Windows 10: SCAM Anrufe mit CLSID (ClassIdentifier)

Discus and support SCAM Anrufe mit CLSID (ClassIdentifier) in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Dear all, I have received yesterday a phone call from a person who claimed to work for Microsoft Security Services in California. He said that my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Timbo_123_123, Jun 11, 2019.

1. SCAM Anrufe mit CLSID (ClassIdentifier)

Dear all,

I have received yesterday a phone call from a person who claimed to work for Microsoft Security Services in California.

He said that my computer is infected by a virus and constantly sends notifications to the Microsoft Servers. Due to this, Microsoft activities are blocked and interrupted.

He said he needs to fix the problem together with me on my computer.

The person on the phone was an Indian. He was able to tell me my full name and address incl birth date. Additionally, he knew my land line phone number.

In the beginning, I was not sure if it is a fake or real call because the person knew many details about me.

After he was able to tell me a CLSID (ClassIdentifier) from my computer, I was further confused.

I tried to ask for a Microsoft Case ID Number or a call back number because I was not able to figure out if it was a fake call or not.

Once he asked me to download TeamViewer to get control over my laptop, I ended the call.

My question is now:

• How was the person on the phone able to tell me a CLSID Number from my computer?
    • Do I have to be concerned that I really have some spyware / virus on my laptop? What can I do against it?

I appreciate your advice!

[moved from German forums]

:)

Timbo_123_123, Jun 11, 2019

2. ANRUFE

Beim Anrufen oder anrufe annehmen kan ich aber kan nich auflegen displayer ist schwartz geht garnicht muß ausschalten oder warten bis gegen seiter ausmacht

DüsünceliAli, Jun 11, 2019
  3. dax1792 Win User
    dax1792, Jun 11, 2019
  4. Smeed Win User

SCAM Anrufe mit CLSID (ClassIdentifier)

Smeed, Jun 11, 2019
Thema:

SCAM Anrufe mit CLSID (ClassIdentifier)

1. SCAM Anrufe mit CLSID (ClassIdentifier) - Similar Threads - SCAM Anrufe mit

2. Issue installing software due to CLSID error CLSID {4991D34B-80A1-4291-83B6-3328366B9097}

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issue installing software due to CLSID error CLSID {4991D34B-80A1-4291-83B6-3328366B9097}: Hi. I am a flight sim enthusiast who uses Orbx Direct scenery for Prepar3D. (flight sim nerd here.) I recently did a reinstall of windows 10 professional and am also trying to install an Orbx tool called FTX Central, which is used to remotely download and install scenery...
  3. scannen mit cm6040

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    scannen mit cm6040: wo rufe ich den Befehl scannen auf meinem HP Laserjet CM6040 auf? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scannen-mit-cm6040/78fa0936-26db-4319-bc65-52a762fe4dcb
  4. Control Panel Applets' CLSID

in Windows 10 Customization
    Control Panel Applets' CLSID: Hi Guys, Does anyone know what the CLSIDs / GUIDs for the following applets in Control Panel: [img] [img] Mail Flash Player (32-bit) In addition, I would be extremely appreciative if you can advise how I can go about looking up an applet's GUID. Thank you, 129455
  5. CLSID Phone Scam?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    CLSID Phone Scam?: I got a call today and believe the individual was trying to hack/scam my government/company/personal computer (don’t know which one). He (sounded form middle east, India maybe). You all have way more knowledge and contacts of/to determine what he was trying to do. Here is...
  6. Scam

Scam: I was scammed with the company saying they were from Microsoft. How do I block them from getting into my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scam/ce9e8ead-5eb2-4372-a9bb-cf8ff10fb729"
  7. Scams

Scams: I recieve a called today that my Ip address had been compromised by many countries. Thay wanted to chamge my IP address and license, I just hung up and the caller ID showed my own phone number....
  8. scam?

scam?: My Daughter received a call from E Wizard support claiming that someone was trying to hack her computer. She purchased this computer over two years ago which had webroot as it's Anti virus protection program. I recently deleted webroot and installed avg anti virus (free...
  9. Is this a scam?? -

in Browsers and Email
    Is this a scam?? -: [img] Not replied to this of course, since I am not "member@hotmail.com". Does anyone else have this? I don't use Outlook as such - just webmail in my browser. Seems like a phishing scam trying to get me to expose my email address? 82272
  10. Permissions error (CLSID/APPID) since Anniversary Update

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Permissions error (CLSID/APPID) since Anniversary Update: Hi guys. I am seeing this error twice on every boot since upgrading (even a clean install doesn't clear it). Code: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM Date: 04/08/2016 02:03:45 Event ID: 10016 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: Classic User:...