Windows 10: scam?

Discus and support scam? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My Daughter received a call from E Wizard support claiming that someone was trying to hack her computer. She purchased this computer over two years ago... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by GalenGurule, Aug 31, 2018.

1. scam?

My Daughter received a call from E Wizard support claiming that someone was trying to hack her computer. She purchased this computer over two years ago which had webroot as it's Anti virus protection program. I recently deleted webroot and installed avg anti virus (free basic protection) Is this call claiming to want to fix problems to the computer legitimate or is it a scam. My research showed that E Wizard support is affiliated with webroot. ???

:)

GalenGurule, Aug 31, 2018
  2. Jsssssssss, Aug 31, 2018
Thema:

scam?

1. scam? - Similar Threads - scam

2. File Viewer Plus Scam --

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Viewer Plus Scam --: File Viewer Plus: You offered this on your Microsoft store as a recommended software. As a matter of fact, it was one of if not the first alternative provided. Shame on you.It's basically a virus. If you don't buy it, it will not uninstall -- blocking another workable program...
  3. Recently email sent by Microsoft about being copied to One Drive. is it a scam

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recently email sent by Microsoft about being copied to One Drive. is it a scam: Recently email sent by Microsoft about files being copied to One Drive. is it a scam https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recently-email-sent-by-microsoft-about-being/5f1f7d3c-7b76-4ce4-ba2b-fb12edc167de
  4. File Viewer Plus Scam --

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    File Viewer Plus Scam --: File Viewer Plus: You offered this on your Microsoft store as a recommended software. As a matter of fact, it was one of if not the first alternative provided. Shame on you.It's basically a virus. If you don't buy it, it will not uninstall -- blocking another workable program...
  5. I was almost scammed by windows + r event watcher scam

I was almost scammed by windows + r event watcher scam: Hello, I come to report that today I almost fell for a scam, where they called my house phone number and told me my computer had been hacked. They told me to use windows key + r which I was dumb and I did, then they asked me to type nteven, but I think I misheard and what...
  6. i got scammed and deleted the prefetch files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i got scammed and deleted the prefetch files: so i researched and saw that they install when u use the pc but why can't i use the search bar or why the settings don't open? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-got-scammed-and-deleted-the-prefetch-files/36a84301-81fb-436b-8e69-00cc11d72c94
  7. I fell for a scam

I fell for a scam: I fell for the pop up your computer has been locked by Microsoft. The had access to my computer. I froze my accounts, installed SuperAntiSpyware and Malwarebytes. Also uninstalled what was downloaded. My question is: There is a folder on my desktop named Make Payment files....
  8. phising scams how to stop them

phising scams how to stop them: I need security help . I have the normal windows 10 security in place yet some of my information has been compromised. I ran the safety scanner it showed infected files and it automatically fixed them. I still don't feel safe. Suggestions Please....
  9. Scam

Scam: Hello,Recently searching through "Free" VPN providers I soon found there is no such thing. I downloaded a few and all were offering only free download or free for a limited period. This is misleading to say the least.However, there exists in the listings for "free" VPN a...
  10. Go an email Is this a scam? I did not show the top with our personal info.

Go an email Is this a scam? I did not show the top with our personal info.: ProductWindows Defender Advanced Threat protection Firewall & Network protection Description1 Year subscriptionExpires at 2022-07-30Quantity 1Amount $ 399.00Total :$399.00Thank you for Using our servicesHello,This is the detailed invoice of your last purchase with us of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. tectroid solutions scam