Windows 10: Scam or not

Discus and support Scam or not in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I got a call from a computer company today and they said my windows will expire in a few days, I bought my window 10 and installed it, So I don't think... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by FrankDurham1, Jul 12, 2019.

1. Scam or not

I got a call from a computer company today and they said my windows will expire in a few days, I bought my window 10 and installed it, So I don't think it will expire.

:)

FrankDurham1, Jul 12, 2019
  2. Smeed Win User
    Smeed, Jul 12, 2019
  3. Smeed Win User

Scam or not

Smeed, Jul 12, 2019
Thema:

Scam or not

1. Scam or not - Similar Threads - Scam

2. Microsoft windows security scam (Supremo)

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft windows security scam (Supremo): We got a call that we would be charged 299.99 to renew our firewall protection automatically unless we called 360 208 8462. When we called the people could barely speak English (Asian). They asked us to download the Supremo program which we did, but then they started asking...
  3. Seeing the Microsoft account problem pop-up message. Scam or Not?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Seeing the Microsoft account problem pop-up message. Scam or Not?: I just logged onto my laptop I have windows 10. I had a pop-up message saying- "Microsoft account problem. We need to fix your microsoft account. (Most likely your password changed). select here to fix it in shared experiences settings." I do not know if this is a scam or...
  4. Save yourself email scam

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Save yourself email scam: Got an email from save yourself emails cam demanding bitcoins to stop the destruction. How do I remove it, it had one of my passwords https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/save-yourself-email-scam/95eeaf45-a62a-4fc6-ae14-ec4aa92dd965
  5. Your device is running an older version of Windows 10—Scam or Genuine?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Your device is running an older version of Windows 10—Scam or Genuine?: I opened Edge today and got this message: "Your device is running an older version of Windows 10. To continue to receive security updates and enjoy the latest features Windows 10 has to offer, you need to update your device to a newer version of Windows 10," and I downloaded...
  6. Scam "Warning Screen"?

Scam "Warning Screen"?: In the middle of checking emails and diverting to a familiar site I've accessed before, I received an alert warning with a loud alarm sound and a voice (computerized) stating that and attempt was made to access my system, but Windows Smart Screen prevented an unrecognized app...
  7. e-mail scam

e-mail scam: I just need an e-mail address so I can send the scam mail I get. I'm sure Microsoft would like to know whos trying to bug there clients. This way when I get a bad e-mail I can forward to MSN for you to take whatever action you need to take to eradicate these crooks. An...
  8. Possibled scam

Possibled scam: Over the last couple days my lap top has a error message pop up, It states my computer has harmful virus install call mico soft tech at 1 716-406-4636 9 this legit. Microsoft support...
  9. SCAM

SCAM: I also have received phone calls from hackers.How do I know this update is safe ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scam/22dc60bc-b739-4e65-b39f-1cef80626145"
  10. friend victim of scam

friend victim of scam: My friend received a call from "Apple" who told him he had been hacked by someone from another country and they needed to take over his dell computer and iphone to fix the problem. he let them install remote control software and it came to him that it might not be "Apple" at...