Windows 10: scam call hack

Discus and support scam call hack in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; how do I rest my computer after a scam call https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/scam-call-hack/4b0228f3-f2d8-4fa4-bb93-345ca3a3c6dd Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by KristiMcQuinn, Mar 4, 2020.

1. scam call hack

how do I rest my computer after a scam call

:)

KristiMcQuinn, Mar 4, 2020
  2. Smeed Win User
    Smeed, Mar 4, 2020
  3. Old_hand Win User
    Hack Scam

I'm just mentioning this in case anyone else gets one. I went onto a link viaIE11
    [seemed respectable - no MSN Warnings] for music downloads, and a
    window appeared to say I'd been hacked, this hacker was trying to
    hack "their" webpage and I had to call a free number listed to get my
    Internet Explorer Unlocked
    as "they" had had to lock it for "their safety". Needless to say I didn't call them, and
    Win Def didn't find anything.

IE wasn't affected, either. How these scammers are linking to
    Users perhaps only a technician can tell. There are numerous Help
    Pages on the net to check if one has been hacked, and
    they wouldn't have to coax one to phone them if they could penetrate MSN
    defences via a web page. I haven't included any details because this particular scam is local.

Old_hand, Mar 4, 2020
  4. Smeed Win User
Thema:

scam call hack

1. scam call hack - Similar Threads - scam call hack

2. Scam Calls

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Scam Calls: I have been receiving calls on landline for the past 3 days saying that my IP address is compromised and license is going to be deactivated. Is this a scam? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scam-calls/8d8093fe-d206-4643-9024-f8d6d7959057
  3. Scam calls

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Scam calls: Avast and windows defender Virus and fake tech support never do a fake free gift-card just like this this is a scam don't go to it[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/scam-calls/96dd9244-d803-48cd-8d88-47d09095ef3a
  4. Scam call..

Scam call..: HAVE BEEN RECEIVING SEVERAL SCAM CALLS LATELY CLAIMING TO BE MICROSOFT AGENTS SAYING THAT MY COMPUTER IS AT RISK OF LOSING ALL OF MY INFORMATION AND THAT I NEED TO CALL THIS NUMBER IMMEDIATELY FOR UPDATES ON DRIVERS ETC. I HAVE TIRED TO CALL BACK BUT NO ONE EVER ANSWERS. THIS...
  5. Microsoft Hacking Scam!

Microsoft Hacking Scam!: I made a big mistake! My daughter calls me over saying her computer is being hacked. It showed a message claiming to be from Microsoft saying a virus is on her computer and to call the Microsoft Support number on the screen. I call the number, a woman with an Indian accent...
  6. Scam call

Scam call: I just had a phone call from Microsoft, 855-000-0955, stating that my computer has been compromised. Is this a scam call? Would Microsoft ever call me with this kind of information?...
  7. Was this call a scam?!??

Was this call a scam?!??: i just recieved a call. They said they were from microsoft cybersecurity office. They told me that my microsoft Ip address was being used by someone else illegally. I asked them for proof if they were really from microsoft and apparently they already knew my unique ip...
  8. Possible hacking scams

Possible hacking scams: Just in the last couple of days, a laptop that my husband was using had several popups. One is one of the red screen alerts and another was an automated recording with a place to put your Microsoft user id and password. In the recording it kept saying that my laptop had a...
  9. Scam calls

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Scam calls: Can somebody out there help me PLEASE. The last two nights I have been woken by "this is Microsoft" . The calls came Wednesday 7/11/18 11:30p.m. and 7/12/18 12:15 a.m. Friday 7/13/18 at 12:00a.m. and 12:30 a.m. Help please...
  10. Email hack / Scam

Email hack / Scam: I am receiving around 40 email over the last few days with the title account update. These are coming as Microsoft or outlook. I have tried to block them but they are all coming from different email address as spam. This is the actual text in the mail Security info...