Basically, everytime i try to access the shared folder i get the error from any device. So far ive...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sc.exe example args

2. srvany resource kit

3. microsft sc create arguments

4. sc create with arguments,
  5. sc create service with arguments