Windows 10: SCAM?

Discus and support SCAM? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I just received an email that says the following. I have copied and pasted it. Is this a scam? I can't even sign into my hotmail account. I never heard... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by paulaE., Apr 8, 2021.

1. paulaE. Win User

SCAM?

I just received an email that says the following. I have copied and pasted it. Is this a scam? I can't even sign into my hotmail account. I never heard of such a thing as what I have posted below.

Please help. It seems like someone wants my private info.

Thanks

[COLOR=rgba32, 32, 32, 1]Microsoft account team *** Email address is removed for privacy *** [/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba112, 112, 112, 1]Microsoft account[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba38, 114, 236, 1]Unusual sign-in activity[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba42, 42, 42, 1]We detected something unusual about a recent sign-in to the Microsoft account *** Email address is removed for privacy ***.
    Sign-in details
    Country/region: United States
    IP address: 3.138.158.175
    Date: 4/8/2021 4:09 PM EST
    Platform: Windows
    Browser: Chrome
    Please go to your recent activity page to let us know whether or not this was you. If this wasn't you, we'll help you secure your account. If this was you, we'll trust similar activity in the future.
    Review recent activity[/COLOR]

:)

paulaE., Apr 8, 2021
  2. Smeed Win User
    Smeed, Apr 8, 2021
  3. Smeed Win User

SCAM?

Smeed, Apr 8, 2021
Thema:

SCAM?

1. SCAM? - Similar Threads - SCAM

2. Security scam

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security scam: Windows Defender and Firewall Security Plan Be aware charge or renewed subscription for above -- $450.00. I do not have that plan https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/security-scam/36ba6924-96ac-47a7-a7f0-563d8658a511
  3. WINDOW DEFENDER SCAM

WINDOW DEFENDER SCAM: I know this is a scam, because Windows Defender is free with Windows... but for those out there that have received a newer round of emails "confirming" an order for Windows Defender, its a scam. They didn't even use my name, nor phone number, but did use someone else's....
  4. Possible Scam

Possible Scam: Is this a scam? Semmy Ton <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***> Dear customer, Greetings from 24*7 PC WEB! On behalf of Windows Defender Protection, we would like to express our deepest gratitude for your continued membership and support. As your Windows...
  5. Scam

Scam: I let the guy in the phone enter my computer, what should i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scam/4b1ccdef-af22-44cd-a0a4-97817003cefd
  6. Windows Defender Billing Scam?

Windows Defender Billing Scam?: Hi, I received an email as shown below. Is it a scam? Thanks, Thomas Mathew [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-billing-scam/3222c7e1-e3a5-4c70-901f-1c83b83a77bf
  7. Possible Scam

Possible Scam: I got a text that said My number deleted from Microsoft account *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. Not you? https://aka.ms/alca . I think this is a scam. I'm really concerned about this. I'm just going to change my password just in case....
  8. Reporting a scam or phishing phone claiming to be from Microsoft

Reporting a scam or phishing phone claiming to be from Microsoft: We've had quite a few scam-phishing phone calls to our landline, showing that number and the recorded name says Allison calling from Microsoft. I've heard it a few times and something about the license expiring. I know Microsoft doesn't call and when a product is up for...
  9. Possible scam

Possible scam: On March 8, I worked with a support service that said they were with Microsoft. Involved was MS Secure, provides two contact phone numbers. Today, March 25, I called both numbers, receiving a phone company recording saying these are out of service. These numbers are...
  10. Is this a scam?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is this a scam?: Hi I'm getting this popup: Restart to stay up to date Your version of Windows 10 will soon reach the end of service. Restart to install a newer version. Then options to restart now or later. I've never seen this before and am wondering if it's genuine or some sort...