Windows 10: scam or third party provider

Discus and support scam or third party provider in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My computer was acting sluggish. I received a popup wanting me to approve the installation of a Windows 10 update. I clicked - later. Then I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SaintSumartra, Jul 2, 2020.

1. scam or third party provider

My computer was acting sluggish. I received a popup wanting me to approve the installation of a Windows 10 update. I clicked - later.

Then I immediately received a notification that spyware had been identified & to call 888-984-7569. The notification was in the "Microsoft Blue."

They said they provided security support for Microsoft. They requested access to the device using logmein, at which time they told me I had a Trojan - cress.exe. In addition there appears to be 86 connections to the IP.

They wanted to install an IP protector firewall for $1300. When I told them I couldn't afford it, the cost dropped to $600.

Is this a scam?

:)

SaintSumartra, Jul 2, 2020
  2. Ferds_N Win User

scam or third party provider

Hi there SaintSumartra, I will be your Independent Advisor for today, I hope we can both resolve your problem.

That is definitely a scam, making fake alerts and fake virus warnings to lure customers in paying for their subscriptions.

You may click this link to report for it.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/concern/scam

Run a full scan using your Anti Virus Software or Windows Defender just to make sure you didnt pick up any.

Ferds_N, Aug 5, 2020
  3. scam or third party provider

My computer was acting sluggish. I received a popup wanting me to approve the installation of a Windows 10 update. I clicked - later.

Then I immediately received a notification that spyware had been identified & to call 888-984-7569. The notification was in the "Microsoft Blue."

They said they provided security support for Microsoft. They requested access to the device using logmein, at which time they told me I had a Trojan - cress.exe. In addition there appears to be 86 connections to the IP.

They wanted to install an IP protector firewall for $1300. When I told them I couldn't afford it, the cost dropped to $600.

Is this a scam?

SaintSumartra, Aug 5, 2020
  4. Sven1458 Win User

third party inf does not contain digital signature

Follow these steps:
    1. Go to Settings > Update & security > Recovery > Advanced startup > Restart now.
    2. Choose Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings > Restart > F7 or 7.
    Once it restarts, you may now install any third party drivers. Note that the next time you device restarts, driver signature enforcement will be enabled again.

Sven1458, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

1. scam or third party provider - Similar Threads - scam third party

2. windows third party virus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows third party virus: So i have this problem where i apperently have a third party virus. i have tried many diffrent ways to get rid of it but i still cant get it to go away so if you know anything about it please reach out and help me...
  3. install third party apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    install third party apps: instal third party apps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/install-third-party-apps/04e3528a-0b11-41df-b58c-eb32289aee08
  4. gpo third party cookies

in Windows 10 Customization
    gpo third party cookies: hello Please helpI created that policy cookiesallowedforurls and configure cookies- selected Block only third party cookies.Third party cookies are blocked by GPO point 1 on screenshotCookies allowed for urls - exception appeared point 2 on screenshotbut user can still add...
  5. Third-party antivirus and Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Third-party antivirus and Defender: Hi all, I hope I can be as clear as possible. I have Kaspersky Total Security, and I've had it since December. Every once in a while I'll get notifications to turn on Microsoft Defender - I understand installing third-party antivirus software will turn off/disable Defender,...
  6. third party calls.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    third party calls.: Is anyone having issues with making third party calls ? im using windows I already install and uninstall skype and restarted my computer. im using the latest version of skype. there is no dial pad available and it happen to several people.Moved from Spanish Forum...
  7. NordVPN network hacked by third party provider breach

in Windows 10 News
    NordVPN network hacked by third party provider breach: We understand the security concerns that arose from the information found online by security researchers and will address them in detail here. A few months ago, we became aware that, on March 2018, one of the datacenters in Finland we had been renting our servers from was...
  8. Third Party Free

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Third Party Free: If the likes of Kaspersky Free or Bitdefender Free are downloaded does Windows 10 stop updating completely https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/third-party-free/2137ca8d-a7d6-4bd1-8b93-714c0f810ec0
  9. third party reseller

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    third party reseller: Is purchasing Microsoft products from Brytesoft.com legal? Their website says “When big businesses buy in bulk, sometimes they end up with more licenses than they need. We buy them cheap and pass the savings on to you. It’s the same software at a much lower price.” Does...
  10. Third party drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Third party drivers: I recently purchased a microscope and a microscope camera so I could view the microscope on screen, I loaded the driver and this seemed to be OK, however, when I connected the camera a fault code came up and the computer would not allow me to run the camera. I later found out...