Windows 10: scaling in Microsoft photo program "Photos"

Discus and support scaling in Microsoft photo program "Photos" in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; How can a photo, jpg or other, be scaled to fit to page when printing in Microsoft's "Photos" app. The choice "Fill" -> "Fit Page" does not do that.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Robin_3, Oct 10, 2021.

1. Robin_3 Win User

scaling in Microsoft photo program "Photos"

How can a photo, jpg or other, be scaled to fit to page when printing in Microsoft's "Photos" app. The choice "Fill" -> "Fit Page" does not do that.

:)

Robin_3, Oct 10, 2021
  2. Arul_D Win User

Windows 10 - defaul photo program

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

As I understand that you are not able to see Photo Explosion in the list of default programs, I would suggest you to follow few steps to set Photo Explosion as your default program.

• In the search bar type Default programs and press enter

• Click on associate a file type or protocol with a program

• Select the file type which you want to associate with the photo Explosion.

• After selecting click on change programs

• Check whether you are able to see Photo Explosion in the list.
    Hope this information is useful. Do get back to us for further assistance.

Arul_D, Oct 10, 2021
  3. CargoX Win User
    Windows 7 Will Not Include Email, Photo and Movie Programs

I think people missed that MS did not say "Internet" in the program list. Just Email, Photo, Movie.

CargoX, Oct 10, 2021
  4. btarunr Win User

New Memorex Mirror for Photos Simplifies Photo Backup

Today’s consumers are looking for simple technology solutions that allow them to swiftly and safely back up their ever-growing digital photo collection. With a quick, one-time software installation, the Memorex Mirror for Photos external hard drive automatically backs up photos when connected to the computer without having to open numerous settings, dialogs or having to navigate multiple menus.

Mirror for Photos is a fast, smart and maintenance-free method of backing up photos and takes the guesswork out of protecting one’s precious memories. Its built-in software automatically runs each time the device is connected to a PC or MAC, finds photos and backs them up. This eliminates the hassle of manually backing up photos each time they are uploaded on a computer. A unique monitoring feature detects when new photos are present and reminds the user to connect Mirror for Photos.

scaling in Microsoft photo program "Photos" 116a_thm.jpg

“As people’s digital libraries continue to grow, they understand how critical it is to preserve those moments, yet are often intimidated with the notion of backing up,” said Jess Walton, Memorex brand manager. “Mirror for Photos provides even non tech-savvy users with a quick, simple and maintenance-free method for backing up and protecting precious memories.”

Mirror for Photos’ compact, space-saving design – at 3x5x1/2 inches – also eliminates the need for power cords, thanks to its simple USB-bus powered connection. The product’s user-inspired packaging also boasts easy-to-understand icons that convey product features, attributes and applications.

Memorex Mirror for Photos is available in three sizes, 320GB, 500GB and 640GB, or an estimated capacity of 64,000, 100,000 and 128,000 high-resolution photos* respectively. Mirror for Photos (320GB model) is currently available at Toys“R”Us. Suggested retail prices for capacities are:
    • $79.99 for the 320GB Mirror for Photos
    • $99.99 for the 500GB Mirror for Photos
    • $119.99 for the 640GB Mirror for Photos

btarunr, Oct 10, 2021
Thema:

1. scaling in Microsoft photo program "Photos" - Similar Threads - scaling Microsoft photo

2. Invoking Microsoft Photos from a program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Invoking Microsoft Photos from a program: I have a program that invokes executes or starts Office 2010 Picture Manager when it wants to display an image in detail. I want to update the program to use Microsoft Photos. The Photos program resides at C:\Program...
  3. Invoking Microsoft Photos from a program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Invoking Microsoft Photos from a program: I have a program that invokes executes or starts Office 2010 Picture Manager when it wants to display an image in detail. I want to update the program to use Microsoft Photos. The Photos program resides at C:\Program...
  4. Photos app auto-scaling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos app auto-scaling: Hello!I've been using Photos app for quiet some time actually - all the time and recently I've stumbled upon annoying problem that I didn't previously had - I suppose it was introduced not long ago.When I'm opening an image, it always appear scaled and in right resolution -...
  5. Photos app auto-scaling

Photos app auto-scaling: Hello!I've been using Photos app for quiet some time actually - all the time and recently I've stumbled upon annoying problem that I didn't previously had - I suppose it was introduced not long ago.When I'm opening an image, it always appear scaled and in right resolution -...
  6. scaling in Microsoft photo program "Photos"

scaling in Microsoft photo program "Photos": How can a photo, jpg or other, be scaled to fit to page when printing in Microsoft's "Photos" app. The choice "Fill" -> "Fit Page" does not do that....
  7. Saving Photos not working in Microsoft Photos program

Saving Photos not working in Microsoft Photos program: For ages I have been using Microsoft Photos but have suddenly encountered a problem. When working on a photo I am given the option 'Save a Copy' Previously this takes me to a page where I have to find the actual folder for the pictures I'm working on and then I'm given a slot...
  8. Display scale confuses Photo Viewer

Display scale confuses Photo Viewer: I have a set up with 3 monitors. The center one (and 'main') is 4k and the other two are 1080p I set a scale factor of 175% on the center one so stuff will look the same size on all three monitors (exact value should be 171.4% but 175% is close enough). For most apps this...
  9. photo program

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    photo program: Is there a way to change the default settings in the edit mode of Photo. It always defaults the size at "custom" I want them to always default to 4x6 and change the ones I want to be different....
  10. Photo Program

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Photo Program: This is the Second computer (Both new) I have had problems with the Photo Program. My 1st one-6 months old- had a download that messed it up. It would not stay on. (Not the 1st problem caused by mandatory downloads) I called the Handicapped line-and went up to Level 3,where...