Windows 10: Scaling is causing problems at 100% or 125%

Discus and support Scaling is causing problems at 100% or 125% in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When using my laptop with two other monitors, I need the scaling to change on my laptop so I can still see information on that screen, so I change it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Paul Farnsworth Student, Mar 3, 2024.

1. Scaling is causing problems at 100% or 125%

When using my laptop with two other monitors, I need the scaling to change on my laptop so I can still see information on that screen, so I change it to 125%. I also use the snipping tool regularly, but that gets screwed up when one of my monitors is not scaled to 100%, only part of the screen can be captured by the snipping tool. My main monitor when in this configuration is one of the other screens, not my laptop screen. How do I get both to work at the same time? In other words, I would like my laptop screen scaled to 125% but also use the snipping tool on any screen without having to d

:)

Paul Farnsworth Student, Mar 3, 2024

2. Not able to scale a Program to 100% when system is using 125%

Good day

I have bought Tyranobuilder app from Steam and installed it on my laptop.

This app is used to create visual novels.

My system is using 125% scale for the monitor but when I use Tyranobuilder my screen is to small for the program when doing certain actions on the app.

If I use 100% scale there is no Issue and everything works fine.

The problem is that the text and icons is to small for me if I run at 100% the recommended scale is 125%.

I have tried the DPI scale options in the properties of the app shortcut but there is no change when I open it.

Maybe i am doing something wrong or is there another way for me to run the app in 100% scale and still have the system at 125% scaling?

I'm running Windows 11

Thanks

Tinus

Tinus Roux, Mar 3, 2024
  3. EdHayes3 Win User
    When un-docking laptop, Windows scaling changes to 125% but still shows 100% in settings

I have a 1920x1080 laptop display, and 2 extnernal 1920x1080 displays. When I dock, I do not use my laptop display. Scaling is set to 100% for all monitors when in use.

When I un-dock, and open my laptop display, scaling changes automatically, and visually appears 125%. I go to my display settings, and it says 100%. But when I change to 125% (which is the "recommended" setting) then back to 100%, my display then looks as it
    should.

This is quite repeatable.

• I would prefer scaling does not change when I un-dock
    • Why does does he actual scaling not match what the setting is set to?

EdHayes3, Mar 3, 2024
  4. Scaling is causing problems at 100% or 125%

Custom scaling will not let me change scale from 125% to 100%

Windows Settings will not let me scale back from 125% to 100% in order to keep a MS popup from blocking me from using Word

Donna Morse, Mar 3, 2024
Thema:

Scaling is causing problems at 100% or 125%

1. Scaling is causing problems at 100% or 125% - Similar Threads - Scaling causing problems

2. Scaling is causing problems at 100% or 125%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scaling is causing problems at 100% or 125%: When using my laptop with two other monitors, I need the scaling to change on my laptop so I can still see information on that screen, so I change it to 125%. I also use the snipping tool regularly, but that gets screwed up when one of my monitors is not scaled to 100%, only...
  3. blurry on 125% scaling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    blurry on 125% scaling: HeyWhen im on my native resolution the apps and texts are too small. When i change to 125% scaling the text and apps are perfect size but it's blurry, any help please?I have tried a resolution lower but its blurry aswell...
  4. blurry on 125% scaling

blurry on 125% scaling: HeyWhen im on my native resolution the apps and texts are too small. When i change to 125% scaling the text and apps are perfect size but it's blurry, any help please?I have tried a resolution lower but its blurry aswell...
  5. Custom scaling will not let me change scale from 125% to 100%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Custom scaling will not let me change scale from 125% to 100%: Windows Settings will not let me scale back from 125% to 100% in order to keep a MS popup from blocking me from using Word https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/custom-scaling-will-not-let-me-change-scale-from/13930253-2e25-472e-a9c4-91487dd71c0e
  6. Custom scaling will not let me change scale from 125% to 100%

Custom scaling will not let me change scale from 125% to 100%: Windows Settings will not let me scale back from 125% to 100% in order to keep a MS popup from blocking me from using Word https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/custom-scaling-will-not-let-me-change-scale-from/13930253-2e25-472e-a9c4-91487dd71c0e
  7. Not able to scale a Program to 100% when system is using 125%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to scale a Program to 100% when system is using 125%: Good dayI have bought Tyranobuilder app from Steam and installed it on my laptop.This app is used to create visual novels.My system is using 125% scale for the monitor but when I use Tyranobuilder my screen is to small for the program when doing certain actions on the app.If...
  8. Not able to scale a Program to 100% when system is using 125%

Not able to scale a Program to 100% when system is using 125%: Good dayI have bought Tyranobuilder app from Steam and installed it on my laptop.This app is used to create visual novels.My system is using 125% scale for the monitor but when I use Tyranobuilder my screen is to small for the program when doing certain actions on the app.If...
  9. 125% scaling on 1440p

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    125% scaling on 1440p: I have a 1440p 27" monitor and because of this, 100% scaling looks a bit too small on it for my liking, so I upped it to 125%. Majority of applications look fine however, there are some that appear blury and I was wondering if there was a simple fix for it? submitted by...
  10. .jar files no longer scale 100% when system scale is 125%

in Windows 10 Customization
    .jar files no longer scale 100% when system scale is 125%: I set my windows dpi on the (recommended) 125%, since i have a 15" laptop with 1920:1080 resolution. Everything is tiny if I don't do this. [ATTACH] If I open the prepackaged runelite.exe (a client for a game written in java), which has java included, without touching the...