Windows 10: Scam the Scammers

Discus and support Scam the Scammers in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; If you get a call from somebody saying they are from Microsoft they are not. Microsoft dont do that. If you have done the dishes like the wife asked... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by fedbil100, Jun 6, 2019.

1. fedbil100 Win User

Scam the Scammers

If you get a call from somebody saying they are from Microsoft they are not. Microsoft dont do that. If you have done the dishes like the wife asked you and they call have some fun. Time is money to those Scallys so wind them up act daft keep getting it wrong when they ask you to do something. I saw people do this on You Tube its hilarious so dont worry be happy Windows Security has your back God Bless. Billy

:)

fedbil100, Jun 6, 2019
  2. Smeed Win User
    Smeed, Jun 6, 2019
  3. Scammers

Unsolicited phone calls, browser pop-ups and
    emails (aka
    Tech Support Scamming
    ) from "so-called Support Techs" advising
    "your computer is infected with malware",
    “All Your Files Are Encrypted"
    and other
    fake "alert messages"
    has become an increasing common scam tactic over the past several years. The scams may involve web pages with screenshots of fake Microsoft (Windows) Support messages, fake reports of suspicious activity, fake warnings of malware
    found on your computer,
    fake ransomware
    and fake
    BSODs
    all of which include a tech support phone number to call in order to fix the problem. These are a few examples.

Microsoft does not make unsolicited phone calls, display pop-up alerts in your browser to call a support number or send unsolicited email messages to request personal or financial information or
    to fix your computer.

If the scam involves unsolicited phone calls from someone claiming to be an
    employee affiliated with Microsoft or Windows Support advising your computer is infected with malware,
    not answering any questions and hanging up the telephone is the best way to deal with phone scammers.

For more information and resources to protect yourself from scams, please read
    Beware of Phony Emails & Tech Support Scams
    ...there are suggestions
    near the bottom for dealing with scams and a list of security scanning tools to use in case the usual methods do not resolve the problem.

quietman7 - MVP, Jun 6, 2019
  4. Smeed Win User

Scam the Scammers

Smeed, Jun 6, 2019
Thema:

Scam the Scammers

1. Scam the Scammers - Similar Threads - Scam Scammers

2. please help i think i was scam

in Windows 10 Customization
    please help i think i was scam: customer id-Gets5807 toll free no-1844-915-3111 Gateway-Aspire mareting service- 1years amount-149.99 company-sys tech solutions notepad inetcpl.cpl appwiz.cpl msinfo32 iexplore helpme.net...
  3. A Win 10 Update scam!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    A Win 10 Update scam!: I was playing Solitaire, and accidently clicked on something that brought up the browser, and a dialog box that said that my computer was not up to date with the latest update! It warned me to get it by clicking the button on the dialog box, or my computer would lose all its...
  4. Scam by phone

Scam by phone: I received a phone call yesterday and today telling me that if I don't pay $299 they will cancel my microsoft account, since I don't have an account I told them to feel free to cancel it. They then started to direct me to anydesk.com. When I saw there was no mention of...
  5. SCAM Anrufe mit CLSID (ClassIdentifier)

SCAM Anrufe mit CLSID (ClassIdentifier): Dear all, I have received yesterday a phone call from a person who claimed to work for Microsoft Security Services in California. He said that my computer is infected by a virus and constantly sends notifications to the Microsoft Servers. Due to this, Microsoft activities...
  6. legitimate company or a scam?

legitimate company or a scam?: My computer suddenly locked up, started loudly beeping while issuing a microsoft support number to immediately call. They said I was infected with a Trojan and connected me to PC Net Care for network security. Is this a legitimate company?...
  7. eventvwr scam

eventvwr scam: if anyone receives a phone call from the following number saying your computer is sending them a message to say it has a virus which can send information about your accounts. also they say they are from Microsoft. the number they use is 02034091756. they are not from...
  8. PC Care Scam

PC Care Scam: Alex Jones of PC Care called and installed SUPERAntiSpyware trial software after saying my computer including ID had been transmitting error messages to Microsoft. As a long time stock holder and lifetime MSN user, I'm disappointed that he knew details about my software and...
  9. Am I being scammed?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Am I being scammed?: I heard an alarm bell going on my laptop. Then a message saying that I needed to update Windows 10 drivers. Then a message from Tweakbit.com telling me to install & update Windows 10. Is this a scam?...
  10. Support scam

Support scam: I recently asked Microsoft Support for help with a problem I was having with Outlook. I received one response and it was very helpful. The second response I received claimed to be from Microsoft Technical Support. It was obviously someone working from home as you could hear...