Windows 10: Scam the Scammers

Discus and support Scam the Scammers in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; If you get a call from somebody saying they are from Microsoft they are not. Microsoft dont do that. If you have done the dishes like the wife asked... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by fedbil100, Jun 6, 2019.

1. fedbil100 Win User

Scam the Scammers

If you get a call from somebody saying they are from Microsoft they are not. Microsoft dont do that. If you have done the dishes like the wife asked you and they call have some fun. Time is money to those Scallys so wind them up act daft keep getting it wrong when they ask you to do something. I saw people do this on You Tube its hilarious so dont worry be happy Windows Security has your back God Bless. Billy

:)

fedbil100, Jun 6, 2019
  2. Smeed Win User
    Smeed, Jun 6, 2019
  3. Scammers

Unsolicited phone calls, browser pop-ups and
    emails (aka
    Tech Support Scamming
    ) from "so-called Support Techs" advising
    "your computer is infected with malware",
    “All Your Files Are Encrypted"
    and other
    fake "alert messages"
    has become an increasing common scam tactic over the past several years. The scams may involve web pages with screenshots of fake Microsoft (Windows) Support messages, fake reports of suspicious activity, fake warnings of malware
    found on your computer,
    fake ransomware
    and fake
    BSODs
    all of which include a tech support phone number to call in order to fix the problem. These are a few examples.

Microsoft does not make unsolicited phone calls, display pop-up alerts in your browser to call a support number or send unsolicited email messages to request personal or financial information or
    to fix your computer.

If the scam involves unsolicited phone calls from someone claiming to be an
    employee affiliated with Microsoft or Windows Support advising your computer is infected with malware,
    not answering any questions and hanging up the telephone is the best way to deal with phone scammers.

For more information and resources to protect yourself from scams, please read
    Beware of Phony Emails & Tech Support Scams
    ...there are suggestions
    near the bottom for dealing with scams and a list of security scanning tools to use in case the usual methods do not resolve the problem.

quietman7 - MVP, Jun 6, 2019
  4. Smeed Win User

Scam the Scammers

Smeed, Jun 6, 2019
Thema:

Scam the Scammers

1. Scam the Scammers - Similar Threads - Scam Scammers

2. BlOcked access with scam phone number. Completely covers my screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BlOcked access with scam phone number. Completely covers my screen: I have a blocked access that covers my whole screen with a scam phone number. I can't get into anything and I've been trying Microsoft phone numbers but I only get robot that tells me to access things on my computer that is blocked and unaccessable!...
  3. BlOcked access with scam phone number. Completely covers my screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BlOcked access with scam phone number. Completely covers my screen: I have a blocked access that covers my whole screen with a scam phone number. I can't get into anything and I've been trying Microsoft phone numbers but I only get robot that tells me to access things on my computer that is blocked and unaccessable!...
  4. BlOcked access with scam phone number. Completely covers my screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. 425-635-2970 Microsoft Tech Support legit call or scam?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    425-635-2970 Microsoft Tech Support legit call or scam?: Hi,I had issues updating Windows 10 to my computer. I contacted technical support 4 times before I had the issue escalated to a phone call. The agent asked for my phone number and time at which they could reach me. Today an agent called me from 425-635-2970. There was no name...
  6. 425-635-2970 Microsoft Tech Support legit call or scam?

425-635-2970 Microsoft Tech Support legit call or scam?: Hi,I had issues updating Windows 10 to my computer. I contacted technical support 4 times before I had the issue escalated to a phone call. The agent asked for my phone number and time at which they could reach me. Today an agent called me from 425-635-2970. There was no name...
  7. 425-635-2970 Microsoft Tech Support legit call or scam?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Scam verification

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scam verification: I googled Microsoft support and got this nember to calI. Someone answered right away. My internet was down - only on this computer. He went through some steps, but I was concerned it was a scam. Is 877-747-8231 a legitimate support phone number?...
  9. Scam verification

Scam verification: I googled Microsoft support and got this nember to calI. Someone answered right away. My internet was down - only on this computer. He went through some steps, but I was concerned it was a scam. Is 877-747-8231 a legitimate support phone number?...
  10. pop-up + all windows scam, would like to see the scammer get caught, how do they make money?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    pop-up + all windows scam, would like to see the scammer get caught, how do they make money?: Wish they get these people who do it, this pop-up + all windows scam, would like to see the scammer get caught, how do they make money? When I got it, I hit the x to close it....