Windows 10: scaling problem

Discus and support scaling problem in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hello, I have a 4K TV as a monitor connected via DVI-HDMI. I have 3840*2160 and scaling 100% (because I want all pixels when viewing photos *Wink Today... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by McVitas, May 9, 2016.

1. McVitas Win User

scaling problem

Hello, I have a 4K TV as a monitor connected via DVI-HDMI. I have 3840*2160 and scaling 100% (because I want all pixels when viewing photos *Wink Today for the second time I noticed that all desktop icons are spread out in crazy distance like around 200px but they are small, not enlarged. I do right click - display settings and it says in red "Some apps won't respond to scaling changes until you sign out". I did not do any scaling changes! It is still 100%, but since recently I saw twice this icon mess and this message. Fonts in apps look a bit weird too I think. Last time it happened, I signed out and icons were fixed, but today after powering on the system it is back. Anybody noticed this as well? Maybe it is happening after my GPU upgrade...

:)

McVitas, May 9, 2016
  2. Voyager22 Win User

New Photo App not Working Properly

I found the solution to this problem and it all deals with text scaling (size) in Win10. If you set custom scaling factors to 125%, 130%, 135%, 140%, 145%, 150%, etc. all is okay with the Photo app. The problem arises if you set a scaling factor to something
    like 137% or 148%. It appears the scaling factors have to be set to 5% increments. Win10 actually warns the user that some apps may not scale properly with custom scaling factors.

Voyager22, May 9, 2016
  3. Surface pro 4 Dock Scaling problems

I use the dock for working with an external monitor Iiyama 1920 x 1080 who i just have bought for use with the surface.

The main problem is wrong scaling.

The monitor is connected with the dock with a mini-display to HDMI cable.

In Windows 10 the scaling settings are as recommended: 200% for the surface, 100% for the monitor.

Sometimes the scaling on the external monitor is correct, often it isn't.

F.i. Using the edge browser the scaling is correct for the main window but when edge is given suggestions for an adress, this box is scaled 200%.

F.i. Using Excel 2016 rarely scales correct, often it is scaled 200% or sometimes zoomed out. PowerPoint and Word 2016 mostly scale 200%. Restarting or displaying the program from one screen to the other and back does't help.

I've tried changing display scaling settings but this doen's solve the problem.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

LievenCattersel, May 9, 2016
  4. McVitas Win User

scaling problem

Seems the problem happens when Windows boots with the TV off. When I switch the TV on before then it's OK...

McVitas, May 14, 2016
Thema:

scaling problem

1. scaling problem - Similar Threads - scaling problem

2. Scaling is causing problems at 100% or 125%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scaling is causing problems at 100% or 125%: When using my laptop with two other monitors, I need the scaling to change on my laptop so I can still see information on that screen, so I change it to 125%. I also use the snipping tool regularly, but that gets screwed up when one of my monitors is not scaled to 100%, only...
  3. Scaling is causing problems at 100% or 125%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scaling is causing problems at 100% or 125%: When using my laptop with two other monitors, I need the scaling to change on my laptop so I can still see information on that screen, so I change it to 125%. I also use the snipping tool regularly, but that gets screwed up when one of my monitors is not scaled to 100%, only...
  4. Problems with Win11, text size and scaling!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with Win11, text size and scaling!: Hi,I have recently bought a Surface Laptop 5 Windows 11, home edition, and I am working with it for 6-8 hours/day. However, it has a persistent problem with tuning font size:1 – I tuned the “text size” to 150% and the “custom scaling” to 175%, but the text size inside...
  5. Problems with Win11, text size and scaling!

Problems with Win11, text size and scaling!: Hi,I have recently bought a Surface Laptop 5 Windows 11, home edition, and I am working with it for 6-8 hours/day. However, it has a persistent problem with tuning font size:1 – I tuned the “text size” to 150% and the “custom scaling” to 175%, but the text size inside...
  6. Screen and resolution Scale problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen and resolution Scale problem.: I have my screen resolution set to 1080p default, but when I open a game that has set by me 1600x900p resolution, the display just shrinks into a small rectangle, I can't find a solution to make it full screen, This game worked well when I played it last time many months ago...
  7. Screen and resolution Scale problem.

Screen and resolution Scale problem.: I have my screen resolution set to 1080p default, but when I open a game that has set by me 1600x900p resolution, the display just shrinks into a small rectangle, I can't find a solution to make it full screen, This game worked well when I played it last time many months ago...
  8. resolution scaling problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    resolution scaling problem: My display resolution is overscaling . How to fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resolution-scaling-problem/f9f1f034-e65c-4c06-9f21-35386efc1f1e
  9. resolution scaling problem

resolution scaling problem: My display resolution is overscaling . How to fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resolution-scaling-problem/f9f1f034-e65c-4c06-9f21-35386efc1f1e
  10. Action Center problems after scaling

in Windows 10 Customization
    Action Center problems after scaling: Just purchased a nice 4K AOC monitor, however I'm having a serious problem with the Taskbar/Action Center:Often times the icons/clock just disappear completely.The recommended settings have me at 3840x2160 and 150% scaling.I've tried other scaling options, but to no...