Windows 10: Scam by phone

Discus and support Scam by phone in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I received a phone call yesterday and today telling me that if I don't pay $299 they will cancel my microsoft account, since I don't have an account I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MicheleSholl, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Scam by phone

I received a phone call yesterday and today telling me that if I don't pay $299 they will cancel my microsoft account, since I don't have an account I told them to feel free to cancel it. They then started to direct me to anydesk.com. When I saw there was no mention of microsoft anywhere on this site I shut it down and hung up on them. Their phone number is 484-664-2896. Please investigate

Michele Sholl

:)

MicheleSholl, Jun 12, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User

Phone scam

I now get no more weird foreign voices claiming to be from Microsoft's technical dept and many other such scams. We have been inundated with rubbish calls- before I added a call blocker device this reached 6 or 7 a day.

In the UK service providers have added a new free service that means callers are challenged to leave a short message, then press #. My phone then rings, and I have the option to add the caller to my approved list, accept this call but not add it, or simply not take the call.

I can manually add numbers to the blocked or approved list on line or using my phone.

The downside is any valid service (library reservations, some bank services) that rely on automated calls fail.

I have asked my service provider to consider adding a way to temporarily suspend the service.

dalchina, Jun 12, 2019
  3. meebers Win User
    Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

Your list confirms my phone is eligible, Lumia 521. The windows Insider App fails after ~ 15 seconds, restores data and gives me error 80073cf9. I trouble shot this and went thru all the steps mentioned on several websites including MS without any luck. Short of a hard reset, this is where I am now. Suggestions appreciated.

meebers, Jun 12, 2019
  4. Scam by phone

Jsssssssss, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

Scam by phone

1. Scam by phone - Similar Threads - Scam phone

2. Phone calls about MICROSOFT closing. Is this a scam?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Phone calls about MICROSOFT closing. Is this a scam?: I keep receiving calls from someone saying that my MS account is expiring and they are going to deduct 499.00 from my bank account or if I open my bank account they will refund my initial 299.95 by transferring from a CHASE account to my bank account. I refused to do this...
  3. W10 Support phone number for Trojan malware--SCAM??

W10 Support phone number for Trojan malware--SCAM??: while surfing on MS Edge a pop up window appeared indicating that my Firewall prevented an virus attack that will impact passwords, bank statement etc. And to call number 1.888.616.8566. I *67 the number and called it and the individual indicated that they work with MS...
  4. Phone Scam

Phone Scam: At 10:28 a.m. this morning I received a call from a "Microsoft Support Team" member names Aaron Mathew. He sounded foreign...maybe India. Anyway I was transferred to him from the first guy that I talked with. Aaron said there were issues with my IP address being...
  5. Unsolicited 'Microsoft Support' phone calls. Scam?

Unsolicited 'Microsoft Support' phone calls. Scam?: I have receive numerous calls claiming to be from Microsoft and that my W10 computer is at risk. Any info on this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unsolicited-microsoft-support-phone-calls-scam/b829a312-272b-4b69-be55-e8d91e4ddb5d"
  6. phone scam or real?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    phone scam or real?: I have gotten several calls over the past 2 mos. claiming to be with windows security and that my windows internet security has been turned off by a service not of the US, and I should make changes. if I have done so, to ignore this message. if I have not done so to call...
  7. Phone refund scam

Phone refund scam: Today April 8th 2019 I had a guy with a Mideastern or India accent call and tell me I was get a refund from Microsoft for 200 dollars which was funny I have not send Microsoft 200 dollars. Then he want me to give him access to my computer. I told him I don't give anyone...
  8. Scam phone calls

Scam phone calls: I've received several phone calls this morning using my home phone number to contact me saying that my Microsoft license and IP address will be shut off in 48 hour if I don't stay on the line and speak to someone from Microsoft. It was a robotic voice on the phone calling...
  9. phone scam??

phone scam??: I received an automated phone call supposedly from Microsoft claiming my Microsoft account was compromised internationally and to call them to change my product key and ip address!!!! This doesn't sound right. How can I verify that it is truly from Microsoft and not a scam?...
  10. Phone call on anti-virus software and renewal cost. Scam or not?

Phone call on anti-virus software and renewal cost. Scam or not?: I have been contacted by a very hard to understand group of Indian people saying I am going to be charged for $299+ for Microsoft anti-virus program on my computer if I do not let them via TeamViewer 14 help me remove it from my computer. I do not show any purchase in March...