Windows 10: Scammer called MSN virus alert take over a device

Discus and support Scammer called MSN virus alert take over a device in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My daughters laptop received an MSN virus alert and started beeping today when she tried to access an online video for school. In the message there was... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by gerrysmith06, Jan 15, 2021.

1. Scammer called MSN virus alert take over a device

My daughters laptop received an MSN virus alert and started beeping today when she tried to access an online video for school. In the message there was a 'MSN' contact number which my wife telephoned. They accessed my daughters laptop before I cancelled it. Are we in any danger if they have my IP address? What do I need to do?

[Original Title: MSN virus alert]

:)

gerrysmith06, Jan 15, 2021

2. Scammers

Unsolicited phone calls, browser pop-ups and
    emails (aka
    Tech Support Scamming
    ) from "so-called Support Techs" advising
    "your computer is infected with malware",
    “All Your Files Are Encrypted"
    and other
    fake "alert messages"
    has become an increasing common scam tactic over the past several years. The scams may involve web pages with screenshots of fake Microsoft (Windows) Support messages, fake reports of suspicious activity, fake warnings of malware
    found on your computer,
    fake ransomware
    and fake
    BSODs
    all of which include a tech support phone number to call in order to fix the problem. These are a few examples.

Microsoft does not make unsolicited phone calls, display pop-up alerts in your browser to call a support number or send unsolicited email messages to request personal or financial information or
    to fix your computer.

If the scam involves unsolicited phone calls from someone claiming to be an
    employee affiliated with Microsoft or Windows Support advising your computer is infected with malware,
    not answering any questions and hanging up the telephone is the best way to deal with phone scammers.

For more information and resources to protect yourself from scams, please read
    Beware of Phony Emails & Tech Support Scams
    ...there are suggestions
    near the bottom for dealing with scams and a list of security scanning tools to use in case the usual methods do not resolve the problem.

quietman7 - MVP, Jan 15, 2021
  3. Virus alert. Told to call a number.

I received a virus alert stating Microsoft found a virus and would be blocking my computer and to call a number

the page disappeared don't know if it is legit can you help me?

Original title: virus alert

sandraatkinson47, Jan 15, 2021
  4. Scammer called MSN virus alert take over a device

BEWARE scammers again using windows alert to say you have a virus & your computer is being blocked

BEWARE scammers again using windows alert to say you have a virus & your computer is being blocked,while they steal your details so call Microsoft on 0000000? .I just closed all & did a scan which was clear.

Moved from Virus & Malware

Original title: scams

ReginaldCharlton, Jan 15, 2021
Thema:

Scammer called MSN virus alert take over a device

1. Scammer called MSN virus alert take over a device - Similar Threads - Scammer called MSN

2. Scammer Call

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Scammer Call: Hi this is James. I wanted to report a scammer call. I received 4 calls from +49 number with non american accent saying that he is with "microsoft" and saying that my computer is compromise and sending them errors, asking to connect to my computer. I think it's a scam. Are...
  3. Scammer Call

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scammer Call: Hi this is James. I wanted to report a scammer call. I received 4 calls from +49 number with non american accent saying that he is with "microsoft" and saying that my computer is compromise and sending them errors, asking to connect to my computer. I think it's a scam. Are...
  4. Scammer Call

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. phone call scammers

phone call scammers: Hi Community Peoples , I was wandering ''actually needing to know'' will a microsoft , windows customer support person contact you @ your home # alerting you '' someone has been hacking and on your pc for days , and I need you to sign on your computer so I can help u delete...
  6. Virus alerts

Virus alerts: I was getting numerous popups and installed mcafee. Now I am getting even more mcafee popups. I have attached some screen shots. The popups are in the bottom right of the page.I can barely use my computer anymore because of these stupid popups... 30 or 40 will pop up in a row...
  7. MSN virus alert

MSN virus alert: My daughters laptop received an MSN virus alert and started beeping today when she tried to access an online video for school. In the message there was a 'MSN' contact number which my wife telephoned. They accessed my daughters laptop before I cancelled it. Are we in any...
  8. Virus alert

Virus alert: Earlier today i recieved an alert stating it was from Microsoft and that i had three very serious viruses and needed immediate attention. Down load tool was from WIN TONIC........ Real or SCAM???????...
  9. virus alert

virus alert: defender finds a virus, quarantined the virus. I remove all the quarantined viruses. the threat alert pm the bottom right of the screen slices over with the same virus alert. I remove the quarantined virus.. the alert alerts again. this keeps repeating. the virus is "Bruser...
  10. Scammer call

in Windows 10 Support
    Scammer call: Just got a call from California from guy who said he was from Microsoft calling about error messages being sent out from my computer running Windows 10. Wanted me to get on computer to fix problem. These scumbags are clever enough to take advantage of rollout and problems...