Windows 10: Scam: Someone Called and Claimed to be From Microsoft

Discus and support Scam: Someone Called and Claimed to be From Microsoft in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Just received call saying it was from Microsoft and that they were charging my account $299.00 for something. I have never ordered anything from... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BarbaraSyme, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Scam: Someone Called and Claimed to be From Microsoft

Just received call saying it was from Microsoft and that they were charging my account $299.00 for something. I have never ordered anything from Microsoft for $299.00 so just hung up. Just alerting that there is a telephone scam about Microsoft.

[Original Title: Scam]

:)

BarbaraSyme, Jan 22, 2020

2. getting calls claiming to be microsoft are these calls a scam

getting calls on landline claiming to be Microsoft is this a scam also having a problem with recurring virus I scan wit defender and do the fix but it comes back

TerryWeichel, Jan 22, 2020
  3. Smeed Win User
    Smeed, Jan 22, 2020
  4. Arul_D Win User

Scam: Someone Called and Claimed to be From Microsoft

I received a call from someone claiming to be Microsoft

Hello Amy,

Microsoft does not make any unsolicited call to customers. I suggest you to refer to the following suggestions provided by SpiritX
    MS MVP replied on July 27, 2012 and check if it helps.

I received a phone call from someone claiming to be from Microsoft and wanting to access my computer. Is this a scam

I received a phone call from someone claiming to be from Microsoft and wanting to access my computer. Is this a scam?

Keep us posted if you face any issues on Windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Arul_D, Jan 22, 2020
Thema:

Scam: Someone Called and Claimed to be From Microsoft

1. Scam: Someone Called and Claimed to be From Microsoft - Similar Threads - Scam Someone Called

2. I received a call from someone claiming to be from Microsoft Cyber Crime department, is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I received a call from someone claiming to be from Microsoft Cyber Crime department, is...: I received a call from someone claiming to be from Microsoft Cyber Crime department, is this legitimate? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-received-a-call-from-someone-claiming-to-be-from/c84a4e83-f637-4356-9c01-0673d3e08b42
  3. Phone call claiming to be Windows Maintenance, is this a scam?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Phone call claiming to be Windows Maintenance, is this a scam?: In 2012 there was a discussion topic re calls from Microsoft Windows Computer Maintenance Department. These calls have re-appeared lately july 2021, we get several a day. Obviously these calls are a scam. Now I wonder if they can be counter attacked, or at least played with....
  4. Scam: Someone called and claimed to be from Microsoft

Scam: Someone called and claimed to be from Microsoft: I RANG PHONE NUMBER ON SCAM POP UP AND FOLLOWED SOME OF CALLERS INSTRUCTIONS WHAT SHALL I DO NOW [Original Title: SCAM FROM MICROSOFT] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/scam-someone-called-and-claimed-to-be-from/ae27a278-6d64-4000-be70-f74c502a1da9
  5. Scam: I have been receiving calls from someone claiming to be from Microsoft service

Scam: I have been receiving calls from someone claiming to be from Microsoft service: I have been receiving calls from someone with a Indian accent, claiming I have a Microsoft service that I got when I purchased my computer. They are telling me that I need to login to my computer and they will help me cancel this service or I will be charged $399.00 on my...
  6. Someone called and claim to be from Microsoft

Someone called and claim to be from Microsoft: Yesterday, I received a call from a tech that said he was from Microsoft responding to a request for service. He performed a scan on my PC and found a Torpig Malware. He talked my into removing it and adding Microsoft 365 to my machine etc. He was from a company called...
  7. We received a phone call from someone claiming to be from Microsoft

We received a phone call from someone claiming to be from Microsoft: On Tuesday of this week (22 OCT) my wife received a phone call from someone claiming to be from Microsoft. They had left a message on our answering machine. She called (yes, I know) the number back. They appear to have wiped many of the desk top items from our computer as...
  8. Scam calls from Microsoft

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Scam calls from Microsoft: Is there anywhere to report the phone numbers that these scammers are calling from? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scam-calls-from-microsoft/3dd5885e-04dc-4338-bd0b-e21b81b0355b
  9. Scam Calls Claiming To Be From Microsoft

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Scam Calls Claiming To Be From Microsoft: I have gotten several calls, from an individual with a foreign accent, regarding "issues" with my Windows, and of course have hung up on theses calls. Today, I received a different approach: "I am calling from Microsoft (foreign accent). The company that fixed your computer...
  10. Call from someone claiming to be from Microsoft.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Call from someone claiming to be from Microsoft.: I received a call today from a person claiming to be from Microsoft. They were telling me that my service was going to be terminated in 48 hours because my ip address was compromised by several other countries. Please help me to look into this "problem" with my ip address....