Windows 10: Scammed By Someone I Thought Was Microsoft

Discus and support Scammed By Someone I Thought Was Microsoft in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I was scammed by someone with an email who I thought was Microsoft support. Do I post the details on this forum, or somewhere else ? I may have... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by rockydean, Sep 29, 2018.

1. rockydean Win User

Scammed By Someone I Thought Was Microsoft

I was scammed by someone with an email who I thought was Microsoft support. Do I post the details on this forum, or somewhere else ? I may have selected the wrong Topic and Category - nothing else seemed to fit this situation.

thanks

:)

rockydean, Sep 29, 2018

2. Microsoft License Scam??

Thanks for quick response.

Yes I thought it was a scam and never called. Will block the number as suggested. Hope no one falls for it.

VernRenneberg1, Sep 30, 2018
  3. Scammed By Someone I Thought Was Microsoft

Scam?

No, that's not a Microsoft phone number.

All these kind of pop-ups/alerts are fake warnings - scams. Never ever call these numbers.

Please read:

In case you keep on getting these fake alerts:

Follow the steps provided here: Remove Tech Support Scam pop-up (Call For Support Scam)

You might want to report this to Microsoft (but you don't have to):
    http://support.microsoft.com/reportascam

and you might want to watch:

Fake Tech Support Scams – video from the MS Digital Crimes Unit

Jsssssssss, Sep 30, 2018
Thema:

Scammed By Someone I Thought Was Microsoft

1. Scammed By Someone I Thought Was Microsoft - Similar Threads - Scammed Someone Thought

2. I got scammed by microsoft!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I got scammed by microsoft!: Hello, I have won a pc game pass for 3 months. After I got home and redeemed the code it only registered that I had pc game pass for one month! Where are my two other months gone? Is there a way to get them back?...
  3. I got scammed by microsoft!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I got scammed by microsoft!: Hello, I have won a pc game pass for 3 months. After I got home and redeemed the code it only registered that I had pc game pass for one month! Where are my two other months gone? Is there a way to get them back?...
  4. Is this a microsoft scam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is this a microsoft scam: I received a call supposedly microsoft in Reading advising me my pc was being hacked and my details used by foreign nationals. microsoft were trying to prevent my information and their systems bring compromised. She was quite insistent I should go on my pc immediately and she...
  5. Microsoft Agents revival thoughts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Agents revival thoughts: Now that we have got Clippy back as an emoji, what about the other characters e.g. Daiku the dolphin, Merlin the wizard and others. Remember those ms agents from ms office 1997-2003 ? Here https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9529AC03636EE99C Rover doesn't count as an ms...
  6. Scam: Someone called and claimed to be from Microsoft

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Scam: Someone called and claimed to be from Microsoft: I RANG PHONE NUMBER ON SCAM POP UP AND FOLLOWED SOME OF CALLERS INSTRUCTIONS WHAT SHALL I DO NOW [Original Title: SCAM FROM MICROSOFT] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/scam-someone-called-and-claimed-to-be-from/ae27a278-6d64-4000-be70-f74c502a1da9
  7. A Microsoft Scam

A Microsoft Scam: Last night I mistakenly downloaded a remotely monitoring executable file to my hard drive by a scam pretending to be from Microsoft. This morning I was able to remove it from my laptop, and to scan my hard drive by Microsoft security. Is my computer safe to this malware...
  8. Scam: Someone Called and Claimed to be From Microsoft

Scam: Someone Called and Claimed to be From Microsoft: Just received call saying it was from Microsoft and that they were charging my account $299.00 for something. I have never ordered anything from Microsoft for $299.00 so just hung up. Just alerting that there is a telephone scam about Microsoft. [Original Title: Scam]...
  9. microsoft scam

microsoft scam: i was fooled into letting a caller get accsess to my laptop by saying it was being hacked.consequently rang microsoft to fix this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-scam/785c1762-d4d8-4951-a8fa-1592007780a3"
  10. Microsoft Scam

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Scam: I keep getting a full page of Ibelive Fake Microsoft Scam with a phone number to call how can I get rid of it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/microsoft-scam/20aa506e-23f9-4e89-b37a-468d4e4d7ece