Windows 10: Scaling with multiple monitors

Discus and support Scaling with multiple monitors in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi there, I've got a 15 inch Dell laptop with 4K screen. Using the Dell docking station, I'm running 2 external monitors connected over DP ports... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Kitko, Jul 24, 2016.

1. Kitko Win User

Scaling with multiple monitors

Hi there,

I've got a 15 inch Dell laptop with 4K screen. Using the Dell docking station, I'm running 2 external monitors connected over DP ports (LG's 2560*1080 and Dell's 1920*1080) - both external screens run at their respective native resolutions in the extended desktop regime.

Obviously, the 4K on 15 inch is a no-go so I use scaling to 200% on the laptop screen only to emulate 1920*1080. The screen is sharp. So far so good.

However...

Some applications are distinctively blurry or rasterized when displayed on ANY of the external monitors.

For example, Word and Notepad are unusable as they are plain blurry to be used as text editors. Chrome and MSIE have distorted/blurred menu texts and rendering of pages is really poor and blurry. Same goes for Total Commander. ALL these applications display correctly on the native screen.

Now, Firefox and items such as windows settings are sharp on all three screens.

I already tried using the per-application setting to stop DPI scaling, but it did not help with Chrome and with Total Commander I ended up with a ridiculously oversized app *Smile

To add insult to the injury, the Skype's main window (with contacts) is OK on the laptop's screen - individual conversation windows on external monitors are grotesquely huge.

I resorted to using 1920*1080 resolution on the laptop's screen and no scaling - this rectified apps blurriness issue on external screens. Also, the laptop screen is set to 48Hz which to some extent which helped with inevitable blur.

Any ideas how to set up my setup so I have 3 sharp screens? *Smile

Thanks.

:)

Kitko, Jul 24, 2016
  2. Rose Ter Win User

Individual scaling on multiple monitors with Windows 10?

Hi Jon,

There are a few reasons that we can consider as to why you’re having issues with individual scaling on your monitors. It can be because the applications are moved between monitors that use different display resolutions or the monitor that applications are
    displayed on changes between docked and undocked configurations. We would recommend that you check out this

link
    . This will provide you troubleshooting steps regarding scaling issues on your device.

Feel free to contact us if you have further inquiries.

If you think this was useful, do not hesitate to “mark it as an answer” to help those who are facing the same problem.

Rose Ter, Jul 24, 2016
  3. Rose Ter Win User
    Individual scaling on multiple monitors with Windows 10?

We appreciate your response. We encourage you to submit your side using the Feedback Hub. You can either vote on an existing submission or submit a new issue. When you submit a feedback item we gather additional details and information about your issue
    that will help determine what's causing it and address it. Feedback items regularly receive Microsoft responses on the submissions in the Feedback app so you can see what we are doing about your feedback. Please revisit frequently to see the status of your
    feedback items.

In order to submit a new feedback, please follow these steps:

1. On a Windows 10 device, search for "Feedback Hub" in Cortana search, then launch the app.

2. Navigate to Feedback in the left menu, then press + Add new feedback

3. Select the Problem, and share any details you think are relevant, and choose an appropriate category and subcategory.

4. Important: If possible, reproduce the problem(s) after clicking Begin monitoring (or Start capture) near the end of the form; Stop monitoring when you're done.

5. Once you've completed the form and monitoring, click Submit.

6. Click Continue using Feedback Hub.

7. Click My feedback at the top, then find the item you submitted (it may take a while to appear).

8. Open the item you submitted, then click Share.

9. Click Copy link, then paste the link here in your response (it will look like
    https://aka.ms/<unique
    link>).

Regards.

Rose Ter, Jul 24, 2016
Thema:

Scaling with multiple monitors

1. Scaling with multiple monitors - Similar Threads - Scaling multiple monitors

2. fix scaling for apps on multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fix scaling for apps on multiple monitors: I got a new monitor with a different resolution than my current ones, and dont want to make it my main display because of where it is on my table. But some of my apps are blurry. This can apparently be fixed with the "fix scaling for apps" setting, but it only works on the...
  3. fix scaling for apps on multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    fix scaling for apps on multiple monitors: I got a new monitor with a different resolution than my current ones, and dont want to make it my main display because of where it is on my table. But some of my apps are blurry. This can apparently be fixed with the "fix scaling for apps" setting, but it only works on the...
  4. fix scaling for apps on multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows 11 - Scaling issues with multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Scaling issues with multiple monitors: I have two monitors connected to my laptop that are different sizes and resolutions. When I change the scaling, everything is huge on the smaller monitor and extremely tiny on the larger one. This results in both monitors being unusable. The icons and text on the larger...
  6. Windows 11 - Scaling issues with multiple monitors

Windows 11 - Scaling issues with multiple monitors: I have two monitors connected to my laptop that are different sizes and resolutions. When I change the scaling, everything is huge on the smaller monitor and extremely tiny on the larger one. This results in both monitors being unusable. The icons and text on the larger...
  7. Windows 11 multiple monitors, how to scale edges?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 multiple monitors, how to scale edges?: Hello, I have a monitor arrangement that is setup as:Monitors 2 and 3 are the same monitors, and 1 is my laptop which is laughably large-sized here despite being significantly smaller than my monitors. Now, I want to scale the edges so that everything can be lined up without...
  8. Windows 11 multiple monitors, how to scale edges?

Windows 11 multiple monitors, how to scale edges?: Hello, I have a monitor arrangement that is setup as:Monitors 2 and 3 are the same monitors, and 1 is my laptop which is laughably large-sized here despite being significantly smaller than my monitors. Now, I want to scale the edges so that everything can be lined up without...
  9. Display scaling issue with multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Display scaling issue with multiple monitors: I'm using my Thinkpad x260 at 125% scaling, and have an external monitor at 100% scaling (both are FHD monitors). If I set the external monitor as the main display, all Windows notifications pop up at the 125% scaling on the external monitor, and are weirdly cut off (not just...
  10. Windows 10 DPI Scaling with Multiple Monitors

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows 10 DPI Scaling with Multiple Monitors: I have a Lenovo T450s as my primary machine issued to me at work. It has an Intel Integrated Graphics Card and a 1920 X 1080 screen. I have two additional monitors, a 28 inch 4K Samsung, and a 24 inch 1080p Samsung. I have the following DPI settings. Laptop Monitor - 100%...