Windows 10: Scale System UI without scaling non-windows programs

Discus and support Scale System UI without scaling non-windows programs in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello all. Recently multiple programs (Google Chrome and Spotify for example) have started scaling accordingly to the windows scaling level (I have it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by wartothecheese, Mar 3, 2017.

1. Scale System UI without scaling non-windows programs

Hello all.
    Recently multiple programs (Google Chrome and Spotify for example) have started scaling accordingly to the windows scaling level (I have it at 125% because at 100% text is still readable, but annoyingly small). The problem I'm having with the programs mentioned above is that they everything has become too big and unnecessarily zoomed in, making them look cluttered.
    How would I disable scaling on those programs, or disable scaling on any non-windows programs altogether?
    Thanks.

:)

wartothecheese, Mar 3, 2017

2. Windows 10 pro 125% display blur

I've managed to get sharp big fonts in CMD, Device Manager, etc at once using standard Windows settings UI (i.e., without changing the compatibility settings or using the auto-start registry script or 3rd party apps).

Basically, you need to go to the Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization > Display and set a
    custom scaling level to 125%.

The nuance is that the UI won't let you to apply the setting if you already have the recommended 125% setting in the Settings > Display. But there are at least two workarounds:

Workaround 1: You can just set the scaling level to some other value in the Settings > Display UI, just before changing the settings back to 125% in the custom scaling level UI.

Workaround 2: You can set the custom scaling level to some other value in the custom scaling level UI, Apply, choose to re-logon later in the popped dialog, then set the custom scaling level back to 125%, Apply, and re-logon manually.

I've tested both workarounds and they both worked on two of my laptops.

Alex Che Korotkin, Mar 3, 2017
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Java based application not scaling properly

The developers of the software (Powerschool Group LLC) have not allowed for this Windows 10 UI Scaling, you should get the college to contact the developers and get them to provide a patch to fix this issue . . .

As can be seen from your screenshot, some of the UI components on the Window are scaling and some are not.

This is not a Windows error, it is the responsibility of the developers of the software to ensure their software renders correctly regardless of the screen size or UI scaling . . .

DaveM121, Mar 3, 2017
Thema:

Scale System UI without scaling non-windows programs

1. Scale System UI without scaling non-windows programs - Similar Threads - Scale System without

2. Issues with UI scaling on only parts of the UI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with UI scaling on only parts of the UI: I turned on my Windows 10 system to discover a weird issue with the UI where portions of the UI is massive and much of the rest of the UI is normal. The system was shut down the night prior through the start menu with no issues. Yes, the ui scale is set to 100% in the start...
  3. Issues with UI scaling on only parts of the UI

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues with UI scaling on only parts of the UI: I turned on my Windows 10 system to discover a weird issue with the UI where portions of the UI is massive and much of the rest of the UI is normal. The system was shut down the night prior through the start menu with no issues. Yes, the ui scale is set to 100% in the start...
  4. Issues with UI scaling on only parts of the UI

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Changing the system scale

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing the system scale: Windows 11:I changed the system scale to 175 %.Now I cannot change it back to 100 %. Because the tick mark is greyed and unresponsive after typing 100 in the boxAttached are pictures.Regards,Rajendra....
  6. Changing the system scale

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing the system scale: Windows 11:I changed the system scale to 175 %.Now I cannot change it back to 100 %. Because the tick mark is greyed and unresponsive after typing 100 in the boxAttached are pictures.Regards,Rajendra....
  7. Can you alter the UI scale of a program without changing the UI scale of Windows?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can you alter the UI scale of a program without changing the UI scale of Windows?: I've just bought a large 1440p monitor. I like the Windows 10 UI at the smaller size owing to the 1440p resolution, but I'd prefer my programs to be scaled a little larger. Is there any way to scale programs independently of Windows? submitted by /u/Mega_Dunsparce [link]...
  8. Age of Empires UI Scaling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Age of Empires UI Scaling: Can you update the game to include larger UI resolution scaling? I can barely read the text and icons with the UI scale set to maximum. Impossible to play. Also I sit about 10 feet away from my HDTV not to strain my eyes please update the scaling....
  9. Win10 and its UI Scaling

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win10 and its UI Scaling: Hello, I just built a new PC and made the move from win7 to win 10. I am being driven up a wall with some of these problems though. When on my recommended resolution : 3840 x 2160 with scale and layout set to 225% things look to be the right size (the text does, but the...
  10. UI Scaling for UHD not being applied to all Programs

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    UI Scaling for UHD not being applied to all Programs: Greetings! I recently jumped the 4K Bandwagon with the purchase of a new TV I mounted to the Wall and while I managed to get most of the stuff running at 4096 x 2160 and still being readable some stuff just doesn't scale well despite my best efforts. Maybe I'm just...