Windows 10: Scam or real

Discus and support Scam or real in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Yesterday my computer froze and I got a message to call a number that said it was for Microsoft help. I was told I had been hacked and needed to fix my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by NEKrebel, Apr 29, 2019.

1. NEKrebel Win User

Scam or real

Yesterday my computer froze and I got a message to call a number that said it was for Microsoft help. I was told I had been hacked and needed to fix my laptop. The fee was $799. Is this legitimate?

:)

NEKrebel, Apr 29, 2019

2. Upgrade - Real or Scam

This morning I got the following message when I started up: Based on your update settings, this PC is entitled to an upgrade.

1. Is this real or a scam?

2. Where did this come from?

3. If this is a long running scam, why did Microsoft security and/or my firewall not block it?

DenisFredrick, Apr 29, 2019
  3. Smeed Win User
Thema:

Scam or real

1. Scam or real - Similar Threads - Scam real

2. Is this real? or a scam?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is this real? or a scam?: There's a popup on my screen asking me to call 1-855-427-9362. I dont trust this popup. Please tell me what to do? And leave my computer alone!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-this-real-or-a-scam/db1c50ea-8430-4d58-90c8-21bca550aaa6
  3. Is this real? or a scam?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is this real? or a scam?: There's a popup on my screen asking me to call 1-855-427-9362. I dont trust this popup. Please tell me what to do? And leave my computer alone!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-this-real-or-a-scam/db1c50ea-8430-4d58-90c8-21bca550aaa6
  4. See screenshot of message on my pc. Is this real or a scam? I need to get info off this...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    See screenshot of message on my pc. Is this real or a scam? I need to get info off this...: See screenshot of message on my pc. Is this valid or a scam? I need to access info on this computer TODAY. Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/see-screenshot-of-message-on-my-pc-is-this-real-or/1d89b338-4c94-4d09-af30-f1ae11c738e4
  5. See screenshot of message on my pc. Is this real or a scam? I need to get info off this...

See screenshot of message on my pc. Is this real or a scam? I need to get info off this...: See screenshot of message on my pc. Is this valid or a scam? I need to access info on this computer TODAY. Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/see-screenshot-of-message-on-my-pc-is-this-real-or/1d89b338-4c94-4d09-af30-f1ae11c738e4
  6. Is it real or a scam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it real or a scam: Hi, i got an email from "Microsoft account team" saying someone has logged into my account from Madrid in Spain and asking if it was me or not. when i click the email the email address is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** but then when i click report this user the...
  7. Is it real or a scam

Is it real or a scam: Hi, i got an email from "Microsoft account team" saying someone has logged into my account from Madrid in Spain and asking if it was me or not. when i click the email the email address is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** but then when i click report this user the...
  8. Is it real or a scam

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. Scam or real

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scam or real: I received a credit an email from support @worldbtctrade.com,but it Shows that this email was sent on behalf of another *** Email address is removed for privacy *** dont know if it fake or true....
  10. Scam or real

Scam or real: I received a credit an email from support @worldbtctrade.com,but it Shows that this email was sent on behalf of another *** Email address is removed for privacy *** dont know if it fake or true....