Windows 10: Scam "Warning Screen"?

Discus and support Scam "Warning Screen"? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; In the middle of checking emails and diverting to a familiar site I've accessed before, I received an alert warning with a loud alarm sound and a voice... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BillTetreault, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Scam "Warning Screen"?

In the middle of checking emails and diverting to a familiar site I've accessed before, I received an alert warning with a loud alarm sound and a voice (computerized) stating that and attempt was made to access my system, but Windows Smart Screen prevented an unrecognized app from starting. This warning was also posted with a yellow banner with the following phone number 888-443-7583. I also got a second warning same format with a different phone number 888-964-1630. This was super imposed over what looked to be the familiar Microsoft type page in blue with Microsoft logo also listing the same phone numbers.

It locked up my computer. The mouse/touch pad not responding. I finally got it to shut down by using Ctrl+Alt+Delete.

I called one of the numbers and got what I am assuming was a gentleman with a heavy east Indian accent. He stated he was "support". I asked him, "support for what company"? He stated "Microsoft". Obviously did not sound right.

Any idea of where this is being generated from? Could it cause havoc with my computer? Might they have already accessed some of my info?

Thanks in advance,

BT

:)

BillTetreault, Aug 8, 2019

2. Scam warnings

What browser are you using?

You might want to get a good advertisement blocker...

And suggestion to read the following article which describes in detail various methods how to get out of such pop ups. The article also mentions methods how to prevent these kind of fake alerts.

Jsssssssss, Aug 8, 2019
  3. s_nichols Win User
    Scam warnings

I am getting continuous scam warnings that say they are from Microsoft saying Microsoft has found a problem with my computer and to call a number. How do I clear my computer permanently of this warning?

s_nichols, Aug 8, 2019
  4. Scam "Warning Screen"?

Scam?

No, that's not a Microsoft phone number.

All these kind of pop-ups/alerts are fake warnings - scams. Never ever call these numbers.

Please read:

In case you keep on getting these fake alerts:

Follow the steps provided here: Remove Tech Support Scam pop-up (Call For Support Scam)

You might want to report this to Microsoft (but you don't have to):
    http://support.microsoft.com/reportascam

and you might want to watch:

Fake Tech Support Scams – video from the MS Digital Crimes Unit

Jsssssssss, Aug 8, 2019
Thema:

Scam "Warning Screen"?

1. Scam "Warning Screen"? - Similar Threads - Scam Warning Screen

2. are these pop up defender virus warnings a scam or not ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    are these pop up defender virus warnings a scam or not ?: What are latest scams Defender lock up virus warnings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/are-these-pop-up-defender-virus-warnings-a-scam-or/ea70be59-602e-41f2-a0bf-2c70205b240f
  3. WARNING! SCAM!! Window Defender Platinum Invoice

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WARNING! SCAM!! Window Defender Platinum Invoice: Yes! I intentionally misspelled the words, because that is what Scammers do and how to identify. Microsoft Windows users beware! This scam, originally mentioned in this forum in 2021, is BACK! It is a Scam!!!!!!KM...
  4. WARNING! SCAM!! Window Defender Platinum Invoice

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WARNING! SCAM!! Window Defender Platinum Invoice: Yes! I intentionally misspelled the words, because that is what Scammers do and how to identify. Microsoft Windows users beware! This scam, originally mentioned in this forum in 2021, is BACK! It is a Scam!!!!!!KM...
  5. E-Mail Scam !!!!Warning Do Not Comply!!!!!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    E-Mail Scam !!!!Warning Do Not Comply!!!!!: Dear Customer, Thank you for using our Services for the past year. YourWindows Defender support plan will expire in 5 days, so we thought we'd check in. We wanted to remind you that you have chosen the auto-renewal option for future charges. You will be billed from your saved...
  6. Red warning screen "tech support scam" IS NOT WHAT YOUR SAYING IT IS

Red warning screen "tech support scam" IS NOT WHAT YOUR SAYING IT IS: Ive read the advise posted on this red warning screen and instructing to reset the browser but not potentially fatal but this is extremely false. This is a highly sophisticated virus that I have not observed infect 22 of my clients systems in less than 6 days, jump the...
  7. scam with microsoft warning and international charges

scam with microsoft warning and international charges: received a pop up on a new computer saying an error occurred and to call the 800 number. I called and gave access to the person saying they were Microsoft tech support. They found that Russian hackers had accessed and used my credit card for a **** and in China for gambling....
  8. Microsoft Warning scam

Microsoft Warning scam: So I started my laptop today and I was gonna watch youtube so I turned on the volume and I am hearing about a spyware and the possibility of my laptop being disabled, so I looked into it and found out about the scam. I hear what I've read the warnings say but i dont get any...
  9. Red Scam Warning in Browser

Red Scam Warning in Browser: A little while ago, shortly after booting the computer and launching Chrome, the Yahoo! home page got replaced with a red page about some sort of malware attack on my computer, complete with recorded voice warning. Considering that Avast and Malwarebytes both found nothing,...
  10. UK scam warning.

UK scam warning.: DVLA email scam offers motorists car tax refund | Cars | Life & Style | Express.co.uk 86641

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 888-964-1630 scam