Windows 10: Scam concerning the purchase of an app

Discus and support Scam concerning the purchase of an app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I was informed that I had ordered Mobile Legend Bang-Bang 5,000Diamonds at a cost of $36.69 and paid for it by credit card link. The email did not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Randee Rae Martin, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Scam concerning the purchase of an app

I was informed that I had ordered Mobile Legend Bang-Bang 5,000Diamonds at a cost of $36.69 and paid for it

by credit card link. The email did not say what credit card but merely credit card link. I was given the order number called the app store and they told me that according to their records I had not purchased it and the app was also free. Not clear as to

why the perpetrated this type of fraud. I have not as yet checked my bank account to see if there was a purchase

:)

Randee Rae Martin, Jun 19, 2019

2. Staff Pad in-app Purchase

Hello Sharon,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community Forums. We are glad to help you.

To serve you better, please share this:

Are you trying to purchase the app from Windows Store?

Try the below methods and check:

Method 1: I would suggest you to run the inbuilt app troubleshooter.

Follow the steps:

• Press “Windows” + “X” and select Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting and select View all on left hand side of the screen.

• Select the App and follow the instruction to troubleshoot.

Method 2: I suggest you to follow the steps below to reset the Windows store:

• Press the “Win Logo” + “R”

• Type: WSReset.exe and press “Enter”.

• Restart the computer and check.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thanks and regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Jun 19, 2019
  3. Cannot Make In App Purchases

Hi Arthur,

Thank you for posting in Community.

We understand your concern and we will provide the assistance required to help you resolve the issue.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

• Are you facing the same issue when you trying to install free apps?
    • Does the issue persist only to purchased apps?

If the issue prolongs only to purchased apps, I suggest that you contact our sales and billing department as they will be better equipped to help you resolve the issue. To contact the above department click on the link below

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/DisplayHelpContactUsPage/

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Jun 19, 2019
  4. Scam concerning the purchase of an app

Unable to purchase app in store

Hello Nraina thank you for posting.

Here are some suggestions you can try in order to solve this issue.

• I would suggest you log with your Microsoft Account on
      https://account.live.com make sure your birth date, time&date and the time zone are correct.

• If you are having this issue on your Windows Phone, please check the time and date on the phone as well (<<settings <<time&date) and set them on manual.

• Please also log with the same Microsoft account to
      http://www.xbox.com
      and make sure you have created you Gamertag.

• As a last step, please just do a soft reset of the phone (if the issues are on you r Windows Phone)
    Press and hold the Power and Volume down buttons for 20 seconds, until the phone vibrates. Once it vibrates, release the buttons and the phone should restart.

Here is another forum posting that might be helpful.

Unable to Purchase an App in Windows Store

Kind Regards

Vladimir Mi, Jun 19, 2019
Thema:

Scam concerning the purchase of an app

1. Scam concerning the purchase of an app - Similar Threads - Scam concerning purchase

2. Phone app concern

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone app concern: I recently updated from windows 8 to windows 10. I want to use the phone app but it keep crashing. What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/phone-app-concern/b6bd5172-32d5-4ad7-b9b9-d4c4e0820679
  3. Phone app concern

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phone app concern: I recently updated from windows 8 to windows 10. I want to use the phone app but it keep crashing. What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/phone-app-concern/b6bd5172-32d5-4ad7-b9b9-d4c4e0820679
  4. Phone app concern

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Scam: email ask me to purchase subscription

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Scam: email ask me to purchase subscription: I received a email stating I had purchased a subscription for 399.00 I did not do this. I googled the telephone number which is listed as a scam. I want to make sure I am not charged for this. Lannett[Original Title: Scam.]...
  6. Purchase Fraud or scam

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Purchase Fraud or scam: I received an email indicating that I had purchased a program, Windows Defender Protection for $399. I did not order this program. What should I do? Dan Geffner https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/purchase-fraud-or-scam/bd2a5ab4-3e42-4e78-8c31-23f3e1d27cfe
  7. Concern about possible scam

Concern about possible scam: I keep getting a message on my desktop that says "Some of your accounts require attention", asking me to go to Shared Experiences under Settings to "fix it". I am concerned this is some type of scam. Is this legitimate?...
  8. IObit purchase and concern

IObit purchase and concern: I just purchased the IObit Uninstaller. I gave them access to install it on my computer. After this was completed, I was transferred to somebody who ran some tests and tried to tell me my computer had problems like a lot of junk files and registry errors. I never had an...
  9. In app purchase

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In app purchase: I have downloaded Planner 5d app and i need to purchase premium plus feature but I cant because the billing in the app does not include my address am in kenya what can i do...
  10. Microsoft Purchase Scam

Microsoft Purchase Scam: Hey guys 1st time here, just thought I'd share this since I haven't seen anyone else report this. Anyways this is another scam similar to the ones where you'll get spooked into contacting a listed "Microsoft tech support". A support who sounds like he just learned english...