Windows 10: Scam by phone

Discus and support Scam by phone in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I received a phone call yesterday and today telling me that if I don't pay $299 they will cancel my microsoft account, since I don't have an account I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MicheleSholl, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Scam by phone

I received a phone call yesterday and today telling me that if I don't pay $299 they will cancel my microsoft account, since I don't have an account I told them to feel free to cancel it. They then started to direct me to anydesk.com. When I saw there was no mention of microsoft anywhere on this site I shut it down and hung up on them. Their phone number is 484-664-2896. Please investigate

Michele Sholl

:)

MicheleSholl, Jun 12, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User

Phone scam

I now get no more weird foreign voices claiming to be from Microsoft's technical dept and many other such scams. We have been inundated with rubbish calls- before I added a call blocker device this reached 6 or 7 a day.

In the UK service providers have added a new free service that means callers are challenged to leave a short message, then press #. My phone then rings, and I have the option to add the caller to my approved list, accept this call but not add it, or simply not take the call.

I can manually add numbers to the blocked or approved list on line or using my phone.

The downside is any valid service (library reservations, some bank services) that rely on automated calls fail.

I have asked my service provider to consider adding a way to temporarily suspend the service.

dalchina, Jun 12, 2019
  3. meebers Win User
    Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

Your list confirms my phone is eligible, Lumia 521. The windows Insider App fails after ~ 15 seconds, restores data and gives me error 80073cf9. I trouble shot this and went thru all the steps mentioned on several websites including MS without any luck. Short of a hard reset, this is where I am now. Suggestions appreciated.

meebers, Jun 12, 2019
  4. Scam by phone

Jsssssssss, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

Scam by phone

1. Scam by phone - Similar Threads - Scam phone

2. Mobile phone scam?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mobile phone scam?: I got a call from +18553308653 claiming to be Microsoft and asked me to press the pound key to confirm sign in. I did not sign in to Microsoft at all when this happened nor have I used my account that day yet a received this call....
  3. Mobile phone scam?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mobile phone scam?: I got a call from +18553308653 claiming to be Microsoft and asked me to press the pound key to confirm sign in. I did not sign in to Microsoft at all when this happened nor have I used my account that day yet a received this call....
  4. My laptop was lockedwith several popups stating it was part of a scam. The phone number...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop was lockedwith several popups stating it was part of a scam. The phone number...: My laptop was locked with several popups stating it was part of a scam. The phone number Iwas given was 02 89228908. Is this real? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-was-lockedwith-several-popups-stating-it/a2be660d-5d8f-4fa2-a404-e1c357248d17
  5. My laptop was lockedwith several popups stating it was part of a scam. The phone number...

My laptop was lockedwith several popups stating it was part of a scam. The phone number...: My laptop was locked with several popups stating it was part of a scam. The phone number Iwas given was 02 89228908. Is this real? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-was-lockedwith-several-popups-stating-it/a2be660d-5d8f-4fa2-a404-e1c357248d17
  6. My laptop was lockedwith several popups stating it was part of a scam. The phone number...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. MS Windows Defender and asks me to call a specific phone # to unlock. Is this valid or scam?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Windows Defender and asks me to call a specific phone # to unlock. Is this valid or scam?: My computer is locked up and showing a warning message that purports to be from MS Windows Defender with a phone # to call to unlock. How can I determine if this is a valid MS phone # to call or just a scam? Is it really unsafe to just use Task Manager to cancel and...
  8. MS Windows Defender and asks me to call a specific phone # to unlock. Is this valid or scam?

MS Windows Defender and asks me to call a specific phone # to unlock. Is this valid or scam?: My computer is locked up and showing a warning message that purports to be from MS Windows Defender with a phone # to call to unlock. How can I determine if this is a valid MS phone # to call or just a scam? Is it really unsafe to just use Task Manager to cancel and...
  9. Phone link app shows txt messages that have been flagged as scam or spam. ref 1053859562

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone link app shows txt messages that have been flagged as scam or spam. ref 1053859562: in the latest version of the Phonelink app on Windows v1.23032.196.0 Phone Link 1.23032.196.0 on Android - at the time of posting these appear to be the latest versionsmessages that are marked by my phone as scams or spam, and get hidden away on the phone messages app, don't...
  10. Phone link app shows txt messages that have been flagged as scam or spam. ref 1053859562

Phone link app shows txt messages that have been flagged as scam or spam. ref 1053859562: in the latest version of the Phonelink app on Windows v1.23032.196.0 Phone Link 1.23032.196.0 on Android - at the time of posting these appear to be the latest versionsmessages that are marked by my phone as scams or spam, and get hidden away on the phone messages app, don't...