Windows 10: Scale window content to window size on large monitor, using Windows 10?

Discus and support Scale window content to window size on large monitor, using Windows 10? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I just replace a pair of smaller monitors with a new, 31" Dell monitor. The new display is beautiful, but I miss the pair of separate monitors for one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PeterRodman, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Scale window content to window size on large monitor, using Windows 10?

I just replace a pair of smaller monitors with a new, 31" Dell monitor. The new display is beautiful, but I miss the pair of separate monitors for one reason: I could open a window on each and the window content was scaled to that (smaller) size. On the new monitor, each window's content is scaled to the size of the monitor display and does not scale down as a window is made smaller. This means that working with two applications on the big screen, while viewing each in a separate window, I do not have full content in either one as I could do with the two smaller monitors. Is it possible to set the Windows 10 display so that content scales to the window size rather than the display size?

:)

PeterRodman, Dec 4, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 4, 2018
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    DaveM121, Dec 4, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Scale window content to window size on large monitor, using Windows 10?

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Dec 4, 2018
Thema:

Scale window content to window size on large monitor, using Windows 10?

1. Scale window content to window size on large monitor, using Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Scale window content

2. Scaling for 8k monitor windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scaling for 8k monitor windows 10: Hi there,Just changed my monitor for a Samsung 55 inch 8k tv.My scaling is at 500 percent.How would I change this to 600 percent because my icons are still to small?Thanks in advanceJoseph...
  3. Scaling for 8k monitor windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scaling for 8k monitor windows 10: Hi there,Just changed my monitor for a Samsung 55 inch 8k tv.My scaling is at 500 percent.How would I change this to 600 percent because my icons are still to small?Thanks in advanceJoseph...
  4. windows 11 force scale aspect ratio to monitor size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 force scale aspect ratio to monitor size: I just got a laptop with an integrated graphicscard alongside the main gpu. I want to automatically force the resolution to be streched to fit the monitor edge automatically when I open a program running in a different aspect ratio than the one i use on desktop. My screen is...
  5. windows 11 force scale aspect ratio to monitor size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 force scale aspect ratio to monitor size: I just got a laptop with an integrated graphicscard alongside the main gpu. I want to automatically force the resolution to be streched to fit the monitor edge automatically when I open a program running in a different aspect ratio than the one i use on desktop. My screen is...
  6. Monitor Scaling/dual monitors, different size, same resolution

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Monitor Scaling/dual monitors, different size, same resolution: So I have a dual monitor setup, my second monitor is 27in, and my main monitor is 24in, when using backgrounds like shown here, I cannot get my background to line up correctly, if I still want my mouse to move across the monitors smoothly, it seems like windows sees both...
  7. Windows Sizes When Using External Monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Sizes When Using External Monitor: Hey Gang, I am new to Windows. I came from Apple. Last time I use Windows was Windows Vista. My question is. I have a Dell Laptop and Dell External Monitor. Is it possible for Windows to remember your window sizes when switching from laptop display to external display....
  8. Text size (not scaling) adjustment for second monitor?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Text size (not scaling) adjustment for second monitor?: Running 1903, and looking to adjust text size for a laptop's external monitor. The text size slider adjusts the text size only for the main display, no matter what screen is selected before adjustment. Is there any way to adjust text size (not scaling) for individual...
  9. Scaling size

Scaling size: We just upgraded to Windows 10 and use TV screen for our monitors. How do I make the scaling size less than 100% https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scaling-size/fec43290-93f7-42b0-a5c6-0a811c87a48d
  10. Contents of windows 10 notification very large

Contents of windows 10 notification very large: Everything was fine until today, I clicked the notification icon (bottom right) and everything inside is massive. I searched everywhere I could for a solution to no avail. Any help on restoring it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance Richard[ATTACH]...