Windows 10: Scam by phone

Discus and support Scam by phone in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I received a phone call yesterday and today telling me that if I don't pay $299 they will cancel my microsoft account, since I don't have an account I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MicheleSholl, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Scam by phone

I received a phone call yesterday and today telling me that if I don't pay $299 they will cancel my microsoft account, since I don't have an account I told them to feel free to cancel it. They then started to direct me to anydesk.com. When I saw there was no mention of microsoft anywhere on this site I shut it down and hung up on them. Their phone number is 484-664-2896. Please investigate

Michele Sholl

:)

MicheleSholl, Jun 12, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User

Phone scam

I now get no more weird foreign voices claiming to be from Microsoft's technical dept and many other such scams. We have been inundated with rubbish calls- before I added a call blocker device this reached 6 or 7 a day.

In the UK service providers have added a new free service that means callers are challenged to leave a short message, then press #. My phone then rings, and I have the option to add the caller to my approved list, accept this call but not add it, or simply not take the call.

I can manually add numbers to the blocked or approved list on line or using my phone.

The downside is any valid service (library reservations, some bank services) that rely on automated calls fail.

I have asked my service provider to consider adding a way to temporarily suspend the service.

dalchina, Jun 12, 2019
  3. meebers Win User
    Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

Your list confirms my phone is eligible, Lumia 521. The windows Insider App fails after ~ 15 seconds, restores data and gives me error 80073cf9. I trouble shot this and went thru all the steps mentioned on several websites including MS without any luck. Short of a hard reset, this is where I am now. Suggestions appreciated.

meebers, Jun 12, 2019
  4. Scam by phone

Jsssssssss, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

Scam by phone

1. Scam by phone - Similar Threads - Scam phone

2. Microsoft phone call - Scam?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft phone call - Scam?: Split from this thread. buy my son and laptop and someone from Microsoft today phone tell someone got is account and I got pay £ 200 to change is i p address account is the right do i pay it. IT ON A NEW LAPTOP HE HAD FOR CHRISTMAS . Can someone help please...
  3. think I was just scammed. Need help. provided email and phone # and new software was...

think I was just scammed. Need help. provided email and phone # and new software was...: NEED HELP. WebMatrix, LLC came on my screen after my computer was blocked, scanned my system and added new software to my system. I provided email phone # and an electronic check. I was sent documents and told that a license would be activated tomorrow when I called a...
  4. Scam Microsoft phone call.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Scam Microsoft phone call.: Hi, I received a phone call from a pretty obvious scammer who said he worked for Microsoft and that my computer had been hacked and taken over by foreign hackers. I was sure he was a scammer, but was curious to find out what he wanted to do, so played him along for about 30...
  5. Windows defender phone scam

Windows defender phone scam: Got a call from 240-542-6162 phone number based out of Maryland. They told me that I would be charged 312 dollars for Windows Defender if I did not opt out- The recording sounder like a 1985 robcop gone bad and then they transferred me to someone that had crumbled english and...
  6. Phone scam for Microsoft to reset IP address

Phone scam for Microsoft to reset IP address: I just received a call from 1 501-655-3432 and the automated voice advised me that several unknown persons had breached the IP address on several of my devices. The caller went on to say to have the IP address changed, to stop this press one. The caller also stated that the...
  7. scam phone laptop

in Cortana
    scam phone laptop: Scam on my phone and my email https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scam-phone-laptop/acc8a391-a0f6-48df-af6f-8a1b63021243
  8. Been scammed by phone number 8033-409-0200

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Been scammed by phone number 8033-409-0200: My neighbor got a call from the above number claiming to be from Microsoft and saying that there system was going to be shut down. He was told that Microsoft would fix the problem and to let a technician in. He did! Now, everytime the system starts, it runs for 5 minutes...
  9. SCAM PHONE CALL

SCAM PHONE CALL: I received a call from a Private Number with an Indian accent. He said to me that he was from Microsoft Tech Support and that my computer has been sending them many warning and error messages. I was sketchy and asked him, is this a scam, and he kept saying no it isn't and...
  10. Phone Scam call

Phone Scam call: I received a call message from someone telling me that my computer had been compromised and the strange thing is that the caller id was my home phone number calling me on my home phone? Then just a few minutes ago it happened again. I answered the phone this time and was...