Windows 10: scam responses to questions posted in MS Community

Discus and support scam responses to questions posted in MS Community in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I posted a question in this forum. I received an email response to call ****. I called and they wanted to charge me for "updating" my system--the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by nrr18, Oct 29, 2020.

1. nrr18 Win User

scam responses to questions posted in MS Community

I posted a question in this forum. I received an email response to call ****. I called and they wanted to charge me for "updating" my system--the person I spoke with claimed to be from MS.

In retrospect the problem I noted couldn't have been windows related, it was a recording error on a Netflix DVD.

:)

nrr18, Oct 29, 2020
  2. SOR
    SOR Win User

Community Questions/Responses Forums.

Hi Everyone!

I fear, that the Community Responses forums lacks Trust.

The forums Responses are undermined by MS's Open Source competitors; Check out
    MicrosoftEdgeCP.

The consumer side of the software business does not interest MS anymore or effect it's balance sheet.

Best

3. browser - can't post a question

Hello,

We would like to know more about your concern. Please clarify the following:

• What exactly are you trying to accomplish?
    • On which website would you like to post your question?
    • Which browser are you using?
    • What error message are you getting when posting your question?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We're looking forward to your response.

Devlin Sco, Oct 29, 2020
  4. scam responses to questions posted in MS Community

Jsssssssss, Oct 29, 2020
Thema:

scam responses to questions posted in MS Community

1. scam responses to questions posted in MS Community - Similar Threads - scam responses questions

2. The attached response I received to my question to the Community

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The attached response I received to my question to the Community: I don't understand your message. I have contacted the community three times this past week asking for help to recover or restore Windows Media Player. When I bought this desktop it had Windows 10 home preinstalled. My operating system included Windows Media Player. At...
  3. The attached response I received to my question to the Community

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The attached response I received to my question to the Community: I don't understand your message. I have contacted the community three times this past week asking for help to recover or restore Windows Media Player. When I bought this desktop it had Windows 10 home preinstalled. My operating system included Windows Media Player. At...
  4. The attached response I received to my question to the Community

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to post a question in the gmail community forum

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to post a question in the gmail community forum: I need to take my PC into Best Buy for repairs, so for a whlle I'll need to post questions about gmail at that forum,. This is the proverbial catch-22, Task ask A requires task B which requires Task A, which requires...Thanks for your help.Phillip aka SweetTasha...
  6. How to post a question in the gmail community forum

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to post a question in the gmail community forum: I need to take my PC into Best Buy for repairs, so for a whlle I'll need to post questions about gmail at that forum,. This is the proverbial catch-22, Task ask A requires task B which requires Task A, which requires...Thanks for your help.Phillip aka SweetTasha...
  7. How to post a question in the gmail community forum

8. Is there a PowerToys > FancyZones community? Where to post questions?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a PowerToys > FancyZones community? Where to post questions?: I have a question about FancyZone in PowerToyz. Where should I post my quesation? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-powertoys-fancyzones-community-where-to/ab80f0de-ca36-4e86-9d71-fcc58b9ffbed
  9. Is there a PowerToys > FancyZones community? Where to post questions?

Is there a PowerToys > FancyZones community? Where to post questions?: I have a question about FancyZone in PowerToyz. Where should I post my quesation? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-powertoys-fancyzones-community-where-to/ab80f0de-ca36-4e86-9d71-fcc58b9ffbed
  10. Is this a scam response

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is this a scam response: I posted a question on 3/14, to which I got a reply that I could see posted under my question and I also received an email notification, that his person had posted a reply. His advice resolved my issue. I also received another email notification that another person had...