Windows 10: SCAM Anrufe mit CLSID (ClassIdentifier)

Discus and support SCAM Anrufe mit CLSID (ClassIdentifier) in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Dear all, I have received yesterday a phone call from a person who claimed to work for Microsoft Security Services in California. He said that my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Timbo_123_123, Jun 11, 2019.

1. SCAM Anrufe mit CLSID (ClassIdentifier)

Dear all,

I have received yesterday a phone call from a person who claimed to work for Microsoft Security Services in California.

He said that my computer is infected by a virus and constantly sends notifications to the Microsoft Servers. Due to this, Microsoft activities are blocked and interrupted.

He said he needs to fix the problem together with me on my computer.

The person on the phone was an Indian. He was able to tell me my full name and address incl birth date. Additionally, he knew my land line phone number.

In the beginning, I was not sure if it is a fake or real call because the person knew many details about me.

After he was able to tell me a CLSID (ClassIdentifier) from my computer, I was further confused.

I tried to ask for a Microsoft Case ID Number or a call back number because I was not able to figure out if it was a fake call or not.

Once he asked me to download TeamViewer to get control over my laptop, I ended the call.

My question is now:

• How was the person on the phone able to tell me a CLSID Number from my computer?
    • Do I have to be concerned that I really have some spyware / virus on my laptop? What can I do against it?

I appreciate your advice!

[moved from German forums]

:)

Timbo_123_123, Jun 11, 2019

2. ANRUFE

Beim Anrufen oder anrufe annehmen kan ich aber kan nich auflegen displayer ist schwartz geht garnicht muß ausschalten oder warten bis gegen seiter ausmacht

DüsünceliAli, Jun 11, 2019
  3. dax1792 Win User
    dax1792, Jun 11, 2019
  4. Smeed Win User

SCAM Anrufe mit CLSID (ClassIdentifier)

Smeed, Jun 11, 2019
Thema:

SCAM Anrufe mit CLSID (ClassIdentifier)

1. SCAM Anrufe mit CLSID (ClassIdentifier) - Similar Threads - SCAM Anrufe mit

2. CLSID Error due to 80040154

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CLSID Error due to 80040154: When trying to install a 3rd party plug-in to work with QuickBooks I am getting the following error message:Encountered error removing QuickBooks menu: Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {FC3C4882-C13E-46E7-96F1-CEE3133207B7} due to the following error:...
  3. Problem mit Lüfter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem mit Lüfter: Hallo, ich habe anscheinend ein Problem mit dem Lüfter und kenne mich nicht gut mit der Materie aus. Gestern habe ich den PC gestartet. Es erschien die Seite "American Megatrends...Diverse Systemangaben...CPU Fan Error Press F1 to Run SETUP"Ich habe F1 eingegeben. Eine Seite...
  4. Problem mit Lüfter

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem mit Lüfter: Hallo, ich habe anscheinend ein Problem mit dem Lüfter und kenne mich nicht gut mit der Materie aus. Gestern habe ich den PC gestartet. Es erschien die Seite "American Megatrends...Diverse Systemangaben...CPU Fan Error Press F1 to Run SETUP"Ich habe F1 eingegeben. Eine Seite...
  5. Problem mit Lüfter

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. CLSIDs listed by Security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    CLSIDs listed by Security: Windows Security has just started blocking and listing some CLSID files. I have not experienced this before and although I have tried reading some articles I am not at all clear what I should do about it. There is a lot which seems contradictory, ranging through do nothing,...
  7. Bluetooth mit Windows10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth mit Windows10?: Hello, I bought a Bluetooth adapter and plugged it into my PC. However, Windows does not show anything for Bluetooth. I cannot activate it in the settings. LG Mika Bluetooth mit Windows10?
  8. Clsid question

Clsid question: So I wonder clsid keep your pc from fully.trubing off I had a issue that I had to force close my pc a I notice a lot of yellow icons at clsid I did look up it it a identifier program for your pc but can it also make your pc unable shut off if not the string with...
  9. scannen mit cm6040

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    scannen mit cm6040: wo rufe ich den Befehl scannen auf meinem HP Laserjet CM6040 auf? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scannen-mit-cm6040/78fa0936-26db-4319-bc65-52a762fe4dcb
  10. CLSID Phone Scam?

CLSID Phone Scam?: I got a call today and believe the individual was trying to hack/scam my government/company/personal computer (don’t know which one). He (sounded form middle east, India maybe). You all have way more knowledge and contacts of/to determine what he was trying to do. Here is...