Windows 10: Scam /hackers system warning 1/11/2018

Discus and support Scam /hackers system warning 1/11/2018 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; message come onto screen 'system warning Your windows system is damaged version 10 along with a piercing alarm and the only wat to turn off alarm was... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by philipmortimer, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Scam /hackers system warning 1/11/2018

message come onto screen 'system warning Your windows system is damaged version 10 along with a piercing alarm and the only wat to turn off alarm was to remove batteries Message had a logo similar tom windows , was this an official microsoft warning Phil

:)

philipmortimer, Nov 5, 2018
  2. Smeed Win User

Scam /hackers system warning 1/11/2018

No that's not an official Microsoft warning.

Any kind of warnings/alerts which pop up in your browser are fake.

A scam.

Do not call those scammers. Don't allow access to your computer.

If you can't close your browser in a normal way this should help: Open Task Manager (press Ctrl + Shift + Esc on your keyboard) and in the tab Processes end all browser processes.

Suggestion to read:

-
    Protect yourself from tech support scams

-
    Beware of Phony Tech Support Scams

Lots of your browsing experience depends on your own habits and actions. A good ad blocker definitely helps and should prevent these types of pop ups.

Personally I use uBlock Origin.

Suggestion to read:
    How to tighten security and increase privacy on your browser - Malwarebytes Labs | Malwarebytes Labs

In addition you might want to run some scans with Malwarebytes, Emsisoft, see this

List of Malware Removal Tools

and AdwCleaner, see here:
    https://www.malwarebytes.com/adwcleaner/

You might also want to reset your browser, see if you have any weird extensions/add-ons...

Smeed, Nov 6, 2018
  3. Scam /hackers system warning 1/11/2018

message come onto screen 'system warning Your windows system is damaged version 10 along with a piercing alarm and the only wat to turn off alarm was to remove batteries Message had a logo similar tom windows , was this an official microsoft warning Phil

philipmortimer, Nov 6, 2018
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Hi Phil, Well done for being suspicious, you would be amazed how many users fall for this!

This is a well known Tech Support SCAM

All they are trying to do is get control of your PC, they will cause your PC to become corrupt and then require you to pay to have it fixed and even though you might pay them, they will not fix it!

Do not give them Remote Access to your PC

Do not give them any personal details

Do not pay them

DaveM121, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Scam /hackers system warning 1/11/2018 - Similar Threads - Scam hackers system

2. WARNING! SCAM!! Window Defender Platinum Invoice

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WARNING! SCAM!! Window Defender Platinum Invoice: Yes! I intentionally misspelled the words, because that is what Scammers do and how to identify. Microsoft Windows users beware! This scam, originally mentioned in this forum in 2021, is BACK! It is a Scam!!!!!!KM...
  3. microsoft security warning scam phone 1-888-970-5117

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    microsoft security warning scam phone 1-888-970-5117: While ELDERLY USER searching for COD RECIPE.CLICKED ON "SOMETHING"GOOGLE CHROME POPUP "microsoft security warning phone 1-888-970-5117"RESOLVED: TASK MANAGER "END TASK" GOOGLE CHROMEFULL VIRUS SCAN - NO THREATS FOUNDGOOGLE CHROME SECURITY CHECK - OKPASS IT ON...
  4. scam with microsoft warning and international charges

scam with microsoft warning and international charges: received a pop up on a new computer saying an error occurred and to call the 800 number. I called and gave access to the person saying they were Microsoft tech support. They found that Russian hackers had accessed and used my credit card for a **** and in China for gambling....
  5. SYSTEM WARNING

in Windows 10 Customization
    SYSTEM WARNING: All of a sudden I get this pop up message: Then it goes to a program to download: OneSafe PC Cleaner. Should I worry about this? And how do I stop it this message from popping up.[ATTACH]...
  6. Scam "Warning Screen"?

Scam "Warning Screen"?: In the middle of checking emails and diverting to a familiar site I've accessed before, I received an alert warning with a loud alarm sound and a voice (computerized) stating that and attempt was made to access my system, but Windows Smart Screen prevented an unrecognized app...
  7. Phone scam and/or pop-up security warning purporting to be from Microsoft 8/22/2018

Phone scam and/or pop-up security warning purporting to be from Microsoft 8/22/2018: Several times yesterday and again today, August 22, 2018, I received phone calls at my home which showed my name and my phone number as the calling party on my caller ID. When I finally decided to answer today, I got a recording purporting to be from Microsoft saying my IP...
  8. Microsoft Warning scam

Microsoft Warning scam: So I started my laptop today and I was gonna watch youtube so I turned on the volume and I am hearing about a spyware and the possibility of my laptop being disabled, so I looked into it and found out about the scam. I hear what I've read the warnings say but i dont get any...
  9. Red Scam Warning in Browser

Red Scam Warning in Browser: A little while ago, shortly after booting the computer and launching Chrome, the Yahoo! home page got replaced with a red page about some sort of malware attack on my computer, complete with recorded voice warning. Considering that Avast and Malwarebytes both found nothing,...
  10. UK scam warning.

UK scam warning.: DVLA email scam offers motorists car tax refund | Cars | Life & Style | Express.co.uk 86641

Users found this page by searching for:

1. system warning your windows system is damaged

2. your windows system is damaged system warning

3. windows 10 obsolete warning scam

4. keep getting windows system is damage 8.1 is this a scam,
  5. your windows system is damaged scam warning,
  6. keep getting warning my windows system is damaged,
  7. system warning pop up your windows system is damaged,
  8. phone scam hackers