Windows 10: Scale screens in the "Display" menu?

Discus and support Scale screens in the "Display" menu? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I bought a new monitor (3820x2160) and my old one has a resolution of 1920x1080, as you can see on the picture the 2 is unfortunately much too... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Shyqu, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Shyqu Win User

Scale screens in the "Display" menu?

Hello, I bought a new monitor (3820x2160) and my old one has a resolution of 1920x1080, as you can see on the picture the 2 is unfortunately much too small and then does not correspond to reality. Is it possible to scale the second or the first one differently?

Scale screens in the "Display" menu? 0_big.png

LG ~ Shyqu

:)

Shyqu, Jul 10, 2020

2. Disable display scaling on high DPI settings. globe switch

Hi Lasse,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and your effort towards resolving it.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to customize the display scaling and check if it helps.

• Right click on the open area on the Desktop.
    • Select the Graphics properties.
    • Click on Display option.
    • Click on the General settings from the left pane.
    • Under the Scaling click on the Customize
      Aspect Ratio
      and try to customize.
    • Click on Apply.
    • If you want to reset the display scaling settings then follow till the above 4th step.
    • Then under the Scaling click on the Maintain Display Scaling.
    • Click on Apply.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Jul 10, 2020
  3. Arjay Dom Win User
    Display scaling

Hi,

This issue with display scaling can be caused by an outdated display driver.

As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest updating your display driver directly from the manufacturer's website.

You can also refer to this article for more information on how to update the driver on Windows 10.

Get back to us with the outcome so we can help you out further.

Arjay Dom, Jul 10, 2020
  4. Scale screens in the "Display" menu?

How do I globally disable display auto-scaling?

Hi,

In reply to your query with disabling automatic scaling while connecting an external interface.

The scaling is adjusted with the display resolution in dots per inch (DPI) with device you connecting with your PC and its by design.

However you can set a custom scaling level.

To set a custom scaling level :

1. Type "dpiscaling" in the search area on the taskbar and select dpiscaling.

2. Change the scaling settings in the display window.

3. In the display window, you can click on set a custom scaling level option and check if it helps.

Also you can provide us your valuable suggestion in our feedback app.

Follow the steps :

1.Type Feedback in search bar.

2. Select/double click the Feedback app from the listed option in search.

3. Follow online instruction.

Keep us informed with the status of the issue.

Akheel Ahmed, Jul 10, 2020
Thema:

Scale screens in the "Display" menu?

1. Scale screens in the "Display" menu? - Similar Threads - Scale screens Display

2. Display Scaling Changes Prints Scaling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display Scaling Changes Prints Scaling: I have many machines running Windows 10. All of these machines are affected by the same issue. The monitors are 2560x1440, for some people this makes things too small. One solution is to adjust the resolution to 1920x1080 but then things are fuzzy. The other option is to...
  3. Display Scaling Changes Prints Scaling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display Scaling Changes Prints Scaling: I have many machines running Windows 10. All of these machines are affected by the same issue. The monitors are 2560x1440, for some people this makes things too small. One solution is to adjust the resolution to 1920x1080 but then things are fuzzy. The other option is to...
  4. Display Scaling Changes Prints Scaling

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Display gray scale

Display gray scale: I restored my laptop and shortly after loading all my stuff, i was asked to make a decision about the display. I chose poorly I guess because now it is gray scale and I cant get it back to color. Any help?...
  6. Display Customization - Scaling

Display Customization - Scaling: I would like to scale one of my monitors below 100%. I know Microsoft currently does not allow this. It would be nice if they would allow for a custom scaling option of your choosing or adjustments in 5% increments down to maybe 50%. Does anyone know if there is a work...
  7. Display Scaling values

Display Scaling values: My custom Scaling value has been set too high and I can no longer use the screen, the characters and symbols are much too big. How do I reset Scaling to its original or default value? I have reset Win 10 but it made no difference....
  8. Menu bars display, and pop-up settings are scaled incorrectly

Menu bars display, and pop-up settings are scaled incorrectly: Recently, my menu bars became large, and so the pop-up menu when right-clicking. This affects applications like Command Prompt, Disk Cleanup, Notepad, Documents, File Explorer, Calculator, Task Manager, etc. I don't see this issue in web browsers like Chrome, Microsoft Edge,...
  9. Display scale / settings

Display scale / settings: I'm running dual 32" screens (required for drafting, not reduced vision) and need to reduce my 'display' screen to a custom scale less than 100%. I've been through the 'system' - 'display' - 'scale and layout' - 'custom scaling' - but 100% is the smallest option possible?...
  10. Display scaling bug

in Windows 10 Support
    Display scaling bug: This is real interesting and I hope someone has an answer. The display has two places to scale the resolution - either from a predefined list or advanced. I have a checkers program that uses 640 x 480 resolution which gives Windows a belly ache when I select 125% from the...