Windows 10: Scaling and printing.

Discus and support Scaling and printing. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I am using windows 10 and a 4k monitor. Since the resolution is high I have to scale the display to 170%. When I print to my HP LJ 1606dn... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by dlee3370, Jan 12, 2017.

1. dlee3370 Win User

Scaling and printing.

Hello,

I am using windows 10 and a 4k monitor. Since the resolution is high I have to scale the display to 170%. When I print to my HP LJ 1606dn most documents come out fine but when I print from I.E it doesn't fit to page it prints smaller than the actual size of the page. I can go into the print settings and the default % of normal size to make it fit to page but then the all other print jobs that are not from I.E print bigger than normal. Is there a way that I can set the default so that I don't have to change the scaling of the print job each time I print?

Thanks.

:)

dlee3370, Jan 12, 2017

2. Microsoft Edge custom print scale gone?

Microsoft Internet Explorer had a custom print scale feature in the print preview. This was super handy, especially when the default printing would spill just a line or two onto the next page. In Internet Explorer I could just custom scale the print size
    down a few percentage points, and it would print one less page. The custom print size feature was so useful, that I would often paste an URL from Chrome into IE, just so I could get the print size I wanted. However, in Microsoft Edge, it appears this custom
    print scale feature is missing, and all I can do is scale the print size in huge 25% increments or accept the default "shrink to fit" scale. Is there a way to custom scale the print size in the new Microsoft Edge browser? (Or did Microsoft, in their infinite
    wisdom, decide that users don't need this useful custom print scale feature?)

Disgrunt[ed, Jan 12, 2017
  3. Snip Print tool

The Print tool from the Snipping Tool has a Preferences options that envokes the Windows (10) print options tool. When selecting its "More Options" tab you get to the option to reduce/enlarge the printed image. Selecting scale to page here has no effect
    -- no scaling is performed.

SaludoVencedores, Jan 12, 2017
  4. dlee3370 Win User

Scaling and printing.

Ok I made a mistake it prints ok from I.E but not from a web based app that uses I.E.

dlee3370, Jan 12, 2017
Thema:

Scaling and printing.

1. Scaling and printing. - Similar Threads - Scaling printing

2. why am i suddenly unable to scale down a print job in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why am i suddenly unable to scale down a print job in windows 11: Hello,The problem occurs no matter where I'm printing from eBay labels, PDF doc, Google doc, print from within File Explorer, etc.In the print dialog pop-up box, where you can see the print preview, along the left sideyou can scroll down to "Scale %". As soon as I choose any...
  3. why am i suddenly unable to scale down a print job in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why am i suddenly unable to scale down a print job in windows 11: Hello,The problem occurs no matter where I'm printing from eBay labels, PDF doc, Google doc, print from within File Explorer, etc.In the print dialog pop-up box, where you can see the print preview, along the left sideyou can scroll down to "Scale %". As soon as I choose any...
  4. Unable to scale down my print since my Microsoft update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to scale down my print since my Microsoft update: Since the update, I am unable to scale down my labels as I used to when I scale down from the size to 90% or 80%. It is showing a blank page if I go back to 100% it shows the label nothing wrong with my printer, it lies within the update I believe as far as I never had a...
  5. Unable to scale down my print since my Microsoft update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to scale down my print since my Microsoft update: Since the update, I am unable to scale down my labels as I used to when I scale down from the size to 90% or 80%. It is showing a blank page if I go back to 100% it shows the label nothing wrong with my printer, it lies within the update I believe as far as I never had a...
  6. Unable to scale down my print since my Microsoft update

7. Print to Scale < 100% Not Working in Edge Browser

Print to Scale < 100% Not Working in Edge Browser: I am an avid eBay seller and in the last few days, I have noticed that when I try to print my paper labels for shipping, the Print to Scale feature no longer works if I select a value less than 100% when trying to print using the Edge browser. It DOES work if enlarge over...
  8. Print to Scale < 100% Not Working in Edge Browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Print to Scale < 100% Not Working in Edge Browser: I am an avid eBay seller and in the last few days, I have noticed that when I try to print my paper labels for shipping, the Print to Scale feature no longer works if I select a value less than 100% when trying to print using the Edge browser. It DOES work if enlarge over...
  9. Print Dialogue Custom scaling by % does not draw up material from 2nd page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Print Dialogue Custom scaling by % does not draw up material from 2nd page: First, I don't know who programs the print dialogue for Windows - the specific print driver or is it MS?If it is MS, then in the print dialogue for Adobe Acrobat Reader the Custom Scale shrinks the material on each page, but it does not suck up material from the following...
  10. Print Dialogue Custom scaling by % does not draw up material from 2nd page

Print Dialogue Custom scaling by % does not draw up material from 2nd page: First, I don't know who programs the print dialogue for Windows - the specific print driver or is it MS?If it is MS, then in the print dialogue for Adobe Acrobat Reader the Custom Scale shrinks the material on each page, but it does not suck up material from the following...