Windows 10: Scam using Microsoft and Bank of America

Discus and support Scam using Microsoft and Bank of America in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a customer in my tax preparation business who is 71 and called to say they lost their life savings six figures through a scam. The client, like... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by jaybird23_31, Jan 26, 2021.

1. Scam using Microsoft and Bank of America

I have a customer in my tax preparation business who is 71 and called to say they lost their life savings six figures through a scam.

The client, like most people that get scammed, is embarrassed and is reluctant to discuss. The scheme went along these lines. They got a call from Microsoft yes, I know MS doesn't call you and were asked if they could help find hackers from Russia and China preying on the elderly.

They asked her to move 25% of her savings from Bank of America to another account to track the hackers. After a period of time, they got a call which stated that they MS had caught a hacker from Russia. This scam continued three more times, each time with a hacker caught. There was also significant social engineering; the scammers could convince them to call their broker at BOA without telling them what the transfer was for.

In the end, as you might expect, all the money was gone.

My question is anyone familiar with this scam. I have searched the web and the forum; however, I do not see any similar scams.

Any information is greatly appreciated.

:)

jaybird23_31, Jan 26, 2021
  2. 702FLiP Win User

Bank of America APP

...still cant find a bank of america app. microsoft should def make one.

702FLiP, Jan 26, 2021
  3. srfreeman Win User
    srfreeman, Jan 26, 2021
  4. Scam using Microsoft and Bank of America

Bank of America App

The Bank of America application is now available, but it is for Windows Phone 7 only.

Joel Ivory Johnson, Jan 26, 2021
Thema:

Scam using Microsoft and Bank of America

1. Scam using Microsoft and Bank of America - Similar Threads - Scam using Microsoft

2. Anyone get a bank scam after calling a fake Microsoft Security Helpline number?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Anyone get a bank scam after calling a fake Microsoft Security Helpline number?: I've seen other posts on here about fake security hotline numbers, but here's what happens when you call them.My dad was trying to pay a bill online and did not get very far, when all these pop ups started coming up on the computer saying "do not restart your computer" and...
  3. Anyone get a bank scam after calling a fake Microsoft Security Helpline number?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Anyone get a bank scam after calling a fake Microsoft Security Helpline number?: I've seen other posts on here about fake security hotline numbers, but here's what happens when you call them.My dad was trying to pay a bill online and did not get very far, when all these pop ups started coming up on the computer saying "do not restart your computer" and...
  4. Anyone get a bank scam after calling a fake Microsoft Security Helpline number?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. How do I install Bank of America with shortcut on to my windows10 pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I install Bank of America with shortcut on to my windows10 pc: I am trying to download Bank of America to my windows 10 pc. I also need a shortcut on my home screen. There must be a way, but I AM NOT A TECHNO GUY SO I NEED BASIC INSTRUCTIONS...
  6. How do I install Bank of America with shortcut on to my windows10 pc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I install Bank of America with shortcut on to my windows10 pc: I am trying to download Bank of America to my windows 10 pc. I also need a shortcut on my home screen. There must be a way, but I AM NOT A TECHNO GUY SO I NEED BASIC INSTRUCTIONS...
  7. How do I install Bank of America with shortcut on to my windows10 pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Unable to get into my Bank of America account...keep getting a page stating 'can't find...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to get into my Bank of America account...keep getting a page stating 'can't find...: I am unable to get into my accont with Bank of America. I have called them 4 times and no one seems to be able to help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-get-into-my-bank-of-america-accountkeep/57cbb85d-0f40-4ba7-b6c9-62db72b79b0d
  9. Scam using Microsoft name?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Scam using Microsoft name?: I received a call from a UK geographic number (01202 680708) claiming that my computer had security issues and that Microsoft wanted to check my PC and show me how to fix the issues by sending an upgrade. When I said I wasn't going to do that he said I was right to be wary...
  10. Bank of America pulls its Windows 10 app from the Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 News
    Bank of America pulls its Windows 10 app from the Microsoft Store: Bank of America was one of the largest banks that ever joined the Windows 10 push and back in 2016, the company launched its app in the Microsoft Store for phones and PCs to allow its customers access their accounts. Last month BoA decided to abandon Windows 10 for some...