Windows 10: Scam Calls Claiming To Be From Microsoft

Discus and support Scam Calls Claiming To Be From Microsoft in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have gotten several calls, from an individual with a foreign accent, regarding "issues" with my Windows, and of course have hung up on theses calls.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RMIngram Photos, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Scam Calls Claiming To Be From Microsoft

I have gotten several calls, from an individual with a foreign accent, regarding "issues" with my Windows, and of course have hung up on theses calls. Today, I received a different approach: "I am calling from Microsoft (foreign accent). The company that fixed your computer (did not happen) on behalf of Microsoft. The company is said to be out of business, and Microsoft wants to refund my $25.00. Really? First, no one can fix a computer problem for $25.00. What may happen next is they would probably ask for a bank account number so they can direct deposit the refund. Nice try. Beware, be computer safe!

:)

RMIngram Photos, Oct 30, 2018
  2. Arul_D Win User

I received a call from someone claiming to be Microsoft

Hello Amy,

Microsoft does not make any unsolicited call to customers. I suggest you to refer to the following suggestions provided by SpiritX
    MS MVP replied on July 27, 2012 and check if it helps.

I received a phone call from someone claiming to be from Microsoft and wanting to access my computer. Is this a scam

I received a phone call from someone claiming to be from Microsoft and wanting to access my computer. Is this a scam?

Keep us posted if you face any issues on Windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Arul_D, Oct 31, 2018
  3. Jsssssssss, Oct 31, 2018
  4. ste2425 Win User

Scam Calls Claiming To Be From Microsoft

Another phone call scam pretending to be Microsoft

A thread was posted on another forum I frequent about a phone call scam where they claim to be Microsoft and ask you install some things to repair the security breach they've detected.

Thought id post the number used here to make you guys n gals aware in case you get a phone call.

number is : 0203 286 9239
    Apparently the lad who started the thread Googled it and its a 'Cost Trap'.

Thread is here (I realise it's against the rules but due to its nature thought it might be helpful. Pm me if not and ill remove it.) :

Just had a phone call....... - Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum

So yea, Heads up.

Shame we don't have some form of list of all these numbers, I bet people on here get it quite often.

ste2425, Oct 31, 2018
Thema:

Scam Calls Claiming To Be From Microsoft

1. Scam Calls Claiming To Be From Microsoft - Similar Threads - Scam Calls Claiming

2. Are calls from "Microsoft" genuine or a scam?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Are calls from "Microsoft" genuine or a scam?: I am receiving calls claiming to be from Microsoft saying that my PC has been compromised by hackers. I have been scammed before like that so I decline to continue with the call. They then tell me that, because I will not continue with the call, my Microsoft licence will be...
  3. Phone call claiming to be Windows Maintenance, is this a scam?

Phone call claiming to be Windows Maintenance, is this a scam?: In 2012 there was a discussion topic re calls from Microsoft Windows Computer Maintenance Department. These calls have re-appeared lately july 2021, we get several a day. Obviously these calls are a scam. Now I wonder if they can be counter attacked, or at least played with....
  4. Reporting a scam or phishing phone claiming to be from Microsoft

Reporting a scam or phishing phone claiming to be from Microsoft: We've had quite a few scam-phishing phone calls to our landline, showing that number and the recorded name says Allison calling from Microsoft. I've heard it a few times and something about the license expiring. I know Microsoft doesn't call and when a product is up for...
  5. Scam: Someone called and claimed to be from Microsoft

Scam: Someone called and claimed to be from Microsoft: I RANG PHONE NUMBER ON SCAM POP UP AND FOLLOWED SOME OF CALLERS INSTRUCTIONS WHAT SHALL I DO NOW [Original Title: SCAM FROM MICROSOFT] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/scam-someone-called-and-claimed-to-be-from/ae27a278-6d64-4000-be70-f74c502a1da9
  6. Scam: I have been receiving calls from someone claiming to be from Microsoft service

Scam: I have been receiving calls from someone claiming to be from Microsoft service: I have been receiving calls from someone with a Indian accent, claiming I have a Microsoft service that I got when I purchased my computer. They are telling me that I need to login to my computer and they will help me cancel this service or I will be charged $399.00 on my...
  7. Scam: Someone Called and Claimed to be From Microsoft

Scam: Someone Called and Claimed to be From Microsoft: Just received call saying it was from Microsoft and that they were charging my account $299.00 for something. I have never ordered anything from Microsoft for $299.00 so just hung up. Just alerting that there is a telephone scam about Microsoft. [Original Title: Scam]...
  8. Someone called and claim to be from Microsoft

Someone called and claim to be from Microsoft: Yesterday, I received a call from a tech that said he was from Microsoft responding to a request for service. He performed a scan on my PC and found a Torpig Malware. He talked my into removing it and adding Microsoft 365 to my machine etc. He was from a company called...
  9. Scam calls from Microsoft

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Scam calls from Microsoft: Is there anywhere to report the phone numbers that these scammers are calling from? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scam-calls-from-microsoft/3dd5885e-04dc-4338-bd0b-e21b81b0355b
  10. Call from someone claiming to be from Microsoft.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Call from someone claiming to be from Microsoft.: I received a call today from a person claiming to be from Microsoft. They were telling me that my service was going to be terminated in 48 hours because my ip address was compromised by several other countries. Please help me to look into this "problem" with my ip address....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. phone call claiming to be from Micro Soft

2. Is that call from Microsoft a scam?

3. calls claiming to be from microsoft

4. scam call claiming to be Microsoft