Windows 10: scam emails sent from my account

Discus and support scam emails sent from my account in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am sending out scam emails from my account loads of them. I can see them in my sent folder. I cant change my password as I updated my security... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by dartmart, May 11, 2020.

1. dartmart Win User

scam emails sent from my account

I am sending out scam emails from my account loads of them. I can see them in my sent folder. I cant change my password as I updated my security information and cant get into my account until 23/5/20, I tried to recover my account but don't seem to give enough right answers,

These scam emails are going out to people that I don't know. I downloaded the Microsoft safety scanner that found malware virtoolwin32/defendertamperingrestore and deleted it 3 times, had a run of 2 days clear and thought it was gone but no its back again.

I have scanned my computer again and nothing is detected, nothing else on my computer seems to be affected.

any ideas????

:)

dartmart, May 11, 2020
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, May 11, 2020
  3. BobBarr Win User
    New steam scam/Phising attempt

did you forward it to valve? i know someone on my friends list that sent them an email about a scam thing some time ago and was rewarded =D

BobBarr, May 11, 2020
  4. webJockey Win User

email account hacked. please help

I have a yahoo email account that seems to be hacked. Following are hacking activities I have noticed.

1) Spam emails being sent from my account to my account and my recovery email account.
    2) Recent emails in inbox are missing
    3) New emails in deleted mails folder

I have reset passwords for both my email account and recovery email account and also re-installed my mac but still spam emails are being sent from my account to my account and my recovery email account.

My mac was not even turned on when those emails were being sent. No one else knows my password. I do access mail from my iphone and ipad too.

Its my primary email account please help.

Thanks

webJockey, May 11, 2020
Thema:

1. scam emails sent from my account - Similar Threads - scam emails sent

2. Why does my gmail account have no sent email?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my gmail account have no sent email?: I have no email in the SENT folder even though I have sent mail. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-gmail-account-have-no-sent-email/21c6939b-bf3a-4b9b-aa39-a3f9f6bd57c8
  3. Why does my gmail account have no sent email?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my gmail account have no sent email?: I have no email in the SENT folder even though I have sent mail. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-gmail-account-have-no-sent-email/21c6939b-bf3a-4b9b-aa39-a3f9f6bd57c8
  4. Scam Email??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scam Email??: I revived this email however I DID Not Renew or Sign Up for Anything. I'm thinking it is a Scam. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scam-email/7586457e-1f75-46d0-991a-33466a9cc526
  5. Email from Microsoft? Is this a scam?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Email from Microsoft? Is this a scam?: Auto-Renewal $249.99 Charged Successfully. Dear Valued Customer, Thank you for your Order. Invoice #011215-102020 Receipt #0061 Amount Charged : $249.99 Product Renewed: MS Defender ATP If you have any questions or wish to stop Auto Renewal, Please call our Help Desk...
  6. Missing content from sent emails.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing content from sent emails.: When I try to review emails I have sent, most, but not all are missing the content I wrote. How can this be fixed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-content-from-sent-emails/95babf35-6a9b-4809-b50f-55cebb0d20d1
  7. Why are my sent emails not in the sent box?!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why are my sent emails not in the sent box?!: Why are my sent emails not in the sent box? How do I fix this? I've followed the previous threads posted and everything appears to be checked off for this to work? No, they are not in the outbox either?...
  8. sending scam emails from my email address

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    sending scam emails from my email address: my email address is sending out scam emails thousands of them ive recently updated my security information and cannot change my password until 23/5/20. I can see the emails in my sent folder, I have been in contact with outlook support and although they have checked my...
  9. email scam?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    email scam?: I've been receiving emails stating my Windows10 will expire soon. Is this a legit email? Also is there a phone number for support? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-scam/fd20a1ff-bf69-4278-8089-b23decf709dd
  10. Sent Emails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sent Emails: Suddenly all the emails in my sent file transferred to the in box. Why. How do I get them back again there are over 2000 of them. Also everytime I want to send an email I have to put my password in? Thanks...