Windows 10: Scaling a window without maximise/fullscreen

Discus and support Scaling a window without maximise/fullscreen in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'm having an issue with a game where it won't load unless it's not fullscreen. I have inserted the command "fullscreen=false" into my shortcut as a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Daybreak58NVC, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Scaling a window without maximise/fullscreen

I'm having an issue with a game where it won't load unless it's not fullscreen. I have inserted the command "fullscreen=false" into my shortcut as a workaround and it works very well.

Unfortunately, the window opens with quite a small size (about 5 inches wide) and maximising it causes the User interface to be shifted into the corner and does not scale with the window, which results in not really being able to use the program very well.

My question, therefore, is whether it is possible to set a size for the screen in a way that it will all be scaled similarly to fullscreen but not actually being fullscreen.

:)

Daybreak58NVC, Jan 11, 2019

2. Window's not maximising

I am on Windows 10 and I turned a window to fullscreen. When I came off fullsceen, I couldn't maximise it back to how it was before, I have had this before and fixed it but I don't remember how I did it. Any help?

mellypeturadno, Jan 11, 2019
  3. custom scaling documents for printing in windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

• How you trying to scale the documents?
    • Which application you are using for scaling the documents.

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps.

1. Press control key + p.

2. Now select the number of pages you want to scale while printing.

3. Click apply.

4. Now click on print.

Please try the above suggestions and let us know the status of the issue.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Jan 11, 2019
  4. Mussels Win User

Scaling a window without maximise/fullscreen

How to automatically dim secondary monitor, when app is fullscreen?

maximised windows work - its fullscreen that doesnt.

going back to topic of the dimming, i'm not sure... i think CCC profiles would affect both screens.

Mussels, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

Scaling a window without maximise/fullscreen

1. Scaling a window without maximise/fullscreen - Similar Threads - Scaling window without

2. Maximising windows peramnently...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Maximising windows peramnently...: How can i arrange it so that whenever I open any and all windows, that they open maximised? I mean too, all windows, not just windows that have a shortcut. I am aware about the option in the shortcut panel. Why aren't we given this option with windows? It should be a very...
  3. Scale only certain apps without scaling the entire computer.

Scale only certain apps without scaling the entire computer.: Is this a thing? If not PLEASE add it. The ROBLOX Player has specific games that need specific scaling but I always have to scale the entire computer display down....
  4. Programs that aren't maximised always cascade behind maximised windows.

Programs that aren't maximised always cascade behind maximised windows.: Hi there, In the same issue, whenever I open a window through clicking on its icon on the taskbar, it will also fall behind all maximised windows if it is not maximised itself. This began just over a month ago with a new update, and I've finally had enough of it. If...
  5. Maximising the WIndows security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Maximising the WIndows security: Hi, To maximise our security online etc. against all kind of malwares, is updating the windows and having windows defender enough or should we go for an antivirus paid one? ANd if we buy an antivirus which serve both as antimalware too, do we need to update windows too or...
  6. display scaling for old fullscreen game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    display scaling for old fullscreen game: Hello! For my grandchilds I scale the desktop for showing huge icons. Unfortunately the game dinosaur world from BBC uses this scale adjustment. So only the half area is to see full screen. If I scale the desktop as normal the game displays all. Is it possible to adjust...
  7. display scaling for old fullscreen game

in Windows 10 Support
    display scaling for old fullscreen game: Hello! For my grandchilds I scale the desktop for showing huge icons. Unfortunately the game dinosaur world from BBC uses this scale adjustment. So only the half area is to see full screen. If I scale the desktop as normal the game displays all. Is it possible to adjust...
  8. programs are not maximising

programs are not maximising: I have pinned some programs to my Windows 10 taskbar. I do not have any problems with almost all these programs except for Steam because I cannot maximize it. What is the fix? Do I have to reinstall it?...
  9. Fullscreen scaling and performance issues gtx 970 win 10

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Fullscreen scaling and performance issues gtx 970 win 10: In all of my games after upgrading no longer scale properly (the picture is too big for the screen) and there are sever graphical problems. Its almost as if the games dont load some of the shaders or filters. When switching to borderless window in some games this helps while...
  10. Scale System UI without scaling non-windows programs

in Windows 10 Support
    Scale System UI without scaling non-windows programs: Hello all. Recently multiple programs (Google Chrome and Spotify for example) have started scaling accordingly to the windows scaling level (I have it at 125% because at 100% text is still readable, but annoyingly small). The problem I'm having with the programs mentioned...