Windows 10: Scale and Layout setting?

Discus and support Scale and Layout setting? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a 14 inch laptop and I was wondering what would be the best Scaling and Layout? Should I leave it at the recommended level of 150% or 125%? I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by win10freak, May 18, 2020.

1. Scale and Layout setting?

I have a 14 inch laptop and I was wondering what would be the best Scaling and Layout? Should I leave it at the recommended level of 150% or 125%?

I tried the 125% setting, and looks more professional, the layout of apps and windows are a bit smaller, but seems appropriate.

Would it be an issue if I change it from the recommended (150%) to 125%?

:)

win10freak, May 18, 2020
  2. Rey Bel1 Win User

Scale & Layout

Hi,

Your question does not contain all the required information needed for us to help you. For us to better assist you, we'd like to ask the following information:

• Which Windows version and build are you using? Type winver in the search bar and press
      Enter to find out.
    • Are you having issues changing with the scale and layout setting or you intend to change it?
    • Are getting any error messages?

Meanwhile, most of the advanced display settings from previous versions of Windows are now available on the Display settings page.

• Select Start and select Settings >System>Display.
    • If you want to change the size of your text and apps, use the dropdown menu under
      Scale and layout. In Windows 10, you can no longer change the text size of a specific item.
    • To change your screen resolution, use the drop down menu under Resolution.
    • To adjust your color calibration, search "calibrate display color" in the search box of Settings and follow the directions.
    • If you don't see a setting you're looking for, try searching for it in the search box on the taskbar.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rey Bel1, May 18, 2020
  3. KimiTara Win User
    Scale & Layout

Scale and Layout is gray. I canot use it...what can I do?

KimiTara, May 18, 2020
  4. Scale and Layout setting?

Disable display scaling on high DPI settings. globe switch

Hi Lasse,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and your effort towards resolving it.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to customize the display scaling and check if it helps.

• Right click on the open area on the Desktop.
    • Select the Graphics properties.
    • Click on Display option.
    • Click on the General settings from the left pane.
    • Under the Scaling click on the Customize
      Aspect Ratio
      and try to customize.
    • Click on Apply.
    • If you want to reset the display scaling settings then follow till the above 4th step.
    • Then under the Scaling click on the Maintain Display Scaling.
    • Click on Apply.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, May 18, 2020
Thema:

Scale and Layout setting?

1. Scale and Layout setting? - Similar Threads - Scale Layout setting

2. WIN 10. Scale and Layout settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIN 10. Scale and Layout settings: Display Scale is set at 125%, but websites and apps are at 150% or higher. I changes settings and even as a test lowered scale to 100% and websites and apps remained at 150% or higher.Please help.ThanksMark...
  3. WIN 10. Scale and Layout settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIN 10. Scale and Layout settings: Display Scale is set at 125%, but websites and apps are at 150% or higher. I changes settings and even as a test lowered scale to 100% and websites and apps remained at 150% or higher.Please help.ThanksMark...
  4. WIN 10. Scale and Layout settings

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Display Scale and Layout is Greyed Out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display Scale and Layout is Greyed Out: I have just got a new laptop and am configuring my 2 additional monitors. The scale and layout settings are greyed out as shown below, not allowing me to adjust the resolution of monitor #3. I have reinstalled the graphics driver, checked for windows updates and restarted. If...
  6. Display Scale and Layout is Greyed Out

Display Scale and Layout is Greyed Out: I have just got a new laptop and am configuring my 2 additional monitors. The scale and layout settings are greyed out as shown below, not allowing me to adjust the resolution of monitor #3. I have reinstalled the graphics driver, checked for windows updates and restarted. If...
  7. Scale and layout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scale and layout: Hello. I had a major problem in Windows 11. Unfortunately, I changed the scale part manually and the whole program size was messed up, then I returned the number size to normal and default, but it has not been fixed yet. By setting it to 125%, which is a normal number, the...
  8. Scale and layout

Scale and layout: Hello. I had a major problem in Windows 11. Unfortunately, I changed the scale part manually and the whole program size was messed up, then I returned the number size to normal and default, but it has not been fixed yet. By setting it to 125%, which is a normal number, the...
  9. Change screen scale and layout

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Change screen scale and layout: Hello, I bought a new 4K 55' monitor (tv) and I think it would be OK with a setting scale/layout below 100%, at least I would like to try. I read somewhere I don't remember that there is a way to do this changing something in the registry. Do someone have more information...
  10. Random scaling and layout increase

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random scaling and layout increase: So just abit ago i was playing a game and noticed fps drops that havent happened before alongside some stutters. After the game was finished i restarted the laptop to see if that would help. After restarting everything was zoomed in alot and i had no idea what was going on. I...