Windows 10: Scaling and printing.

Discus and support Scaling and printing. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I am using windows 10 and a 4k monitor. Since the resolution is high I have to scale the display to 170%. When I print to my HP LJ 1606dn... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by dlee3370, Jan 12, 2017.

1. dlee3370 Win User

Scaling and printing.

Hello,

I am using windows 10 and a 4k monitor. Since the resolution is high I have to scale the display to 170%. When I print to my HP LJ 1606dn most documents come out fine but when I print from I.E it doesn't fit to page it prints smaller than the actual size of the page. I can go into the print settings and the default % of normal size to make it fit to page but then the all other print jobs that are not from I.E print bigger than normal. Is there a way that I can set the default so that I don't have to change the scaling of the print job each time I print?

Thanks.

:)

dlee3370, Jan 12, 2017

2. Microsoft Edge custom print scale gone?

Microsoft Internet Explorer had a custom print scale feature in the print preview. This was super handy, especially when the default printing would spill just a line or two onto the next page. In Internet Explorer I could just custom scale the print size
    down a few percentage points, and it would print one less page. The custom print size feature was so useful, that I would often paste an URL from Chrome into IE, just so I could get the print size I wanted. However, in Microsoft Edge, it appears this custom
    print scale feature is missing, and all I can do is scale the print size in huge 25% increments or accept the default "shrink to fit" scale. Is there a way to custom scale the print size in the new Microsoft Edge browser? (Or did Microsoft, in their infinite
    wisdom, decide that users don't need this useful custom print scale feature?)

Disgrunt[ed, Jan 12, 2017
  3. Snip Print tool

The Print tool from the Snipping Tool has a Preferences options that envokes the Windows (10) print options tool. When selecting its "More Options" tab you get to the option to reduce/enlarge the printed image. Selecting scale to page here has no effect
    -- no scaling is performed.

SaludoVencedores, Jan 12, 2017
  4. dlee3370 Win User

Scaling and printing.

Ok I made a mistake it prints ok from I.E but not from a web based app that uses I.E.

dlee3370, Jan 12, 2017
Thema:

Scaling and printing.

1. Scaling and printing. - Similar Threads - Scaling printing

2. Printing PDF Document - Scale Percent

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printing PDF Document - Scale Percent: Trying to print a PDF document. The "scale percent" box has changed permanently from 100% to 97%. How do I change this back to 100% permanently? This is only an issue when printing a PDF from a saved file - printing any Microsoft Office document works fine....
  3. Print to PDF with custom scaling and centre the output

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Print to PDF with custom scaling and centre the output: Is it possible to use Microsoft print to PDF with a custom scale but also centre the output? I can change the scale easily, but can I make the page centred?...
  4. Why is my printing not to scale?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why is my printing not to scale?: Hi, I tried printing a 10 x 10cm square with various software programs and on two printers but it seems everything is scaled. the programs I used are: Microsoft Word Inkscape Adobe Acrobat The printers are: Brother MFC-L2710DW Epson WF-7720 Series For example: in...
  5. Mail for Windows 10 Print Scaling Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail for Windows 10 Print Scaling Issue: ***Mail for Windows 10 Print Scaling Issue*** In the last couple of days something has happened with the scaling in which my emails print. The messages look absolutely fine in preview but the messages only print on about a quarter of the page in the upper left corner. Can...
  6. Print images using scaling /tiling to print large image over several a4 pages no longer...

Print images using scaling /tiling to print large image over several a4 pages no longer...: I sometimes need print large images as A3 or A2 and to do so I usually print my image to PDF using the image sized on an A3 page but printed using the 'Fit to' option on the print menu, where I can select to split the image print over 2 x A4 pages. The print preview of...
  7. scale printing to all legal size documents

scale printing to all legal size documents: Hi Everyone, I'm not sure if this question belongs here or the printer support but I need to set a rule in windows if trying to print a legal-size document to always apply to scale and not in a specific document. the problem is when one of our users is printing one...
  8. Windows 10 Print dialog Scaled.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Print dialog Scaled.: [ATTACH] Hi, I've been ripping my hair out over this issue. So maybe someone here can help me :-) I've just got an Epilog Engraving Laser. Which ofc comes with some delicious printer drivers. However when I install the drivers on a brand new Dell G3 3590 Laptop and open...
  9. Printed document scaled down about 25% when in a RDP session.

Printed document scaled down about 25% when in a RDP session.: What is causing printed documents to be scaled down about 25% while in an RDP session? That is to say, the prints come out just fine when physically in front of the workstation, but they're reduced to 75% of the desired size when printing while remoted into the same...
  10. scaling to the paper size when printing

scaling to the paper size when printing: My previous WORD had the option of scaling the printed picture or text to fit the paper size. Can this still be done with office and home 2019? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scaling-to-the-paper-size-when-printing/457124bc-5c2c-45ea-9cdd-8740740adbbe