Windows 10: Scammed by A2Z cleaners

Discus and support Scammed by A2Z cleaners in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello I was recently scammed by A2Z cleaners and want everyone to be aware of this !!! I was working on my computer in November 2020 and all of a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by juansanchez_040, Jan 3, 2021.

1. Scammed by A2Z cleaners

Hello I was recently scammed by A2Z cleaners and want everyone to be aware of this !!! I was working on my computer in November 2020 and all of a sudden my computer flashed and I was told to call Microsoft with the real logo and everything. Unfortunately I called and told " my computer malware" was expired and this could be fixed my A man who claimed to be working for Microsoft and the charge would be 349.99 I paid it and he took over my computer for 1 hour I really believed this was real as he claimed he worked for Microsoft and the Microsoft logo was flashing and everything. After the man called and said he was done working on my computer my husband had a bad feeling about this and said lets turn off computer and take it to Office Depot where we purchased computer next morning we went straight there and as soon as he looked at our computer he said "call your bank you have been scammed" we called our bank and went into the branch location and began paperwork to STOP payment. Unfortunately it is January 3rd 2021 and we have still not received our money back and still our working on this claim. This is especially hard during COVID 19 and we are out 349.99 $$$ hopefully we will get our money back however we wanted to warn others about this terrible scam.

Sincerely scammed

:)

juansanchez_040, Jan 3, 2021

2. A2Z CLEANER

How dangerous is the A2Z CLEANER scam? Did they extract all my files? All my personal info? Do I have to cancel all my credit card, banking accts., change all passwords, make a police report, put a fraud alert on the Experian? I paid them $499.99.
    How can you notify me when answered when you don't want my contact info???

Landscaper7WO, Jan 3, 2021
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    A2Z CLEANER

Hi Landscaper7WO

I am Dave, an Independent Advisor, I will help you with this . . .

I am sorry you were caught by this scam . . .

Immediately try to get your bank to stop that payment and tell your bank that no further payments are to be made to that company, it may even be best to cancel any card you may have provided detail for to those scammers

Did you give them remote access to your PC, if so, yes, you should change all your passwords

If they installed any software on your PC, uninstall that immediately

To find that easily, open the old Control Panel, then go to Programs and Features

Order that list by installed date and uninstall anything installed on the date this happened on . . .

DaveM121, Jan 3, 2021
  4. Smeed Win User

Scammed by A2Z cleaners

Smeed, Jan 3, 2021
Thema:

Scammed by A2Z cleaners

1. Scammed by A2Z cleaners - Similar Threads - Scammed A2Z cleaners

2. COMBO CLEANER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    COMBO CLEANER: HiI had combo cleaner scan my system but they want me to pay to remove this threat i removed combo cleanerhow to i remove the threat?THANK YOUTIMMY 2 TOES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/combo-cleaner/ab8d9592-f5c8-440c-b732-60b6328bf1b4
  3. COMBO CLEANER

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    COMBO CLEANER: HiI had combo cleaner scan my system but they want me to pay to remove this threat i removed combo cleanerhow to i remove the threat?THANK YOUTIMMY 2 TOES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/combo-cleaner/ab8d9592-f5c8-440c-b732-60b6328bf1b4
  4. A2Z CLEANER

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    A2Z CLEANER: How dangerous is the A2Z CLEANER scam? Did they extract all my files? All my personal info? Do I have to cancel all my credit card, banking accts., change all passwords, make a police report, put a fraud alert on the Experian? I paid them $499.99. How can you notify me...
  5. cc cleaner

cc cleaner: cc cleaner is asking me clean error in the registry is this safe to do [ATTACH]try is this safe to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cc-cleaner/7dc60a87-e38c-4f2f-bc3f-c020d729a029
  6. Taken to the cleaners.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Taken to the cleaners.: It seems I allowed myself to be scammed by someone claiming to be from Microsoft. While starting up my laptop a message came stating my unit was locked and do not turn off the computer without calling the support number provided. Stupid me, I called. One thing led to another...
  7. Registry cleaners

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Registry cleaners: What is your opinion about registry cleaning programs? Are they useful or not so much, and which ones would you recommend? I've been using JetClean for a while and, while it says it cleans a lot of shortcuts, RAM etc., there doesn't seem to be any noticeable improvements...
  8. cleaners

cleaners: Is ccleaner something that should be renewed or is there a program already offered in Windows 10 or with my hp computer. where can you find what is needed or not needed? seems a lot of ads for registry and files or interent history is being advertised and never sure if it...
  9. Kaspersky Cleaner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Kaspersky Cleaner: Kaspersky Lab is well known for its security products. While it’s popular products like Kaspersky Antivirus and Kaspersky Internet Security are paid solutions, Kaspersky Lab does offer couple of free tools for Windows operating system. One of them is Kaspersky Cleaner....
  10. Windows cleaner, registry cleaner recomendations PLEASE!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows cleaner, registry cleaner recomendations PLEASE!: I have used Ccleaner and REVO to clean and maintain my Windows environment. So I am looking for your thoughts and comments as to what you recommend for cleaning Windows and Windows registry. And if you could add why I would really appreciate it. I feel that registry...