Windows 10: Scam call

Discus and support Scam call in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I just had a phone call from Microsoft, 855-000-0955, stating that my computer has been compromised. Is this a scam call? Would Microsoft ever call me... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PattieHorning, Nov 12, 2018.

1. Scam call

I just had a phone call from Microsoft, 855-000-0955, stating that my computer has been compromised. Is this a scam call? Would Microsoft ever call me with this kind of information?

:)

PattieHorning, Nov 12, 2018
  2. Jsssssssss, Nov 12, 2018
Thema:

Scam call

1. Scam call - Similar Threads - Scam call

2. scam calling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    scam calling: so i went on this website and it said my pc has been locked so i called there number for it and it was a scam number and i went on task manager and ended chrome but the thing is i want to bring this to your attention than not know but can i talk to an agent to resolve my...
  3. scam calling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    scam calling: so i went on this website and it said my pc has been locked so i called there number for it and it was a scam number and i went on task manager and ended chrome but the thing is i want to bring this to your attention than not know but can i talk to an agent to resolve my...
  4. scam calling

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Anyone get a bank scam after calling a fake Microsoft Security Helpline number?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Anyone get a bank scam after calling a fake Microsoft Security Helpline number?: I've seen other posts on here about fake security hotline numbers, but here's what happens when you call them.My dad was trying to pay a bill online and did not get very far, when all these pop ups started coming up on the computer saying "do not restart your computer" and...
  6. Anyone get a bank scam after calling a fake Microsoft Security Helpline number?

Anyone get a bank scam after calling a fake Microsoft Security Helpline number?: I've seen other posts on here about fake security hotline numbers, but here's what happens when you call them.My dad was trying to pay a bill online and did not get very far, when all these pop ups started coming up on the computer saying "do not restart your computer" and...
  7. Anyone get a bank scam after calling a fake Microsoft Security Helpline number?

8. I recently got the whole computer locked scam and I called the number and just hung up....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I recently got the whole computer locked scam and I called the number and just hung up....: I'm worried I wad hacked even though I didn't talk to anyone and just exited the program . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-recently-got-the-whole-computer-locked-scam-and/18aa1eec-db39-43b1-b27a-06c74efe51b3
  9. I recently got the whole computer locked scam and I called the number and just hung up....

I recently got the whole computer locked scam and I called the number and just hung up....: I'm worried I wad hacked even though I didn't talk to anyone and just exited the program . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-recently-got-the-whole-computer-locked-scam-and/18aa1eec-db39-43b1-b27a-06c74efe51b3
  10. I recently got the whole computer locked scam and I called the number and just hung up....