Windows 10: scam phone laptop

Discus and support scam phone laptop in Cortana to solve the problem; Scam on my phone and my email https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scam-phone-laptop/acc8a391-a0f6-48df-af6f-8a1b63021243 Discussion in 'Cortana' started by MarianoEscobar Guzman, Apr 12, 2020.

1. scam phone laptop

Scam on my phone and my email

:)

MarianoEscobar Guzman, Apr 12, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Phone scam

I now get no more weird foreign voices claiming to be from Microsoft's technical dept and many other such scams. We have been inundated with rubbish calls- before I added a call blocker device this reached 6 or 7 a day.

In the UK service providers have added a new free service that means callers are challenged to leave a short message, then press #. My phone then rings, and I have the option to add the caller to my approved list, accept this call but not add it, or simply not take the call.

I can manually add numbers to the blocked or approved list on line or using my phone.

The downside is any valid service (library reservations, some bank services) that rely on automated calls fail.

I have asked my service provider to consider adding a way to temporarily suspend the service.

dalchina, Apr 12, 2020
  3. Ṣmeed Win User
    Phone scam?

That's a scam.

You might want to read:

Some related and official Microsoft articles:

Other non-Microsoft, but very good articles worth reading:

FYI: Official Microsoft Support phone numbers can be found here:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4051701/global-customer-service-phone-numbers

Ṣmeed, Apr 12, 2020
  4. scam phone laptop

Jsssssssss, Apr 12, 2020
Thema:

scam phone laptop

1. scam phone laptop - Similar Threads - scam phone laptop

2. Scam by phone

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Scam by phone: I received a phone call yesterday and today telling me that if I don't pay $299 they will cancel my microsoft account, since I don't have an account I told them to feel free to cancel it. They then started to direct me to anydesk.com. When I saw there was no mention of...
  3. Phone Scam

Phone Scam: At 10:28 a.m. this morning I received a call from a "Microsoft Support Team" member names Aaron Mathew. He sounded foreign...maybe India. Anyway I was transferred to him from the first guy that I talked with. Aaron said there were issues with my IP address being...
  4. phone scam??

phone scam??: I received an automated phone call supposedly from Microsoft claiming my Microsoft account was compromised internationally and to call them to change my product key and ip address!!!! This doesn't sound right. How can I verify that it is truly from Microsoft and not a scam?...
  5. Phone Scam

Phone Scam: I continue to receive phone calls from "Microsoft security department". they are leaving a message that the "license key has expired" and that i need to call the Microsoft Store. i have not answered any of the messages. they are using my home number which is not associated...
  6. Phone scam

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Phone scam: Just got called last two days saying it was Microsoft and my license on my account is off they have called with my caller id, put them on block list but it seems my own phone number Pissed...
  7. phone scam

phone scam: getting scam calls from phone number 315-791-7400. do not answer or respond. 2/19/2018 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/phone-scam/d177a120-bb1f-448c-bdd0-c8e11bde5249"
  8. phone scam

phone scam: I've been getting numerous calls daily for about two weeks saying that my Microsoft license had been suspended and to call a # to fix, I know that it was a scam but the # showing up is my # with area code ? that stopped and now they are trying the refund scam that Microsoft...
  9. Phone scam

Phone scam: I keep getting phone calls stating that my Windows IP address has been compromised is this a scam or is this legit? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/phone-scam/6c085ab1-e5c7-4ddc-b9b1-d638304e5ed4"
  10. Phone scam

in Windows 10 Support
    Phone scam: I don't know where to post this, but for the last 4 days our house has been getting a robot phone call that is a scam. The message states that I am due a refund from Microsoft refund department because I ordered something from a third party that went out of business so...