Windows 10: Scam or real

Discus and support Scam or real in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Yesterday my computer froze and I got a message to call a number that said it was for Microsoft help. I was told I had been hacked and needed to fix my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by NEKrebel, Apr 29, 2019.

1. NEKrebel Win User

Scam or real

Yesterday my computer froze and I got a message to call a number that said it was for Microsoft help. I was told I had been hacked and needed to fix my laptop. The fee was $799. Is this legitimate?

:)

NEKrebel, Apr 29, 2019

2. Upgrade - Real or Scam

This morning I got the following message when I started up: Based on your update settings, this PC is entitled to an upgrade.

1. Is this real or a scam?

2. Where did this come from?

3. If this is a long running scam, why did Microsoft security and/or my firewall not block it?

DenisFredrick, Apr 29, 2019
  3. Smeed Win User
Thema:

Scam or real

1. Scam or real - Similar Threads - Scam real

2. Scam or not

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Scam or not: I got a call from a computer company today and they said my windows will expire in a few days, I bought my window 10 and installed it, So I don't think it will expire. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scam-or-not/195acc65-57d5-4641-8536-2d1149638aaf"
  3. Microsoft scamming

Microsoft scamming: OKAY, so I ask a question on Microsoft answers and a reply I get is a scammer wanting me to call a number. So lucky for me I checked before I called or ELSE. However the bottom line is unfortunately I cannot trust the replies I get supposedly from Microsoft 'helpers'. I am...
  4. Fraud alert - DO NOT RESPOND TO ANY EMAILS IF YOU ASK A QUESTION ON THIS SITE. Scammed me.

Fraud alert - DO NOT RESPOND TO ANY EMAILS IF YOU ASK A QUESTION ON THIS SITE. Scammed me.: Microsoft Community (*** Email address is removed for privacy ***)To:you Details [ATTACH] Microsoft Community Your question has a reply Hi Anne Marie Kearns, Tim Lar5 has replied to your question WIndows Photo Gallery in Microsoft Community. Thank You For Posting in...
  5. Fraud alert - DO NOT RESPOND TO ANY EMAILS IF YOU ASK A QUESTION ON THIS SITE. Scammed me.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fraud alert - DO NOT RESPOND TO ANY EMAILS IF YOU ASK A QUESTION ON THIS SITE. Scammed me.: Microsoft Community (*** Email address is removed for privacy ***)To:you Details [ATTACH] Microsoft Community Your question has a reply Hi Anne Marie Kearns, Tim Lar5 has replied to your question WIndows Photo Gallery in Microsoft Community. Thank You For Posting in...
  6. Microsoft Certified Technician Scams

Microsoft Certified Technician Scams: I noticed the comment posted regarding the man who was cold called by a scammer, I think regarding the Ammy Scam. He had asked who these people are and why aren't they in jail yet. That email was dated 2013. Here we are almost at 2020 and they have been not only scamming the...
  7. phone scam or real?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    phone scam or real?: I have gotten several calls over the past 2 mos. claiming to be with windows security and that my windows internet security has been turned off by a service not of the US, and I should make changes. if I have done so, to ignore this message. if I have not done so to call...
  8. MICROSOFT refund...REAL OR SCAM??

MICROSOFT refund...REAL OR SCAM??: Security...I received seceral phone calls (finally answered today) from a caller with a distinct accent that said i was due a refund from microsoft of about $300. I am skeptical because he needed a verification code which i have not yet requested and then he supposed;ly...
  9. Is this a real Microsoft number?! Or have I been scammed?

Is this a real Microsoft number?! Or have I been scammed?: I found the following number online, listed as Microsoft support : 0800 026 0330. I was ringing in regards to my office product key which I am unable to read. Anyway, it first sounded like genuine call centre ( phones ringing in the background, others talking) but then...
  10. Email received: "Your OneDrive account will be deleted on October 23, 2018" - scam or real?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Email received: "Your OneDrive account will be deleted on October 23, 2018" - scam or real?: I received an email from the following address: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** [ATTACH] I have not downloaded the pictures, but the email contains various links. It seems legitimate, but I am slightly concerned that I have accessed my account frequently in...