Windows 10: Scam or legit call?

Discus and support Scam or legit call? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I just got a phone call from someone purporting to be from Microsoft. How can I verify that it really is Microsoft? The call came from 615/423-4755.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PaulFroehlich1, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Scam or legit call?

I just got a phone call from someone purporting to be from Microsoft. How can I verify that it really is Microsoft? The call came from 615/423-4755. The recording said my software has been compromised and I need a new license. Is this legit?

:)

PaulFroehlich1, Jan 17, 2019

2. phone scam or legit?

No legit tech support will ever call you to solicit. This is a scam.

If you need help, ask here in the forums where you have experts to some of the top experts who volunteer their time to help.

You can also if it's more urgent and can't wait contact
    Microsoft Support
    via the phone or by opening the Contact Support app in Start menu.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Jan 17, 2019
  3. Dani Pun Win User
    phone scam or legit?

Hi Marion,

We are not tied up to a company named MacroSolutions nor to the phone number given 800 476 3134. We advise for you to

report this as scam
    through the link provided.

Also, please check these link for tips and information on how to
    avoid these type of scam that uses the Microsoft name fraudulently
    and to
    avoid technical support scams

If you see errors in the Event Logs, you can run sfc
    (System File Checker) through command prompt. The System File Checker will allow you to scan and restore corruptions in Windows system files. To run it:

• Right-click (or press and hold) the Start button, then select
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Enter sfc
      /scannow (note the space between "sfc" and "/").

Let us know how it works.

Dani Pun, Jan 17, 2019
  4. Edwin Win User

Scam or legit call?

Scanguard: Legit or scam? What is the truth?

While the company and it's software seem legit, I would call it a scam! They just want your money.
    From what I've read, if you run the trial version, it creates, seemingly, a bunch of false positives in an attempt to get you to purchase the full version.
    Personally, with Windows 10, I think any 3rd party security is a waste of time and money.

Edwin, Jan 17, 2019
Thema:

Scam or legit call?

1. Scam or legit call? - Similar Threads - Scam legit call

2. scam or legit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    scam or legit: Me and my boss keeps receiving an email to this guy cali villegas claiming that he is from microsoft. he said that we need to pay a 2,088 dollars for the balance client access license plus the penalty is this legit? by the way the email he uses is from gmail.i need help with...
  3. scam or legit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    scam or legit: Me and my boss keeps receiving an email to this guy cali villegas claiming that he is from microsoft. he said that we need to pay a 2,088 dollars for the balance client access license plus the penalty is this legit? by the way the email he uses is from gmail.i need help with...
  4. scam or legit

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. CryptoTab Legit or Scam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CryptoTab Legit or Scam: Just finished doing some research on CryptoTab.After watching a video on it, it reminded me of the same marketing technique used by the hidden people from Bitconnect. Anyone remember them? LMAOWell, the CryptoTab domain is private. The company info can't be found and they...
  6. CryptoTab Legit or Scam

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CryptoTab Legit or Scam: Just finished doing some research on CryptoTab.After watching a video on it, it reminded me of the same marketing technique used by the hidden people from Bitconnect. Anyone remember them? LMAOWell, the CryptoTab domain is private. The company info can't be found and they...
  7. Is this Legit or Scam?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is this Legit or Scam?: Hi recived mail from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** is this a legit mail? [Original Title: Mail] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/is-this-legit-or-scam/b69a33dd-79c6-4ce5-a50f-344b8d9181b4
  8. Isumsoft legit or scam?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Isumsoft legit or scam?: Hi, I was wondering if anyone on here has any experience with this company and it's software. I've seen previous posts related to the company, but not many. My only concern, is the bad reviews the company has. Most are complaining about the customer service, or the product...
  9. Is this legit or is this a scam?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is this legit or is this a scam?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/HistoryLord802 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e2sr1p/is_this_legit_or_is_this_a_scam/
  10. Scam or legit?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Scam or legit?: 8-23-19 Received call today from a guy stating he was from MSN by name of Addi Wilson. He said he was a Senior System Engineer. Stated I have numerous viruses, malware and 3 episodes of someone trying to hack into system. Seemed legit to me so I gave him access to my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. legit call? 603-759-8790 scam

2. legitment call

3. windows phone call scam ireland 2019