Windows 10: Scaling a window without maximise/fullscreen

Discus and support Scaling a window without maximise/fullscreen in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'm having an issue with a game where it won't load unless it's not fullscreen. I have inserted the command "fullscreen=false" into my shortcut as a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Daybreak58NVC, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Scaling a window without maximise/fullscreen

I'm having an issue with a game where it won't load unless it's not fullscreen. I have inserted the command "fullscreen=false" into my shortcut as a workaround and it works very well.

Unfortunately, the window opens with quite a small size (about 5 inches wide) and maximising it causes the User interface to be shifted into the corner and does not scale with the window, which results in not really being able to use the program very well.

My question, therefore, is whether it is possible to set a size for the screen in a way that it will all be scaled similarly to fullscreen but not actually being fullscreen.

:)

Daybreak58NVC, Jan 11, 2019

2. Window's not maximising

I am on Windows 10 and I turned a window to fullscreen. When I came off fullsceen, I couldn't maximise it back to how it was before, I have had this before and fixed it but I don't remember how I did it. Any help?

mellypeturadno, Jan 11, 2019
  3. custom scaling documents for printing in windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

• How you trying to scale the documents?
    • Which application you are using for scaling the documents.

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps.

1. Press control key + p.

2. Now select the number of pages you want to scale while printing.

3. Click apply.

4. Now click on print.

Please try the above suggestions and let us know the status of the issue.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Jan 11, 2019
  4. Mussels Win User

Scaling a window without maximise/fullscreen

How to automatically dim secondary monitor, when app is fullscreen?

maximised windows work - its fullscreen that doesnt.

going back to topic of the dimming, i'm not sure... i think CCC profiles would affect both screens.

Mussels, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

Scaling a window without maximise/fullscreen

1. Scaling a window without maximise/fullscreen - Similar Threads - Scaling window without

2. programs are not maximising

in Windows 10 Customization
    programs are not maximising: I have pinned some programs to my Windows 10 taskbar. I do not have any problems with almost all these programs except for Steam because I cannot maximize it. What is the fix? Do I have to reinstall it?...
  3. How to maximise all windows?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to maximise all windows?: This is bugging me at the moment. I'm stumped concerning how to maximise all windows that are all minimised in the taskbar. Any ideas? Cheers. 57154
  4. Not able to launch any game in fullscreen without pc freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to launch any game in fullscreen without pc freezing: Whenever i launch a game that i have enabled full-screen on, my computer simply freezes and i can't do anything other than to force shut-down my computer by holding down the power button. This started to happen after i changed from Gtx 680 to Gtx 1070. All my drivers are...
  5. Fullscreen scaling and performance issues gtx 970 win 10

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Fullscreen scaling and performance issues gtx 970 win 10: In all of my games after upgrading no longer scale properly (the picture is too big for the screen) and there are sever graphical problems. Its almost as if the games dont load some of the shaders or filters. When switching to borderless window in some games this helps while...
  6. Maximise/Minimising windows is not working.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Maximise/Minimising windows is not working.: Hi all, I have a problem with my Win10 laptop and the best way to describe it (i think!), is that the minimise/maximising of windows is not behaving as expected. For example: sometimes I am unable to maximise a window properly, it seems to maximise, but not come to the...
  7. Shortcut for maximising from snapped window

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcut for maximising from snapped window: Hi all, I've recently updated to W10, and am hoping I'm missing a shortcut for maximising snapped windows. I'm the sort of person that likes to minimise mouse use. I'm used to snapping windows to the left or right using the shortcut "Start + Left/Right Arrow". I can...
  8. Unable to minimise a maximised window

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to minimise a maximised window: So previously with the Snap Assist I was able to hold left click the toolbar as a maximised window and drag it down to minimise it, but now I can only maximise a minimised window like Google Chrome, why has this happened and how can I get this to work again? Edit:...
  9. Scale System UI without scaling non-windows programs

in Windows 10 Support
    Scale System UI without scaling non-windows programs: Hello all. Recently multiple programs (Google Chrome and Spotify for example) have started scaling accordingly to the windows scaling level (I have it at 125% because at 100% text is still readable, but annoyingly small). The problem I'm having with the programs mentioned...
  10. Windows 10 Stuttering Maximise Animation

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Stuttering Maximise Animation: Hi there. I am facing a problem which has been bugging me out for the last two days. My current laptop is Inspiron 7559 and has the following Specifications I7 - 6700 HQ NVIDIA GTX 960 M 4GB Intel HD 530 Graphics 16 GB RAM 1 TB HDD 128 GB SSD 4K Touchscreen...