Windows 10: Scam and Securituy Update

Discus and support Scam and Securituy Update in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; had a scam event where I got warning screen and bogus help number I checked Defender and I have an update prompt asking me to download Security... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DaveRauch, Feb 10, 2020.

1. DaveRauch Win User

Scam and Securituy Update

had a scam event where I got warning screen and bogus help number

I checked Defender and I have an update prompt asking me to download Security Intelligence Update for Windows Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 Version 1.309.634.0

is this part of the scam? - it seems like updates in past are done without me doing download

if the download is bogus, how do I get rid of it?

:)

DaveRauch, Feb 10, 2020
  2. Smeed Win User
    Smeed, Feb 10, 2020
  3. Smeed Win User

Smeed, Feb 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Scam and Securituy Update - Similar Threads - Scam Securituy Update

2. is it a scam?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    is it a scam?: Hi All,i'm new to the community. Recently I've been getting emails saying that there is strange activity on my Microsoft account and my email has been locked. i can view recent activity histry to release my account. i'm just a bit relucted to clickk the link in case of...
  3. Is This a Scam

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is This a Scam: I got this email today and I believe it is a SCAM tell me what you think Microsoft AccountsThank you for using our services. This email is regarding your subscription of Defender Premium protection plus. Please check below for more information. Customer email: *** Email...
  4. Genuine update or scam?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Genuine update or scam?: About July 20th a notice suddenly appeared at the bottom right corner of my screen saying that support for Windows 10 April 2018 update ends in November. It had 3 choices - update now, schedule a time, and another update option I can't recall. There was no way to close the...
  5. Is this a scam ?

Is this a scam ?: Hi *** Email address is removed for privacy *** have emailed saying Windows Defender on my Win 10 has been upgraded along with a bill for $899 good for 5years. I telephoned the number that came with the bill and told them I had not authorised a upgrade, that I did not want...
  6. A Win 10 Update scam!

A Win 10 Update scam!: I was playing Solitaire, and accidently clicked on something that brought up the browser, and a dialog box that said that my computer was not up to date with the latest update! It warned me to get it by clicking the button on the dialog box, or my computer would lose all its...
  7. Scam

Scam: I was scammed with the company saying they were from Microsoft. How do I block them from getting into my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scam/ce9e8ead-5eb2-4372-a9bb-cf8ff10fb729"
  8. Scams

Scams: I recieve a called today that my Ip address had been compromised by many countries. Thay wanted to chamge my IP address and license, I just hung up and the caller ID showed my own phone number....
  9. scam?

scam?: My Daughter received a call from E Wizard support claiming that someone was trying to hack her computer. She purchased this computer over two years ago which had webroot as it's Anti virus protection program. I recently deleted webroot and installed avg anti virus (free...
  10. Is this a scam?? -

in Browsers and Email
    Is this a scam?? -: [img] Not replied to this of course, since I am not "member@hotmail.com". Does anyone else have this? I don't use Outlook as such - just webmail in my browser. Seems like a phishing scam trying to get me to expose my email address? 82272