Windows 10: Scaling issue on 32'' TV Display

Discus and support Scaling issue on 32'' TV Display in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've read enough on overscan issues to confidently say that isn't the issue I'm having. I've gone through my Intel Graphics settings and NVIDAI control... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BrianHoblin, Dec 29, 2019.

1. Scaling issue on 32'' TV Display

I've read enough on overscan issues to confidently say that isn't the issue I'm having. I've gone through my Intel Graphics settings and NVIDAI control panel but haven't found anything useful but I may have missed something. What I'm trying to do is replace my two Lenovo monitors with a single TV display. The TV display would be an extended display. Everything fits on my screen; again this isn't overscan.

The best way I can explain the issue is as follows:

My normal laptop display is set to 150%. I connect a 32'' TV HDMI and set it as an extended display. The 2nd display is set to 100% but things are displayed with the same proportions as my laptop display which is set to 150%. I'm using Visual Studio to judge the proportions. If I switch to mirroring the display and scale down to 100%, things are the proportion I want on the 2nd display the TV but they're not clear enough to read. I'd like everything on both displays to be approximately the same perceived size a 1'' x 1'' box on one contains the same amount of stuff as a 1'' x 1'' box on the other and be able to read whatever code I have up in Visual Studio.

I have the same results on 3 different 32'' TV's a very old Sony, a 3-5 yr old Samsung, and an hour old Insignia. Everything looks great on my 55'' plasma. I'm returning the TV I got today because the age of the TV more specifically, the tech inside the TV doesn't seem to be a factor.

Is there something I can do to get one of these 32'' TV's working the way I want?

Is this a pixel density issue?

Would I see better results from 40'' TV?

:)

BrianHoblin, Dec 29, 2019

2. MS Office and Skype scaling issue with display monitors

Hi J,

The scaling issues with your display monitor can be caused by an outdated operating system. To further isolate the concern, we suggest that you check for the latest update for Windows by following these steps:

• Click on Start or the Windows Logo on your taskbar.
    • Select Settings or the gear icon and click Updates & security.
    • Click on Check for updates.

If any updates are found, install it and wait for Windows to complete the update and then restart the device.

Let us know the result of your troubleshooting.

Genevieve Cri, Dec 29, 2019
  3. Disable display scaling on high DPI settings. globe switch

Hi Lasse,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and your effort towards resolving it.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to customize the display scaling and check if it helps.

• Right click on the open area on the Desktop.
    • Select the Graphics properties.
    • Click on Display option.
    • Click on the General settings from the left pane.
    • Under the Scaling click on the Customize
      Aspect Ratio
      and try to customize.
    • Click on Apply.
    • If you want to reset the display scaling settings then follow till the above 4th step.
    • Then under the Scaling click on the Maintain Display Scaling.
    • Click on Apply.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Dec 29, 2019
  4. Arjay Dom Win User

Scaling issue on 32'' TV Display

Display scaling

Hi,

This issue with display scaling can be caused by an outdated display driver.

As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest updating your display driver directly from the manufacturer's website.

You can also refer to this article for more information on how to update the driver on Windows 10.

Get back to us with the outcome so we can help you out further.

Arjay Dom, Dec 29, 2019
Thema:

Scaling issue on 32'' TV Display

1. Scaling issue on 32'' TV Display - Similar Threads - Scaling issue 32''

2. Win 32 default applications scaling isssue on 100% scaling with an HiDPI display on 175%...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 32 default applications scaling isssue on 100% scaling with an HiDPI display on 175%...: I have 2 normal DPI monitor with one HiDPI monitor. Whenever I turn on scaling for the HiDPI monitor with the option to fix scaling for applications turned on. Than it makes the default win 32 applications such as Explorer, Wordpad, MSpaint, etc... blurry. As if it's was...
  3. Win 32 default applications scaling isssue on 100% scaling with an HiDPI display on 175%...

Win 32 default applications scaling isssue on 100% scaling with an HiDPI display on 175%...: I have 2 normal DPI monitor with one HiDPI monitor. Whenever I turn on scaling for the HiDPI monitor with the option to fix scaling for applications turned on. Than it makes the default win 32 applications such as Explorer, Wordpad, MSpaint, etc... blurry. As if it's was...
  4. Display scaling issue with multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Display scaling issue with multiple monitors: I'm using my Thinkpad x260 at 125% scaling, and have an external monitor at 100% scaling (both are FHD monitors). If I set the external monitor as the main display, all Windows notifications pop up at the 125% scaling on the external monitor, and are weirdly cut off (not just...
  5. Using TV as 2nd display for laptop ONLY, changes scaling/ size?

in Windows 10 Support
    Using TV as 2nd display for laptop ONLY, changes scaling/ size?: Right now i have my screen mirrored, when i do 2nd display only the start menu and everything gets bigger and when i go to the display settings none of the scaling options are available, my default is 250% and i set a custom scale to 250% so that the screen remains the same...
  6. Issues displaying laptop to tv

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Issues displaying laptop to tv: When I use GOOGLE CHROME to try to case my laptop to the TV I get a message that the source cannot be detected. How do I troubleshoot the issues? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/issues-displaying-laptop-to-tv/9e7f1105-3f3b-4581-a04f-e7ba72ee43c2
  7. Windows Second Display Scaling issue

Windows Second Display Scaling issue: I am having an 15.6 inch laptop and I use my 24 inch TV as my second display. The issue is when I connect my TV through HDMi cable the scaling on my second display goes out the margin and I have tired do scale it through windows display settings and through intel graphics...
  8. Windows 10 display scaling issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 display scaling issue: I have recently installed a full Ubuntu onto a USB flash drive. I also have Windows 10 installed on the internal SSD. Windows 10 and Ubuntu do not see and interfere with each other. But after installing Ubuntu onto the flash drive and doing my work there, I ejected the...
  9. Win 10 Multi Display Scaling Issues

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Win 10 Multi Display Scaling Issues: Hello All, I have a Laptop Dell Latitude E7450 connected to my external monitor Dell P2314H via HDMI adaptor + VGA Cable, which is configured as "extended display". Although my Laptop is 14'' and my external monitor is 23'' they have the same max resolution: 1920 x 1080....
  10. Display Scaling Issue on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Display Scaling Issue on Windows 10: So I upgraded from Windows 8.1 and had everything working perfectly, no blurry texts in any application. However, a lot of applications now have really blurry text, including some installed apps like Device Manager. The problem goes away if I reduce scaling to 100% but that...